Official Cowboys 2024 draft - positional and compensatory picks

Jfconrow

Reaction score
There will be 85 players selected between our 56th to 88th pick. That's going to be tough to watch.
That's where all the RBs are going to start flying off the board.
Look at who the Cowboys interviewed. On offense they're looking at 5th and 6th round RBs, 1st round WRs, and late TEs. They're just not going to take a RB early.

Hardline

Reaction score
Look at who the Cowboys interviewed. On offense they're looking at 5th and 6th round RBs, 1st round WRs, and late TEs. They're just not going to take a RB early.
I'm 80% sure there will be a RB taken no later than the 3rd round. They aren't going so sit around and watch all the top RB talent fail to fall to them like they did last year.

Chasing6

Reaction score
It is incredibly rare for anyone drafted after the fifth rd to make the team and really contribute so using those last three picks to do something with I agree on.
Trading down with our first depends on who is there when our pick comes and if there is a decent offer on the table

Every drafted player makes the Cowboys plus several undrafted free agents.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Based on our 30 visits our priorities are OLine, RB and LB. With a sprinkle of WR, TE, DE and DT.

Not sure how that makes sense with our run D and the departure of 2 DT's and 2 DE's, with no additions in FA, so far.

I forgot we got Carl Davis.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well why did they not step in last year when we get giving up 5+ yards a carry?
Mazi will be better. Everyone was screaming for Williams to get more snaps, and he finally will. They still believe in Golston and Fehoko should be much better.

Some of the problem with stopping the run was the back 7. For example, Overshown got hurt and Bell was undersized and playing out of position. Kearse played bad and Wilson was hurt.