Officials fear 'complete doomsday scenario' for drought-stricken Colorado River

nobody

Reaction score
Speaking for those in Arizona I can tell you: the vast majority of yards here aren't grass, but rock and arid-friendly plants.
I really meant Vegas and In Cali, specifically the Lancaster area

triplets_93

Reaction score
States dependent on Colorado River required to conserve unprecedented amount of water in landmark deal

States will be required to conserve 3 million-acre-feet of water through 2026.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/states-de...nserve-unprecedented-amount/story?id=99509575

The three Colorado River lower basin states -- California, Nevada and Arizona -- will be required to conserve an unprecedented 3 million-acre-feet of water through 2026, the White House announced in a press release Monday.

T-RO

Reaction score
California' reservoirs are now all maxed, and there's the re-formed Lake Tulare that's already the size of the Bay, and will double in size in a month.

So Cal ought to be able to re-route a lot of that excess water...for a couple of years.

I have a very good friend who owns a lot of central Cal farm land and his opinion is the state would rather flex draconian control than build reasonable systems to better capture and store water.

Lake Mead and Lake Powel are surging up big time, from historic lows. But always an open question how things will turn in the future. Only seems sensible to employ both conservation and better water retention efforts.