official giants- raiders game thread

Letemburn

Reaction score
Heres what adam had to say about it...

------------------

"It's very unlikely (the Giants play Oakland and Tampa Bay plays New Orleans), but if that happens, Washington would win the East and Carolina would win the South. The Giants and Bucs would be in a tiebreaker for the first wild card. IF the Giants win that, we'd be in the tiebreaker with the Bucs for the second wild card.

Both of those tiebreakers would be decided by strength of victory. At this moment, Dallas and Tampa Bay are tied with 67 wins (for the teams they've beaten), with the Giants at 65. But the games left this week and those played next week could push Dallas and the Giants ahead of Tampa Bay (Dallas and the Giants both have more opponents' games left this week)."

----------------

So what that means is that we have to hope that the teams the Giants beat win some games and the ones that Tampa beat lose some games.

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
Letemburn said:
Right now i think Tampa wins the SOS against Giants, so then Tampa would bet the Giants in SOS and earn the first wildcard and then Giants would beat us out due to division record or w/e. So i think we have to hope for some other teams to win or lose also so that the Giants would beat out Tampa in SOS. Wheres Adam when you need him....
Well, I should've explained that my statement is based on if the Panthers win. Then they would be their division champs which puts Tampa out. And I believe that it wouldn't matter what the Commanders do in their game.
If all this happened this way, then the NFC would look like this:
Seattle
Bears
Panthers
Washington
New York
Dallas

Letemburn

Reaction score
cowboyfan4life_mark said:
Well, I should've explained that my statement is based on if the Panthers win. Then they would be their division champs which puts Tampa out. And I believe that it wouldn't matter what the Commanders do in their game.
Seattle
Bears
Panthers
Washington
New York
Dallas

No no. Because Tampa would beat out New York in Strength of Victory as of right now. THen New York would beat us out of the 2nd wildcard spot with Division record. It would look like this...

Seattle
Bears
Panthers
Washington
Tampa
New York
-------------
Dallas

We would miss out because Tampa beats New York in SOV. And NY beats us in Division record. We need to hope that 3 more teams that New York played win then ones that Tampa played and won. That i thnk would put New York ahead in SOV. Then of course for this whole thing to work Tampa would have to lose to NO and we would have to beat St. Louis which makes the Conference record tied at i think 8-4. Then we would move onto the next tiebreaker which is "Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four". I dont think we played 4 of the same teams, then it would go to "Strength of victory." Which is where we sit at now, and cant decide until all the games are over tomorrow.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
would we be the 5th seed if the giants, tampa, Commanders and carolina lose?

Letemburn

Reaction score
Im pretty sure we would be. But i just edited my last post. I found out the scenario of how to get to the playoffs if the Giants and Buccs lose.

Letemburn

Reaction score
Hey LaTuna. Maybe you know....Am i right on this?

cowboyfan4life_mark said:
Seattle
Bears
Panthers
Washington
New York
Dallas

No no. Because Tampa would beat out New York in Strength of Victory as of right now. THen New York would beat us out of the 2nd wildcard spot with Division record. It would look like this...

Seattle
Bears
Panthers
Washington
Tampa
New York
-------------
Dallas

We would miss out because Tampa beats New York in SOV. And NY beats us in Division record. We need to hope that 3 more teams that New York played win then ones that Tampa played and won. That i thnk would put New York ahead in SOV. Then of course for this whole thing to work Tampa would have to lose to NO and we would have to beat St. Louis which makes the Conference record tied at i think 8-4. Then we would move onto the next tiebreaker which is "Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four". I dont think we played 4 of the same teams, then it would go to "Strength of victory." Which is where we sit at now, and cant decide until all the games are over tomorrow.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
it's time for moss to take one to the freaking house!!

Letemburn

Reaction score
Why dont they just throw lobs to Moss all day, lol. It would work better then their offensenow.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Letemburn said:
Hey LaTuna. Maybe you know....Am i right on this?

Forgive me if I don't read thru it. All I know is if the Bucs, Panthers, and Jints all finish at 10-5, the Bucs will beat out the Cats on their division record, and will win the NFC south division over Carolina because of their conference record.

That would make the Bucs the #3 seed I believe.

The Jints would also win any tie over the Panthers, I think on their conf. record.

What it means to me is win at all costs for Carolina tomorrow..which ain't good for us!

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
atlanta really is our only chance................this sucks.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

collins is playing lights freakin out!!