• 2nd Round: No. 56
• 3rd Round: No. 88
• 5th Round: No. 173
• 6th Round: No. 216
• 7th Round: No. 234
• 7th Round: No. 245

Adiba1977

Reaction score
Trade down in 1st and get another late 3 or early 4. Then trade back up in the 5th and give up 6/7 round picks. I never need anything after a 5th round pick.

1942willys

Reaction score
Trade down in 1st and get another late 3 or early 4. Then trade back up in the 5th and give up 6/7 round picks. I never need anything after a 5th round pick.
It is incredibly rare for anyone drafted after the fifth rd to make the team and really contribute so using those last three picks to do something with I agree on.
Trading down with our first depends on who is there when our pick comes and if there is a decent offer on the table

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Have to? We had one already and used it. It's not like we just lost it. There is a player on the team that came from that pick.
I'm expecting the Cowboys to use Trey Lance to compete with Rush in TC and the preseason games.

It'll be interesting. The results might either give him Rush's spot or the #3 backup QB spot if he falters.

Last edited:

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
WE HAVE TO GET A 4th
What we've done in the past is get aggressive in the mid rounds based on what comp picks we have coming.

I think the Trey Lance trade was a bit of unexpected surprise/gamble, but if you look at the picks we dealt last year...5th rounder to KC, 6th rounder to Buffalo (through Houston) they were replaced with comp picks.

Look for us to use our 2025 5th and 6th rounders to potentially move up into the 4th or up higher in round 3

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
What we've done in the past is get aggressive in the mid rounds based on what comp picks we have coming.

I think the Trey Lance trade was a bit of unexpected surprise/gamble, but if you look at the picks we dealt last year...5th rounder to KC, 6th rounder to Buffalo (through Houston) they were replaced with comp picks.

Look for us to use our 2025 5th and 6th rounders to potentially move up into the 4th or up higher in round 3
sounds good to me!!!

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I'd love that but it's probably a 5th at best.

The only way to get a 4th is if the Cowboys also gave up a 6th with him.
I don't think we'll get anything for him and he'll be a post June 1st cut

At this point I think he's a progress stopper and I'd rather give Turpin a larger role on offense

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
If you are trading back in the first, it better be for a 2nd and 3rd or 4th but not just for the latters.

Hardline

Reaction score
There will be 85 players selected between our 56th to 88th pick. That's going to be tough to watch.
That's where all the RBs are going to start flying off the board.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I forgot to add the compensatory picks in the 4th round
I think he meant 85 picks between the Cowboys 3rd Round: No. 88 and 5th Round: No. 173.

I'm pretty positive they are going to send some team a 2025 3rd for a middle of the 4th round pick to draft this year's version of Viliami Fehoko or Eric Scott aka a guy they could just have drafted with their next selection. Stay tuned.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
I think he meant 85 picks between the Cowboys 3rd Round: No. 88 and 5th Round: No. 173.

I'm pretty positive they are going to send some team a 2025 3rd for a middle of the 4th round pick to draft this year's version of Viliami Fehoko or Eric Scott aka a guy they could just have drafted with their next selection. Stay tuned.

LOL, about par of the course with this top brass.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
I'm all for trading down in the 1st and 2nd round if possible. Get two more thirds and get at least one 4th in the process.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
There will be 85 players selected between our 56th to 88th pick. That's going to be tough to watch.
That's where all the RBs are going to start flying off the board.
Solution: Don't watch