***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Baby Reindeer - woah 9/10

I honestly had no clue what it was and just started it because it ran a quick preview when I started Netflix.
Seemed fun........uh, not quite what I expected.

However, very well done.
Episode 4 is a hard watch, so be warned.

Creeper

Reaction score
Baby Reindeer - woah 9/10

I honestly had no clue what it was and just started it because it ran a quick preview when I started Netflix.
Seemed fun........uh, not quite what I expected.

However, very well done.
Episode 4 is a hard watch, so be warned.
Even though this series is based on a true story my reaction after watching it was a it's a 6 hour rationalization of the actions of a very stupid person. Yes, episode 4 was hard to watch, but mostly because it leaves you wondering what kind of moron would not see exactly what was going on and why would anyone put themselves in that situation repeatedly? I actually thought the last episode was much harder to watch.

This is a show I think will have people hating it or loving it. I would not give it a 9. I thought Gadd did a pretty good job acting, and Jessica Gunning was superb as his stalker. She is going to win an award of some kind I think. Nava Mau seemed a bit amateurish. I admit it was a more original story than most Netlfix stuff these days.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Even though this series is based on a true story my reaction after watching it was a it's a 6 hour rationalization of the actions of a very stupid person. Yes, episode 4 was hard to watch, but mostly because it leaves you wondering what kind of moron would not see exactly what was going on and why would anyone put themselves in that situation repeatedly? I actually thought the last episode was much harder to watch.

This is a show I think will have people hating it or loving it. I would not give it a 9. I thought Gadd did a pretty good job acting, and Jessica Gunning was superb as his stalker. She is going to win an award of some kind I think. Nava Mau seemed a bit amateurish. I admit it was a more original story than most Netlfix stuff these days.
Think they did a pretty good job explaining episode 4 - he was groomed. Now, I have no idea why any rational person would do that, but someone who is seeking out fame and wants it no matter the cost....I could see it.
Jessica Gunning was absolutely amazing. Nava Mau - that character threw me off at first :oops:

Also, maybe part of my scoring was the fact it was so out of left field for what I was expecting (based on the quick preview it gave). I ended up watching it in 2 days, which typically I'm horrible at sitting down and actually watching a series.

Creeper

Reaction score
Think they did a pretty good job explaining episode 4 - he was groomed. Now, I have no idea why any rational person would do that, but someone who is seeking out fame and wants it no matter the cost....I could see it.
Jessica Gunning was absolutely amazing. Nava Mau - that character threw me off at first :oops:

Also, maybe part of my scoring was the fact it was so out of left field for what I was expecting (based on the quick preview it gave). I ended up watching it in 2 days, which typically I'm horrible at sitting down and actually watching a series.
I get it. But the last episode had me wondering if any of this actually happened or if he made all or most of it up. I conclusion is if it really happened then he is a messed up as his alleged stalker, maybe more so. Why wasn't he in therapy?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Finished Shogun an I really enjoyed it. I never watched the original series nor read the book, but I thought the story was engaging & it was filmed well with solid acting.
It is interesting. I think the original version held truer to the book with one exception.
The book focused a good deal more on Toranaga. The original series focused more on Blackthorne.
The new Series did a good job of putting more focus on Toranaga.

With that said...This newer version left off a major part where Toranaga sent blackthorne to prison for a short time to keep him away from Ishido. While in prison he met a franciscan friar who helped teach him some japanese but also told him about the black ship and how the Jesuits made so much money trading from japan, china and Portugal.

The book and original series also showed how much Blackthorne and Mariko grew to love each other. They kind of barely touched on it in the new series.

In the book and original series Blackthorne, through Mariko's translation, Tells how the Catholics through the pope helped divide portions of the world under different countries control and that they considered Japan their property to Mariko and Toranagas shock and dismay.

Finally there was a huge difference in my opinion between the book and original series vs the new series and I really do not know why they changed it....

In the original and the book...Toranaga and Ishido armies did fight each other. Toranaga won the battle and Ishido's body was buried with only his head and neck above ground and people were invited to cut his neck with a bamboo straw and Ishido died as an old man. The old man line played into it as earlier in the book someone told a prophecy that Ishido would die an old man leading the reader to think that he would win.

Can you tell I am a huge fan of the book and original series lol

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Gonna be honest, thought the Fallout season 1 was god awful and I am shocked at the praise it's getting. Having played Fallout since the beginning, I in no way understand how anyone thinks it represents the game well. Fallout since it's inception has always been about a post post apocalyptic world where humans are trying to rebuild but shadow factions, in-fighting, and war between groups keep it from happening. It also draws from the 50s "Sky is falling" era of hysteria and plays on those fears - it's why introducing aliens into Fallout 3 never felt out of place or having a syndicate uprising. It has always been pulpy science fiction. But at it's core, Fallout has always been a lone wanderer tale with the wasteland/atmosphere being the secondary character and your companions being a choice to tag along for gameplay purposes.

