Official: Wild Card Game: 49ers at Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
You have seriously devolved into a horrible poster. You used to be halfway decent and now youre just a shock jock posting the most idiotic hot takes you can. Yeah im sure hes gonna look like Montana against our top 5 defense. Smh youre ridiculous.
This defense isn’t really too 5 considering they couldn’t stop the mobile Kyler Murray. The defense doesn’t match up well against speed. That’s what the 49ers ARE. They aren’t really great but they can beat you on the group if the playmakers like Kittle or Deebo are given the ball.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
So this broke a couple ways to me. I think our first round matchup is slightly and I mean slightly easier.

But a win we have to go face Brady.

Also though GB will most likely have to face rams or cards and I could see them losing to either. Unless Philly pulls the upset
I don't think philly is a really good team but they can run the ball and GB can't stop the run. Any team that runs the ball well can upset GB

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I don't blame them. Make a really good profit on the visiting fans and go watch the game somewhere better than that stadium.
I 100% blame them. This team has struggled for years to make the playoffs, they need to man up and make that place a home field advantage.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Listen of the 3 potential matchups (rams cards 49ers) this is the one I’d have preferred but in no way shape or form will this be easy, 49ers are well coached and will exploit or try to exploit us again and again at our weaknesses. I’m worried about containing the run and stopping them tbh.

It’s gonna be a very tough game but also winnable.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Thoughts?

We have to get out early and stop their wide receivers. Especially that one that looks like a tight end out there. In a nutshell we have to play up to them and beyond. We can' let them intimidate us and be more physical. I think we can win it if we get out to a good lead early. That'll slow their running game up. I hope.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Concerns
  • Shanahan's rushing attack scares me, especially against us (IMO, we're weak on the interior).
  • Deebo's physicality against Diggs
  • 49ers fans travel well

Excited about
  • Our opportunistic defense against Jimmy G. if he has to throw a lot
  • Their Corners are bad, real bad
  • Ducking Lambeau Field until the NFCCG

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think some people watch different teams.. I absolutely want SF over Cards.. They won less games because they are less consistent.. they have swirled around the QB issues because their starter is not that great.. they have an awesome run game but it is a power game and relies on crossing slants. They have been poor in the RZ. I like how our D would stack up against that.. I think we are likely to get a pick or 2.. and Jimmy G will be sacked more than once. The key will be stopping the ground game early and also relies on our offence putting scoreboard pressure on.

If our offence can't put up points against this D then we weren't going to win a play off anyway. They are good in the middle but their corners are weak. Cooper and Lamb and Wilson should be able to break free for some long plays.

The biggest thing is Moore establishing a run game early.. even if not for a heap of yards.. he needs to show that he is prepared to run it to give the guys on the outside a chance for bigger plays. We need to wear down the D and bring those safeties up.

SF aren't going to 'blow' up and force you to panic.. they play a very set style. This suits us.

I know a lot here wanted the Cards.. but we struggle against mobile QBs.. we weren't even close against them 2 weeks ago.. late quarter stat stuffing aside.. we were dominated from start to finish. No way I wanted to see that first up.
I'm with you on the first part. The '9ers play one strong half and everyone's in a panic. Did they forget they fell behind 17-0 i the game, and weren't anything special this season overall?

But we were behind ARI by 3 points with 5 minutes left. That is not stat stuffing. That is a close game.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This defense isn’t really too 5 considering they couldn’t stop the mobile Kyler Murray. The defense doesn’t match up well against speed. That’s what the 49ers ARE. They aren’t really great but they can beat you on the group if the playmakers like Kittle or Deebo are given the ball.

The cardinals scored all of 25 points. More often than not youre not gonna hold an offense like that to less than 20. But okay we'll see how this goes and if the ghost of Joe Montana shows up next week or not :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.