Official NFL draft Insider Daniel Jeremiah's Final Mock

cnuball21

Reaction score
Im higher on Williams than most here, but even I take Latu/Verse
Don’t see how you cant
Yeah it’s Verse all day if he’s there. Just a better prospect and at a more premium position. If we can’t hit on a OC in this draft class outside of the 1st there’s something wrong, this is a very deep class. No need to force it.

I also think a trade back would very much be on the table if the 2 DE’s and BTJ are on the board. Someone would be willing to pay the price to move up.
Question is - do the Cowboys have the marbles to take the best player? I have very little confidence they do.

Aven8

Reaction score
If we take a hybrid Olineman without a position over the two best DE’s I would puke!

morasp

Reaction score
Verse. Lawrence on the last year of his contract, Fowler and Armstrong gone. We had Amari Cooper when Lamb fell to us and they didn't hesitate and that worked out OK.

Carter

Reaction score
Verse. Lawrence on the last year of his contract, Fowler and Armstrong gone. We had Amari Cooper when Lamb fell to us and they didn't hesitate and that worked out OK.
Pass Rush wont matter if they are on the Field 90% of the time because Dak gets murdered.

I believe there are better options at DE in the later rounds than starting O-Liners

morasp

Reaction score
Pass Rush wont matter if they are on the Field 90% of the time because Dak gets murdered.

I believe there are better options at DE in the later rounds than starting O-Liners
It's your fan prerogative and mine to have an opinion about the who they should take. Looking back our best draft picks by far have been value picks rather than need picks.

cnuball21

Reaction score

You’ve got 3 rounds or getting an OL player to help with a premium pick. It’s a loaded class so good options later and you have to trust the development of what’s on the team to an extent.

Forcing it in the 1st over a unanimous top 20 talent is the definition of poor drafting.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Ehhh, Verse is a strange prospect to me. I am not sure he's going to be as good as people think.
Man IMO I think he’s one of the safest Edge players in the draft that would be an awesome long term fit opposite of Micah.

Mikexike

Reaction score
I dig it! I believe taking a Flex/C will do wonders for this team.