What we got in the show was surface level - over-the-top gore, forced MCU-like one liners, and even the injection of freakin' meta humor because apparently millennials still think that is, in general, what makes screen writing clever. This isn't even getting into the unnecessary retcons. I don't know, maybe I'm just becoming an old man in my mid-30s and I'm out of touch with what is hip and cool.

If you want something that resembles Fallout (it actually inspired it) just watch A Boy and His Dog.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Star Trek: Discovery S5

Still a big fan, but I really wish they'd stop having their emotional discussions every time they need to do something in a hurry.

"Hurry! We need to get to that place immediately!"

"Okay, but not before we have a heart to heart chat about how you changed my life..."

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Gonna be honest, thought the Fallout season 1 was god awful and I am shocked at the praise it's getting. Having played Fallout since the beginning, I in no way understand how anyone thinks it represents the game well. Fallout since it's inception has always been about a post post apocalyptic world where humans are trying to rebuild but shadow factions, in-fighting, and war between groups keep it from happening. It also draws from the 50s "Sky is falling" era of hysteria and plays on those fears - it's why introducing aliens into Fallout 3 never felt out of place or having a syndicate uprising. It has always been pulpy science fiction. But at it's core, Fallout has always been a lone wanderer tale with the wasteland/atmosphere being the secondary character and your companions being a choice to tag along for gameplay purposes.

What we got in the show was surface level - over-the-top gore, forced MCU-like one liners, and even the injection of freakin' meta humor because apparently millennials still think that is, in general, what makes screen writing clever. This isn't even getting into the unnecessary retcons. I don't know, maybe I'm just becoming an old man in my mid-30s and I'm out of touch with what is hip and cool.

If you want something that resembles Fallout (it actually inspired it) just watch A Boy and His Dog.
I never played the game so can't speak to how it compares. "A Boy and His Dog" is one of my favorite cult movies, since watching it in college back in the 80's (yeah, squarely in my old man phase) and liked the nod in the series with that "Man and his Dog" movie poster in the background.

Creeper

Reaction score

I never played or saw the game. My first reaction watching the series was the goofy characters didn't fit. Once I realized and accepted what the series was supposed to be I like it for its entertainment value. I wonder what it would have been like if they gave it a more "Last of US" feel.

Creeper

Reaction score

Still a big fan, but I really wish they'd stop having their emotional discussions every time they need to do something in a hurry.

"Okay, but not before we have a heart to heart chat about how you changed my life..."
Lots of shows do that. And it is annoying. A monster that wants to eat us is a few steps behind me, but let's take a few minutes to hug it out before we run for our lives. It is so comical.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Finished Shogun an I really enjoyed it. I never watched the original series nor read the book, but I thought the story was engaging & it was filmed well with solid acting.
Definitely my favorite new show of the year thus far. Appreciate the ‘one and done’ solo season storyline to it as well. More shows should try that.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Sonequa Martin-Green is usually in those scenes. Honestly, I keep repeating to myself just how gorgeous she is that I sometimes space out and the next scene change doesn't register with me right away.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sonequa Martin-Green is usually in those scenes. Honestly, I keep repeating to myself just how gorgeous she is that I sometimes space out and the next scene change doesn't register with me right away.
She's in almost every scene. Maybe this is why there should be no female captains in the Federation.

A bigger issue for me, is that she seems to be able to do everyone's job better than they can. No other Star Trek captain was so against delegating.

These aren't big enough issues to stop me from watching the show, but I probably will never repeat watch it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
She's in almost every scene. Maybe this is why there should be no female captains in the Federation.

A bigger issue for me, is that she seems to be able to do everyone's job better than they can. No other Star Trek captain was so against delegating.

These aren't big enough issues to stop me from watching the show, but I probably will never repeat watch it.
Kate Mulgrew's Janeway may be the closest comparison to Martin-Green's Burnham as far as character biography is concerned. In my opinion, Mulgrew was not seen on-screen in Star Trek: Voyager as often as Martin-Green, even though I would say both had nearly the same screen runtime overall.

Janeway was a science nerd at the Academy. She had academic specialties across several fields. Burnham followed a similar academic path, spending her entire life in Vulcan schools and ending with the Vulcan Science Academy. Add the harsh discipline of logic atop that for Burnham.

Their character buildups are almost distinctive from their fellow series starship captains. Kirk and Pike are very similar, although Pike is more laid back. Both delegate practically all technical duties. Action is where they want to be.

It is kinda unfair comparing Archer hands on application. He led his crew into frontier when it was REALLY the frontier. He delegated out of pure necessity and never got inside anyone's space for situations he was not knowledgeable. Heck. Everything was brand new for everyone on that ship, regardless of their individual specialty. T'Pol needled other crewpeople occasional but she was the science officer so... lol.

