*Official Cowboyszone Position Rankings* DE

tm1119

Reaction score
How this is gonna work: post your top 15 players at each position and rank them from 15-1 with 15 being your #1 guy. Think of it as assigning points really. I will add up the points for each guy after as many people as possible posted to form what should be pretty close to our big board for each position. Obviously this thread is for DE only, but I hope to make 1 for at least most of the positions depending on level of participation. Also, include anybody who wold play DE in OUR system. So include the likes of Mack and Barr even though they might be OLB to other teams.

Additionally, if you choose you can also do your top 3 "sleepers" at each position as long as you didn't include them in your top 15. Do the same as with your top 15, #3 is your top sleeper.

*we are also not omitting players like Clowney even though we have no chance at drafting him

I'll post mine 1st to get it started and clear up any confusion

15- Clowney
14- Mack
13- Barr
12- Ealy
11- Murphy
10- Ford
9- Kareem Martin
8- Scott Crichton
7- Marcus Smith
5- DeMarcus Lawrence
4- Chris Smith
3- Will Clarke
2- James Gayle
1- Michael Sam

3- Ben Gardner
2- Larry Webster
1- Zach Moore

RamziD

Reaction score
How this is gonna work: post your top 15 players at each position and rank them from 15-1 with 15 being your #1 guy. Think of it as assigning points really. I will add up the points for each guy after as many people as possible posted to form what should be pretty close to our big board for each position. Obviously this thread is for DE only, but I hope to make 1 for at least most of the positions depending on level of participation. Also, include anybody who wold play DE in OUR system. So include the likes of Mack and Barr even though they might be OLB to other teams.

Additionally, if you choose you can also do your top 3 "sleepers" at each position as long as you didn't include them in your top 15. Do the same as with your top 15, #3 is your top sleeper.

*we are also not omitting players like Clowney even though we have no chance at drafting him

I'll post mine 1st to get it started and clear up any confusion

15- Clowney
14- Mack
13- Barr
12- Ealy
11- Murphy
10- Ford
9- Kareem Martin
8- Scott Crichton
7- Marcus Smith
5- DeMarcus Lawrence
4- Chris Smith
3- Will Clarke
2- James Gayle
1- Michael Sam

3- Ben Gardner
2- Larry Webster
1- Zach Moore

Do you not consider Jackson Jeffcoat a DE or is he not on your list?

tm1119

Reaction score
Do you not consider Jackson Jeffcoat a DE or is he not on your list?

Ehh I dont like him for us basically. I think he's going to have to go to a 3-4 team. I debated putting him on there in the last 3-4 spots but decided against it.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
15 clowney
14 ealy
13 ford
12 crichton
11 murphy
10 m smith
9 k martin
8 c smith
7 jeffcoat
6 lawrence
5 w clarke
4 mauro
3 stinson
2 sam
1 lynch

Later guys
Webster
Westbrooks
Gardner

tm1119

Reaction score
Crichton is better than Murphy, more on par with Ford

Ehh what makes you say that with such confidence? The only thing I see Crichton has a clear advantage in is weight. Maybe makes him a little more versatile because he could play the strong side while Murphy would be limited to weak side, but I don't think it necessarily makes him a better DE.

Questfor6

Reaction score
Ehh what makes you say that with such confidence? The only thing I see Crichton has a clear advantage in is weight. Maybe makes him a little more versatile because he could play the strong side while Murphy would be limited to weak side, but I don't think it necessarily makes him a better DE.

Don't get me wrong I'd take Murphy in the 2nd but he seems more sluggish to me than Crichton, he plays the run better than Crichton though.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Assuming you're listing Easley as a DT then and not among the Ends as well. He's shown the ability to dominate at both positions.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I have easley as a dt in our scheme and also both barr and mack as 3-4 olb only.