Official Combine results?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Nors, you still think Rogers is a second round pick? Not trying to pick a fight, just wondering. I still think he's the best CB in the draft.

BigWillie

Reaction score
Nors, I believe you just reiterated what I just said.

Anyways, hand held times are shown to be from anywhere from .15-.18 of difference in the actual times. In some cases, as much as .20 seconds.

Example would be DeAngelo Hall. All I heard during his last year at VA Tech is how he ran a 4.15 forty yard dash. The time was done on a track surface, with cleats, wind-aided, hand-held. He came to the combine and ran a little over 4.4 in the forty, which is nowhere near terrible, but nowhere close to the 4.15 forty yard dash.

But as shown above, other things like wind (yes, if the wind is at your back it can help), type of surface, shoes, etc., can be deceptive which trying to gauge a person's true speed.

Bobo

Reaction score
Hate to be nit-picky, but I thought Hall ran something like a low to mid 4.3 at the combine? Also thought his 4.15 was indoors, so not wind aided. But enough nit picking, all those variables definitely can make differences.

BigWillie

Reaction score
Bobo said:
Hate to be nit-picky, but I thought Hall ran something like a low to mid 4.3 at the combine? Also thought his 4.15 was indoors, so not wind aided. But enough nit picking, all those variables definitely can make differences.

One time Hall ran was in the mid-to-high 4.3's, but the rest were in the low 4.4's.

Also, he ran the 4.15 during spring drills which are done on a track surface at Tech.