Official cuts according to DMN

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
he didn't mainly because of Edwards.

I got blasted for saying that Edwards was better in the preseason games than Gardner.

Gardner might do something eventually, but he just didn't do much this preseason. I would be OK with him on the practice squad.

conner01

Reaction score
I got blasted for saying that Edwards was better in the preseason games than Gardner.

Gardner might do something eventually, but he just didn't do much this preseason. I would be OK with him on the practice squad.

Like to see Gibson, Gardner and Ross on ps
There is just something about Ross that makes me think he can develope into a player

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like to see Gibson, Gardner and Ross on ps
There is just something about Ross that makes me think he can develope into a player

I didn't focus on the DBs. If he was #29 he did flash some ability. Also #41 flashed at Safety.

I was surprised none of the WRs after Lucky flashed much. Most preseasons a WR is the most likely to flash with some good plays (often never to be heard from again).

conner01

Reaction score
I didn't focus on the DBs. If he was #29 he did flash some ability. Also #41 flashed at Safety.

I was surprised none of the WRs after Lucky flashed much. Most preseasons a WR is the most likely to flash with some good plays (often never to be heard from again).

I actually thought wr would be a spot hard to cut down
But in the end the guys we brought in late showed probably more than any of them
Jenkins wasn't bad though

Aven8

Reaction score

You were right. Edwards was, is, better. Gardner isn't bad, he just needs some bulk IMO. I love how we kept every Dlineman. Gonna be stout!

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

the-sky-is-falling-2.jpg

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You were right. Edwards was, is, better. Gardner isn't bad, he just needs some bulk IMO. I love how we kept every Dlineman. Gonna be stout!

I think he would have a better chance if he bulked up and played the 3tech position. He only has success when he rushes to the inside of the OT as a DE. He is not an outside rusher. He was the same way in college. The problem is that he is already not super quick so bulking up might slow him down too much. Some have suggested that he would be better as a 3-4 DE which might be true but most 3-4 teams really want their DEs to have long arms.

Having said that, if he was your 4th DE on game day, he could come in and not be a liability against the run.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Did any of the guys we cut get picked up by another team?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did any of the guys we cut get picked up by another team?

Archer (ESPN-Dallas) said they all cleared waivers. That makes them free agents in regards to practice squads. If the Cowboys and another team both offer them practice squad jobs they could decide to go to the other team but that rarely happens.