News: Official: Jerry statement on not renewing Garrett contract

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Excuse me for being nerdy about this, but exactly how did Jerry Jones make this announcement public? A written statement?? Given out to who??

Press release.

Of course now we now that the Werder story was legit, had to have been Stephen who leaked it.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Jerry, please reach out to one of your football pals and get some advice on your next hire. Please don't rely on the family tree for guidance.
giphy-downsized.gif

triplets_93

Reaction score
Press release.

Of course now we now that the Werder story was legit, had to have been Stephen who leaked it.

Most organizations keep copies of their Official Press Releases to view on their Official Web Sites. Is this available to view on the Cowboys Official Website as a Press Release?

Cowfan75

Reaction score
"...while having them in position to play for the NFC East title the final game of the year..."

Only Jerry would spin failing as a good thing. 8-8...that spells "glass half full"!

triplets_93

Reaction score
Yes, you can read Jerry's full statement on DallasCowboys.com. Here is the link.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/cowboys-part-ways-with-jason-garrett
All I could did out of that long article was this:
“We are extremely grateful to Jason Garrett for his more than 20 years of service to the Dallas Cowboys as a player, assistant coach and head coach,” Jones said. “His level of commitment, character and dedication to this organization has been outstanding at every stage of his career.”

Is that the Full Statement ??? 'cause that's what I'm asking for, you see...

DenCWBY

Reaction score
u know u did a really bad job as a head coach if they list four straight up, embarrassing failures as accomplishments in the press release.
I think JG wrote it and drunk Jerry approved it. I have never read nicer words about someone who did so little for a franchise over such a long period of time. Man up Jerry and Garrett and part ways like men instead of this creepy lovefest you have for each other. Dang!!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
The more I read that statement, the more I laugh.

It actually illustrated how many times he failed to win the NFC East title.

FOUR TIMES in the last game of the season.

Like that is a strong bullet point on a resume.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
All I could did out of that long article was this:
“We are extremely grateful to Jason Garrett for his more than 20 years of service to the Dallas Cowboys as a player, assistant coach and head coach,” Jones said. “His level of commitment, character and dedication to this organization has been outstanding at every stage of his career.”

Is that the Full Statement ??? 'cause that's what I'm asking for, you see...
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...son-garrett-out-coach-jerry-jones/2771227001/

Here is an article from USA today that contains the entire statement from Jerry Jones.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
PR dept did a good job with the statement. Timing was impeccable.