READ THIS Official SPORGWIRE.com discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As many of you have noticed (pun intended), there is a giant notice at the top of the site for my latest project, SPORGWIRE.com. You can dismiss the notice at the top by clicking on the red X in the top right corner!

It is a very simple concept .. follow all of your favorite sports teams and then the SPORGWIRE home page becomes your personalized sports news site.

The goal of SPORGWIRE is to pull sports news, rumors, videos, etc. from every sports source on the internet and associate them with sports teams to provide the most thorough and updated sports newswire service on the internet. Unlike other sports content aggregators, SPORGWIRE will look for sports content everywhere, not just the major sports news sites.

At the moment, I have only activated mainly NFL content given the NFL draft is here. You may notice a small amount of content for other non-NFL teams, but that is only due to carry over. All major sports teams will soon have feeds just as deep as the NFL teams!

A few random notes:
  • You can follow channels (teams) without logging in but if your browser loses its cookies for the site or they are reset, you will lose your list. If you login, your followed channels will be saved.
  • You can also view each team directly as each team has its own direct simple URL. For example, the Dallas Cowboys URL is: http://dallascowboys.sporgwire.com
  • You can switch between 3 content layouts at the moment including Large Grid, Small Grid and List.
  • You can toggle between a light and dark theme once you are viewing a team or your feed page.
  • The site is mobile friendly.
  • And again, you can dismiss the notice at the top by clicking on the red X.

I have put a lot of work and effort into this project and I hope you will check it out when you have time! Any comments, suggestions, etc. on SPORGWIRE will be welcomed and appreciated!

Let me know what you think!

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Seems pretty cool so far, just started surfing the links a bit. Hopefully, you'll have the NBA section ready soon, especially since the playoffs are going and the Draft is coming up.

Go Spurs Go!!!!

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems pretty cool so far, just started surfing the links a bit. Hopefully, you'll have the NBA section ready soon, especially since the playoffs are going and the Draft is coming up.

Go Spurs Go!!!!
:D

I already have a lot of content sources setup, I just have not enabled them yet. I will be activating more channels and adding more content sources over the next week.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SMS updates?
That is something I plan to look into once I get the site completely online and start to research export methods. My goal is to provide access to the data (content) through various methods. Which methods and on what time table is still unknown, but I have much larger plans for the data even beyond the site itself.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
will I be able to get news about my Redwings?
Of course :) I already have data sources setup for NBA, MLB and NHL teams. I just haven't enabled them yet. I went with NFL first because of the draft and I needed to test everything.

The others should go live over the next week or so.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have setup and enabled content for MLB teams now! :D

Just follow your favorite MLB/NFL teams and the SPORGWIRE home page will provide you with a regularly updated feed.

** NOTE: Because of the influx of new and older MLB data initially, it is possible that some older content may have newer dates on it. This is only temporary due to some sources not time-stamping their content. After a couple of days, the content going forward should be more date accurate.

NBA and NHL teams should be added at some point in the next week or so.

Hardline

Reaction score
Is it professional sports only? Can I get news about the Longhorns and Horned Frogs?

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it professional sports only? Can I get news about the Longhorns and Horned Frogs?
I plan to cover as many sports as possible, not just the primary professional and college US sports. As it says in the header on the site, only NFL and MLB content is active right now. I will be adding NBA, NHL, NCAA, Soccer and more in the near future.

My goal is to find and add every decent sports content source to SPORGWIRE, but it will take time to find and set them up as well as test each of them.

My hope is that sports fans will love that they can follow all of their favorite sports teams or even entire leagues to create their own personal sports site. :)

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Just wondering, why Sporgwire? I like the name, FTR. Kinda Terminator-ish. :)

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just wondering, why Sporgwire? I like the name, FTR. Kinda Terminator-ish. :)
It's a branding-based name, but it also has meaning. SPORG is short for SPorts ORGanizations Wire as the content is broken down by team and sports leagues.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Why not APTRATNAAYRTAS.com?

You know, "A Place To Read All The News About All Your Favorite Teams and Sports" DOT COM!.

EST_1986

Reaction score
I attempted to sign up using a gmail account but never got an email, checked my spam as well @Reality

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I attempted to sign up using a gmail account but never got an email, checked my spam as well @Reality

I can't answer for Reality... But I can tell you that gmail is ruthless is stopping emails from sources they are not comfortable with. And I'm not talking about sending them to your spam folder– I'm talking about you not getting them period.

Status
Not open for further replies.