***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu thread***

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Footballandhops

Footballandhops Member

39 Messages
    63 Likes Received
  2. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

2,128 Messages
    2,035 Likes Received
    Watched Bird Box on Netflix last night and enjoyed it. Scary movies don't really do much for me, but this one isn't exactly a horror flick and has a pretty interesting story line. Moving on to The Punisher now.

SlammedZero and Runwildboys like this.
  3. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

13,878 Messages
    26,264 Likes Received
    Yeah, I watched Bird Box a few days ago. Interesting premise and good enough acting, but it didn't keep me riveted. 7 out of 10

4. Runwildboys

13,878 Messages
    26,264 Likes Received
    Just finished it myself. For me, the last couple of episodes saved it. Agent Madani and Billy Russo definitely overacted, and Doctor Dumont a bit as well, but the ending was pretty epic and mostly unpredictable. 8 out of 10

Juggernaut likes this.
  5. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

11,333 Messages
    18,757 Likes Received
    They put the stills of the monsters up that they didn't show in the movie and I think they made the right call and I usually don't like monster movies not showing why I am watching, like Cloverfield, but in this case leaving it to the imagination was better.

Bird Box had the same quality as The Mist for me. The real monsters aren't the monsters.

6. CouchCoach

11,333 Messages
    18,757 Likes Received
    I did like the ending with the twist.

Runwildboys likes this.
  7. CouchCoach

11,333 Messages
    18,757 Likes Received
    Just watched The Kominsky Method last night on Netflix and do recommend it. Perfect vehicle for Alan Arkin and Michael Douglas.

8. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

72,261 Messages
    25,561 Likes Received
    Polar on Netflix.

In a world of assassins one organization wants to keep the assassins built pensions when they retire so they put out a hit on them.... This time they picked the wrong man to go after.

I liked this... The bad guy(s) were a little silly but liked the main character known as the Black Keiser. Some good gun/fight scenes with one that was pretty cool. Plus a surprise twist towards the end.

If you like hitmen/revenge movies... Give this one a shot. You might like it. However don't watch it with young eyes in the room as there are some adult scenes.

CouchCoach, lothos05 and Runwildboys like this.
  9. Runwildboys

13,878 Messages
    26,264 Likes Received
    Sounds like a John Wick meets Salt type movie.

10. SlammedZero

SlammedZero Well-Known Member

4,423 Messages
    9,872 Likes Received
    Has anybody watched Future Man on Hulu? It's on my radar but I haven't gotten to it yet.

11. CouchCoach

11,333 Messages
    18,757 Likes Received
    Started watching the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel last night and it's different and I found myself drawn into the characters. One thing weird about it is that it's about stand up comics but none of them are funny in their routines. All of the funny lines are off the stage. Good job of casting though.

12. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

28,700 Messages
    10,091 Likes Received
    I saw the first season, it's crude comedy, but I thought it was pretty good.

SlammedZero likes this.
  13. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

2,271 Messages
    447 Likes Received
    Just finished Punisher season 2. I liked it. A little slow at times but that didn't bother me.

14. Juggernaut

Juggernaut Well-Known Member

2,645 Messages
    7,059 Likes Received
    I finished the second season of The Punisher, unfortunately this season wasn't as good as the first. Although it was still overall entertaining, I especially enjoyed the Punisher interrupting Jigsaw. :thumbup:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2019
    DanteEXT likes this.
  15. Runwildboys

13,878 Messages
    26,264 Likes Received
    On Netflix: Just watched Ray Romano: Right Here Around the Corner - 9.5 out of 10

He shows up at 2 clubs and does stand up, unannounced to the audiences. Absolutely hilarious in both sets. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. Not 100% clean, so if you have kids, you may not wanna watch it with them.

CouchCoach likes this.
  16. SlammedZero

4,423 Messages
    9,872 Likes Received
    I really enjoyed Punisher season 2!!! Thought it was great.

17. FloridaRob

FloridaRob Well-Known Member

2,413 Messages
    830 Likes Received
    Just finished 1st two seasons of Netflix Schits Creek. Eugene Levy and his son Daniel produced and star in the comedy series. I love this type of humor. It is basically a reverse Beverly Hillbillies story. The beverly hillbillies were poor, struck oil and went to Hollywood. Levy and his family live the wealthy life in New York but end up losing it all. When they were rich the dad had purchased a back woods town called Schitts Creek for his sons birthday as a gag gift. The government decided it wasnt worth anything so they let them keep it. They move there and start a new life. The kids characters (levys real life son plays his son in the series) are awesome.

Looking forward to watching seasons three, four and five. 8 out of 10.

18. CouchCoach

11,333 Messages
    18,757 Likes Received
    One of the best at delivery and ending it the way he did was great. Usually, Burr is my main watch over but I will watch Romano's again.

Runwildboys likes this.
  19. SlammedZero

4,423 Messages
    9,872 Likes Received
    Heard they just cancelled The Punisher on Netlfix. That is a bummer. I was enjoying it. :(

DallasEast likes this.
  20. CouchCoach

11,333 Messages
    18,757 Likes Received
    Pulled it off? They were not continuing the Marvel productions but didn't think they'd pull anything off until Disney kicked off.