***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Been watching Homeland - I think it was a Showtime series (might be wrong on that)...never watched it. Probably held up a little better back when it first came out. I've enjoyed it however...lot's of twist and turns in it.
 
Been watching Homeland - I think it was a Showtime series (might be wrong on that)...never watched it. Probably held up a little better back when it first came out. I've enjoyed it however...lot's of twist and turns in it.
I watched it when it ran on cable. I liked it too but you have to ignore that fact that this one crazy drug addled lunatic is in a position to get lots of people killed and sometimes does. Yet, instead of kicking her to the curb, the CIA continues to employ her and put her in positions to get more people killed. Once you get pasts that, it is a good show. It does get tiresome by the last couple of seasons.
 
I watched it when it ran on cable. I liked it too but you have to ignore that fact that this one crazy drug addled lunatic is in a position to get lots of people killed and sometimes does. Yet, instead of kicking her to the curb, the CIA continues to employ her and put her in positions to get more people killed. Once you get pasts that, it is a good show. It does get tiresome by the last couple of seasons.
Along with her sleeping with her "subjects" - "suspects" whatever you would call them.
 
Along with her sleeping with her "subjects" - "suspects" whatever you would call them.
That's the truth

Funny, there isn't many characters in the series I truly enjoy - but still find the stories interesting.

Quinn, Saul and Max are the only main ones I like
 
Just finished Banshee on HBO. It came out in 2013 and I had never heard of it. Definitely turn off your brain, but it starts with an ex-con going to a town and assuming the name of the new sheriff that is supposed to take over next week, who dies in front of him. The first season is pretty low budget, but it gets better and better. Some of the action scenes are great. It's not amazing, by any means, but worth a watch. It has Antony Starr, better known as Homelander from the Boys.

 
Just finished Banshee on HBO. It came out in 2013 and I had never heard of it. Definitely turn off your brain, but it starts with an ex-con going to a town and assuming the name of the new sheriff that is supposed to take over next week, who dies in front of him. The first season is pretty low budget, but it gets better and better. Some of the action scenes are great. It's not amazing, by any means, but worth a watch. It has Antony Starr, better known as Homelander from the Boys.


I really liked banshee when it was on.
Like you said, you gotta turn your brain off because these characters would not be able to get out of bed the next morning let alone going and fighting again.

But....it is twisted and wild.
 
Watched finale of Reacher.
Reacher is still a fun show to watch. But I think the first season set the bar so high that the following seasons have just not been as good.

New season of Slow Horses started today. They only have a few episodes per season but I like this show. Gary Oldman always entertains.

This Friday....Mobland season 2 starts. If you have not watched the series, you should give it a shot. Great acting and Helen Mirren is a wicked woman in this one.
 


Was only on for a couple of seasons. I think they kind of planned it that way.
I am watching it again just to pass the time. Forgot how much I enjoyed this show.
 
So I read an article with the Emmy winners this year. I gotta say, I think TV went downhill last year. Who knew the Pandemic would be the golden years of TV and Streaming? Everyone is pulling back now on their projects and it shows in the awards.
 


Went back and watched this. Still a good one. I did not like the second season, it was just too depressing and had no characters you could like.
Do not remember if I watched the third season so I might try that one next.

Did like the fourth season although some did not...except for the idea of an old haggered looking jodie foster having a adult relation scene.

That season 1 was absolutely incredible. I might have to revisit this one myself now that you’ve reminded me of it.

Also, I agree with you....season 2 was not good. I thought season 3 redeemed itself a bit, it wasn’t bad, and season 4 was so-so. They definitely couldn’t reach the greatness of season 1 again, though.
 
This one has my attention. Apparently, they returned to the camp/lake where they filmed the original movie. I think that's pretty cool.

 
This one has my attention. Apparently, they returned to the camp/lake where they filmed the original movie. I think that's pretty cool.


I feel like Peacock is underrated. Found some cool originals. Every once in a while gets first dibs on a big hit movie, I guess from Universal? Has NBC's library which at one time dominated the networks. Had NFL, NBA, Wrestling, and more.
 
I feel like Peacock is underrated. Found some cool originals. Every once in a while gets first dibs on a big hit movie, I guess from Universal? Has NBC's library which at one time dominated the networks. Had NFL, NBA, Wrestling, and more.
Yeah, we love it in my house. We actually signed up for it originally to watch one show and were going to cancel it afterward....but then they started getting some great content on there, and we've kept it ever since.
 
Mobland and Slow Horses started again.
Mobland Season 2
Slow Horses Season 6
 
I'll tell you what: Anyone who hasn't been watching the series Lioness, on Prime - check it out, and you'll see why Zoe Saldaña has become my favorite actress.
 
I'll tell you what: Anyone who hasn't been watching the series Lioness, on Prime - check it out, and you'll see why Zoe Saldaña has become my favorite actress.
Watched the first couple of seasons. Waiting till this one is done so I can binge it later
 
I'll tell you what: Anyone who hasn't been watching the series Lioness, on Prime - check it out, and you'll see why Zoe Saldaña has become my favorite actress.
My co-worker has been talking it up for a few weeks now. I have it in my queue and plan on checking it out. The good news is that it sounds like I’ll be able to binge a few seasons. :grin:
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,029
Messages
14,658,251
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top