Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A heads up.

Netflix added Black Sails.

This was a starz show some years ago.

Pirate show.

If you have not seen it, You might enjoy it. The first couple of seasons are pretty good the next two were so so.

Cool thing about it. Even though it is fictional show. Some of the characters were real pirates. Like Anne Bonny, Benjamin Hornigold, Jack Rackham, Charles Vane and of course...Blackbeard.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A heads up.

Netflix added Black Sails.

This was a starz show some years ago.

Pirate show.

If you have not seen it, You might enjoy it. The first couple of seasons are pretty good the next two were so so.

Cool thing about it. Even though it is fictional show. Some of the characters were real pirates. Like Anne Bonny, Benjamin Hornigold, Jack Rackham, Charles Vane and of course...Blackbeard.

I agree, the first couple of seasons were excellent. It was still worth watching the rest, but not something you got overly excited to see.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am watching Fallout on Prime now. I never played the game so this is all new to me. My question for game players is, are the characters in the games as goofy and inept as in the show or did the show take liberties with the characters?

I am enjoying the show, but I am thinking it might have been much better if the characters and the show were more serious and suspenseful.

visionary

Reaction score
Yellowstone
5/10
I know its an unpopular opinion and maybe i went into it expecting too much but it is too much like a soap opera with cardboard characters
Had to stop mid way into season 2

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yellowstone
5/10
I know its an unpopular opinion and maybe i went into it expecting too much but it is too much like a soap opera with cardboard characters
It is a little soapy at times, but it's a really good show. But if you don't like it so far, you won't like it any more in the ensuing seasons.

That said, if you get the chance to watch 1883, you might like that more. The girl who plays the lead character does an amazing job. Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are really good as well.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yellowstone
5/10
You are not alone. I watched the first episode when it first came out.
Thought it was too soapy as well. Reminded me of the old show Dallas which was just a night time soap opera.

Never watched another episode.

However I will say I really liked the Prequel 1883. Now that was a good one.
I started watching the next one 1923 but only watched the first episode as I started watching something else. I need to get back to it but have a feeling it will not be as good as 1883 and will be closer to the Yellowstone type of show.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You are not alone. I watched the first episode when it first came out.
Thought it was too soapy as well. Reminded me of the old show Dallas which was just a night time soap opera.

Never watched another episode.

However I will say I really liked the Prequel 1883. Now that was a good one.
I started watching the next one 1923 but only watched the first episode as I started watching something else. I need to get back to it but have a feeling it will not be as good as 1883 and will be closer to the Yellowstone type of show.
1923 is pretty much a combination of the two before it, as far as style goes. I don't remember much soap opera type stuff in it. But before you resume it, it left off on a bit of a cliffhanger, so I think there's another season coming. You may wanna wait until both are completed.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
1923 is pretty much a combination of the two before it, as far as style goes. I don't remember much soap opera type stuff in it. But before you resume it, it left off on a bit of a cliffhanger, so I think there's another season coming. You may wanna wait until both are completed.
I think the son/nephew in Africa and the woman he meets is very soapy, in the Thorn Birds miniseries sense. But the stuff at the ranch is closer to gang/mafia type stuff.

Creeper

Reaction score
Finished watching "Fallout" today. Overall, I liked it. It is a fun watch. I never played the game so I have no idea how the series compares to the game but the series was entertaining. Based on the ending, I can imagine a season 2, but we are talking about Amazon Prime, the cancellers of "Peripheral" so who knows. They could renew it and cancel it, or cancel it and renew it. I hope the renew it, which means they'll cancel it. I have little faith in Amazon.

I give Season 1 an 8 of 10.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Finished watching "Fallout" today. Overall, I liked it. It is a fun watch. I never played the game so I have no idea how the series compares to the game but the series was entertaining. Based on the ending, I can imagine a season 2, but we are talking about Amazon Prime, the cancellers of "Peripheral" so who knows. They could renew it and cancel it, or cancel it and renew it. I hope the renew it, which means they'll cancel it. I have little faith in Amazon.

I give Season 1 an 8 of 10.
It got renewed. And as I predicted it's going to be based on New Vegas. My favorite game of the series. And ohhh boyyyy they saved some of the nasty beasts for the future!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
It is a little soapy at times, but it's a really good show. But if you don't like it so far, you won't like it any more in the ensuing seasons.

That said, if you get the chance to watch 1883, you might like that more. The girl who plays the lead character does an amazing job. Tim McGraw and Faith Hill are really good as well.
Great show. My niece played one of the migrant woman.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
This happens a lot in TV shows. cars, trucks, busses do flips and summersaults, or roll down steep hills, and the hero, or the bad guys, walks away. The physical forces the body endures during these incidents break bones, dismember people, and cause severe head trauma almost every time. It is a miracle if anyone walks away to get in a fight 5 minutes later. But then again, shooting guys between the eyes with a hand gun from 60 ft is pretty difficult too.
20 yards? You Army? LOL, j/k.