Sisko may have been more hands off than anyone else. He delegated and sat back as Deep Space Nine Commander. He did much of the same as the captain of the Defiant. I think the showrunners built that box for the character due to the enormous responsibility he was mandated to uphold. Make sure to guard the Wormhole. Make sure to maintain stability of Bajor. Make sure to keep the peace with the Cardassians. Make sure to keep Starfleet's most outer command station ready for anything. Make sure to do all that and defend the Federation from The Dominion. Dude had a lot on his plate. Likewise, he needed a lot of help all the time.

Picard was the ultimate delegator. The tone Patrick Stewart set started in Encounter at Farpoint and ended on his self-named series. He was a real manager of people and asked a lot of everyone around him constantly. He demanded the best out of all his crew, even from little Wesley Crusher. :rolleyes::p Picard would assist others but that only usually happened during situations where the crew was stretched too thin.

I can see how too much of Burnham is a turn off. She is surrounded by qualified people 24/7. The show does emphasize their individual strengths and specialties, but her character was created to be Miss Know-It-All from day one. That characteristic was laid in The Vulcan Hello episode and the series stuck with it.

It is all positive for me though. This is the final season. I'm soaking in as much Michael Burnham as I can before she is gone. Probably for good. sigh. :(

Those are the main fleet captains for me. I will defer to anyone else whoever the captain is on Star Trek: Lower Decks. Never watched it. Have no plans to ever watch it. I know FAR more about kid captain-in-training Dal (Star Trek: Prodigy) and even Liam Shaw (Star Trek: Picard) than whomever that is. :)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Kate Mulgrew's Janeway may be the closest comparison to Martin-Green's Burnham as far as character biography is concerned. In my opinion, Mulgrew was not seen on-screen in Star Trek: Voyager as often as Martin-Green, even though I would say both had nearly the same screen runtime overall.

Janeway was a science nerd at the Academy. She had academic specialties across several fields. Burnham followed a similar academic path, spending her entire life in Vulcan schools and ending with the Vulcan Science Academy. Add the harsh discipline of logic atop that for Burnham.

Their character buildups are almost distinctive from their fellow series starship captains. Kirk and Pike are very similar, although Pike is more laid back. Both delegate practically all technical duties. Action is where they want to be.

It is kinda unfair comparing Archer hands on application. He led his crew into frontier when it was REALLY the frontier. He delegated out of pure necessity and never got inside anyone's space for situations he was not knowledgeable. Heck. Everything was brand new for everyone on that ship, regardless of their individual specialty. T'Pol needled other crewpeople occasional but she was the science officer so... lol.

Sisko may have been more hands off than anyone else. He delegated and sat back as Deep Space Nine Commander. He did much of the same as the captain of the Defiant. I think the showrunners built that box for the character due to the enormous responsibility he was mandated to uphold. Make sure to guard the Wormhole. Make sure to maintain stability of Bajor. Make sure to keep the peace with the Cardassians. Make sure to keep Starfleet's most outer command station ready for anything. Make sure to do all that and defend the Federation from The Dominion. Dude had a lot on his plate. Likewise, he needed a lot of help all the time.

Picard was the ultimate delegator. The tone Patrick Stewart set started in Encounter at Farpoint and ended on his self-named series. He was a real manager of people and asked a lot of everyone around him constantly. He demanded the best out of all his crew, even from little Wesley Crusher. :rolleyes::p Picard would assist others but that only usually happened during situations where the crew was stretched too thin.

I can see how too much of Burnham is a turn off. She is surrounded by qualified people 24/7. The show does emphasize their individual strengths and specialties, but her character was created to be Miss Know-It-All from day one. That characteristic was laid in The Vulcan Hello episode and the series stuck with it.

It is all positive for me though. This is the final season. I'm soaking in as much Michael Burnham as I can before she is gone. Probably for good. sigh. :(

Those are the main fleet captains for me. I will defer to anyone else whoever the captain is on Star Trek: Lower Decks. Never watched it. Have no plans to ever watch it. I know FAR more about kid captain-in-training Dal (Star Trek: Prodigy) and even Liam Shaw (Star Trek: Picard) than whomever that is. :)
Don't forget Sisko's role as Emissary of the Prophets! He was a busy, busy man!

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Just finished Ozark on Netflix. While the final season (like most series) left much to be desired, it was a fantastic series. Jason Bateman and Laura Linney were incredible in their roles along with fantastic performances by the supporting cast.

I'd recommend it all day long.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just finished Ozark on Netflix. While the final season (like most series) left much to be desired, it was a fantastic series. Jason Bateman and Laura Linney were incredible in their roles along with fantastic performances by the supporting cast.

I'd recommend it all day long.
Loved that show.