Official Combine Thread

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Does arm length matter for QBs? Kyler's 28 4/8" seems really short.

Well the shorter the arm, all other things being equal, physics dictates the quicker the release. Less distance to travel.

But arm length, or hand size, or 40 time, etc., especially for a quarterback by themselves means little. They have the hardest job in sports, if any one attribute is most important, it's what's between the ears...

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Sternberger with some decent measurables. He could have bulked up a bit because he looked light in the arse at A&M.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sternberger with some decent measurables. He could have bulked up a bit because he looked light in the arse at A&M.
@CalPolyTechnique, I've watched a lot of A&M games (former student, duh) and, in some ways, Sternberger reminds me a little of Jay Novacek. By that, I mean adequate blocker with a nack for getting open - more of an athlete than a pure football player.

By no means am I suggesting he will be anywhere near as good as Novacek. Rather, there are some aspects of Sterberger's game that remind me of Novacek.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
@CalPolyTechnique, I've watched a lot of A&M games (former student, duh) and, in some ways, Sternberger reminds me a little of Jay Novacek. By that, I mean adequate blocker with a nack for getting open - more of an athlete than a pure football player.

By no means am I suggesting he will be anywhere near as good as Novacek. Rather, there are some aspects of Sterberger's game that remind me of Novacek.

Honestly, I don’t see much difference between he and Jarwin and that’s no slight. I took Sternberger in the MK Jr. Draft with the presumption Kellen Moore would utilize two receiving TE sets like the Eagles do with Goedert and Ertz.

With Witten’s return (smh) I’m not sure if the Cowboys will punt addressing the position for another year. My guess is with the holes on the d-line, I think they will.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Metcalf is a big asz WR, Sheesh! Butler too!
TEs all seem to be around the same height n weight.

Combine is popping, real measurements now.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Metcalf is a big asz WR, Sheesh! Butler too!
TEs all seem to be around the same height n weight.

Combine is popping, real measurements now.
I want Butler but not in 2nd unless all our other targets are gone by then. He’s gonna be a beast.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Iosua Opeta, Yodny Cajuste, and Hjalte Froholdt.....

Did a raccoon steal someone’s cellphone and start tweeting?

When you hear the names Phil and Garrett, I’m picturing the wannabe hipster sitting at Starbucks looking at Reddit on his phone.