Official Underclassmen Declare list

BigBoy63

Reaction score
I watched PJ hill run the ball a couple of weeks ago and the man plays very hard. unfortunately for him we already have 3 great backs.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2563292 said:
DT is going to be a great class next year supposedly

That could be a bonus for us depending on how next season shakes out.

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2563269 said:
hmmmm, the NT from Bama not going to declare? That's interesting.

He's held that stance from the start. When he signed with Alabama he said that if Coach Saban was willing to give him a chance, he would give the coach all of his eligibility.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Good thread idea. Gonna sticky this until all the declarations are done.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
OK, that list has 29 underclassmen on it... of those 29, a dozen will be drafted before the Boys' first pick rolls around (assuming they don't trade up, which I consider unlikely)... there are also 7 players who have to be out of their minds for declaring now, none of them are projected to go before the 5th round...

Of the remaining underclassmen, there are 3 that intrigue me some for the Boys-- S Emanuel Cook from South Carolina, and two DL that I project as 3-4 DEs in the NFL, Ricky Jean-Francois from LSU, and Sen'Derrick Mays from Auburn... at this point, they look like 2nd or 3rd round prospects...

Even though the Boys don't have a 1st round pick, all these underclassmen declaring mean that (at this point), there are a dozen players who might have been rated higher who could fall to the Boys in the 2nd round... there will almost certainly be a few more underclassman blue-chippers who will declare, knocking even more talent down into the Cowboys' range...

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
The Following Prospects Have Renounced the Remainder of Their College Eligibility to Go Pro and Declare for the 2009 NFL Draft.

Player Position College Class

Chris Baker DT Hampton JR
Kenny Britt WR Rutgers JR
Eben Britton OT Arizona JR
Donald Brown RB Connecticut JR
Everette Brown DE Florida St. JR
James Casey TE Rice SO
Glen Coffee RB Alabama JR
Austin Collie WR BYU JR
Emanuel Cook S South Carolina JR
Jared Cook TE South Carolina JR
Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech SO
Andrew Davie TE Arkansas JR
Vontae Davis CB Illinois JR
Josh Freeman QB Kansas St. JR
Shonn Greene RB Iowa JR
Darrius Heyward-Bey WR Maryland JR
P.J. Hill RB Wisconsin JR
Greg Isdaner OG West Virginia JR
Ricky Jean-Francois DT L.S.U. JR
Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri SO
Sen'Derrick Marks DT Auburn JR
Aaron Maybin DE Penn St. SO
LeSean McCoy RB Pittsburgh JR
Gerald McRath OLB Southern Miss JR
D.J. Moore CB Vanderbilt JR
Knowshon Moreno RB Georgia SO
Captain Munnerlyn CB South Carolina JR
Hakeem Nicks WR North Carolina JR
Kevin Ogletree WR Virginia JR
Jerraud Powers CB Auburn JR
Andre Smith OT Alabama JR
Matthew Stafford QB Georgia JR
Chris Wells RB Ohio St. JR
James Williams CB Southern Connecticut JR

irvin4evs

Benched
Reaction score
BigBoy63;2563163 said:
I watched PJ hill run the ball a couple of weeks ago and the man plays very hard. unfortunately for him we already have 3 great backs.

PJ Hill is really bad. He's the 3rd best RB on his own team and he knows it. He isn't declaring because he thinks he'll get drafted. I go to Wisconsin, so trust me when I say this: PJ Hill is Troy Hambrick. Almost identical.

John Clay and Zach Brown, on the other hand, can both play in the NFL IMO. Those guys are great runners.

Anyway, I'm pumped to see both Maurice Evans and Aaron Maybin on the list. I really really really want us to land an ILB and a passrushing OLB in this draft, and the more that declare, the better the chances of that happening.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
we should find out if Ole Miss DE Greg Hardy is declaring by tomorrow, when he's supposed to meet with Houston Nutt to talk about his future

Encore

Never Enough
Reaction score
Oklahoma QB Bradford to return for junior season
NORMAN, OKLAHOMA (TICKER) —Projected as a possible top pick in this year’s NFL draft, Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford announced Wednesday that he will return to the Sooners next season.

Although just a sophomore, the 21-year-old Bradford was regarded by many scouts as the most NFL-ready quarterback had he entered the draft.

The Oklahoma City native paced the Football Bowl Subdivision this past season with 50 touchdowns while passing for 4,721 yards - the third-best mark in the FBS.

“After looking at all the information and weighing the pros and cons of both, I think that it is in my best interests to come back to Oklahoma for my junior season,” he said during a news conference.

Bradford led an offense that scored an NCAA-record 702 points while becoming the first team in 89 years to record 60 or more points in five straight games.

The Sooners routed Missouri, 62-21, in the Big 12 Conference championship game to win their third straight league title.

However, Bradford was held in check by Florida in the BCS title game, passing for only 256 yards and throwing two interceptions in the Sooners’ 24-14 loss.

Overall, Wednesday was a good day for Oklahoma fans still reeling from the Sooners’ loss to Florida.

Earlier in the day, Sooners junior offensive tackle Trent Williams also announced that he would be back next season.

The 6-5, 308-pound Williams told ESPN.com that he was influenced by the defeat to Florida.

“I just want to win,” he said. “I have been left with a sour taste in my mouth. Not a lot of people win a championship and I want to win a championship. I also promised my mom I would graduate. And I think I can improve my draft stock.”

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
what do you guys think of Ohio State WR Brian Hartline? he declared for the draft today

everytime I saw a OSU game, he impressed me with his speed, and no, he's not Wes Welker part 2

dmoore

Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2576260 said:
what do you guys think of Ohio State WR Brian Hartline? he declared for the draft today

everytime I saw a OSU game, he impressed me with his speed, and no, he's not Wes Welker part 2

I didn't really like any of OSU's WRs. None are very impressive, and the talent at the position there isn't the same as it was just a couple of years ago. I guess we'll get a better idea of what the WR class looks like at the combine, but I think it'll be a real good one. Hartline just isn't a guy I'm going to be keeping an eye on, unless he puts up great numbers.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
iRoot4Losers;2576260 said:

should have stayed in school

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
dbair1967;2579539 said:
is there a final list out of the underclassmen who declared?

From ESPN:

Asher Allen CB 5-11 198 Georgia
Chris Baker DT 6-2 298 Hampton
Kenny Britt WR 6-4 215 Rutgers
Eben Britton OT 6-5½ 310 Arizona
Donald Brown RB 5-10 210 Connecticut
Everette Brown DE 6-4 252 Florida State
James Casey TE 6-4 245 Rice
Jeremy Childs WR 6-0 196 Boise State
Glen Coffee RB 6-1 198 Alabama
Austin Collie WR 6-2 206 BYU
Emanuel Cook S 5-10 203 South Carolina