***Official Draft Thread Day THREE***

Eddie

Reaction score
I think all draftees make the team this year ... especially the defensive ones. Man, we were so pathetically bad last year. I'm glad this was a D heavy draft. I think all players should be able to contribute immediately ... whether as starters, rotational, situational, or special teams players.

I'm not really sure we have enough ammo to break 8-8.

Mrdude108

Corleone
Reaction score
Damn, Mike Davis, Bailey and Jeffcoat didn't get drafted. So weird. Mike Davis needs to be here as an udfa.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good for Michael Sam and good for the Rams. Was hoping we'd snag him. People will look back at this moment a generation from now as a big moment and really wish Dallas could have been the team. Too many outside news outlets were dubbing the NFL a bunch of bigots and this should really shut them up.

Glad for him, too, but I think STL is a great fit for him. Better than Dallas would have been. Close to where he played, and on a team that's deep enough on DL that, if he gets cut, it'll be because of talent and nothing else. Also, the spotlight is appropriately sized in STL, where it would be gigantic here for us.

Staubacher

Reaction score
I liked this draft. Proves our War Room is really thinking. I know losing a pick to trade up was iffy, but they even explained their thought process there. As long as Lawrence produces it was ok.

Our 7th round was fun.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think all draftees make the team this year ... especially the defensive ones. Man, we were so pathetically bad last year. I'm glad this was a D heavy draft. I think all players should be able to contribute immediately ... whether as starters, rotational, situational, or special teams players.

I'm not really sure we have enough ammo to break 8-8.

Can't imagine they all do. Several will on defense, though. We added some DL depth there in the 7th, anyway.

erod

Reaction score
For the first time in 76 years, the Longhorns did not have a player drafted.

Plankton

Reaction score
Hopefully, the post draft period is fruitful. Here's some of the guys I would be interested in:

QB Brett Smith
RB George Atkinson III
WR L'Damian Washington
C Tyler Larsen
DT Kelcy Quarles
DT Deandre Coleman
DE Ethan Westbrooks
DE James Gayle
DE/DT Josh Mauro
CB Rashaad Reynolds
S Craig Loston

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Can't imagine they all do. Several will on defense, though. We added some DL depth there in the 7th, anyway.

I don't think the last OLB we drafted makes it. But Bishop definitely makes it and probably pushes Hayden off the roster. I think the CB Mitchell makes the roster too since we're light on CBs. The SDE, "Jarred Allen Light", might not make it depending on the health of Spencer. The SS might not make it depending on the health of Johnson unless Heath goes bye bye.

JoeyHarris

Reaction score
And it's weird. As a younger man I may have been uneasy with seeing two guys kissing on TV. But being a football fan and knowing just how bad you have to want it to make it in this league under "normal" circumstances, add that to all Michael Sam has been through and the gender he happens to prefer, and wow. How can you NOT root for him to make it?!

fishspill

Reaction score
I'll go ahead and say, I liked this draft overall and think it might serve the Boys well going forward. Did well with the hand they were dealt, had some questionable moves but the guys they got weren't generally D-3 unknowns, which I think could bode well.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
And it's weird. As a younger man I may have been uneasy with seeing two guys kissing on TV. But being a football fan and knowing just how bad you have to want it to make it in this league under "normal" circumstances, add that to all Michael Sam has been through and the gender he happens to prefer, and wow. How can you NOT root for him to make it?!

he won't make it, he'll be cut in August....

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think the last OLB we drafted makes it. But Bishop definitely makes it and probably pushes Hayden off the roster. I think the CB Mitchell makes the roster too since we're light on CBs. The SDE, "Jarred Allen Light", might not make it depending on the health of Spencer. The SS might not make it depending on the health of Johnson unless Heath goes bye bye.

Hard to keep track of everybody we just added right now. The TT LB (Smith?) I have my doubts about. Same with Mitchell, though I'd guess he might beat out Webb head:head, but that's because I don't see much to like about Webb. I think Gardener's going to end up being a good player and a fan favorite for us. Lissemore-like, not Ratliff-like, though. But I think he'll contribute.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Did Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers get picked?

Also, what did Quarles do? Was it a drug test fail?

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Did Brandon Coleman, WR, Rutgers get picked?

Also, what did Quarles do? Was it a drug test fail?

Got into a bar fight. Him and a CB who played in South Carolina with him. Think the CB's name is Vic Hampton. He had a 2nd round grade on him and I don't think he got drafted either. Must have been pretty serious.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Got into a bar fight. Him and a CB who played in South Carolina with him. Think the CB's name is Vic Hampton. He had a 2nd round grade on him and I don't think he got drafted either. Must have been pretty serious.

Oh..that explains Hampton too. I was wondering what was up with him.

Thanks

Staubacher

Reaction score

Allegedly they beat the guy so bad he has needed multiple facial surgeries. Legal issues pending though they have not been charged.

Scowboys8

Reaction score

They booth were cleared of any wrong doing in that incident. Quarles signed with the giants.