Officials have to get better

T-NMan-41

Reaction score
:espn: :espn:
What the heck is going on with the officiating? There were so manying holding calls that were not called against the beagles offence on each drive you would have thought they were trying to give the game to Philly. Don't even talk about the bogus pass interference on Henry when he was held and damm near had his jersey pulled off. Something has to be done to get this right.. maybe they have to add more refs to give better field coverage..

khiladi

Reaction score
And the Patriots offensive line never held like crazy last year?

FCBarca

Reaction score
It's the big reason why watching professional sports gets harder and harder for me....Soooo much is determined by the refs that it feels largely staged

fortdick

Reaction score
I agree, that was a poorly officiated game. almost as bad as San Diego.

I wonder what Gibbs would do?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Every game Ive watch this year the refs have been awful. Missing holding calls in one thing, its the PI, facemasks and other big plays that really kill a team and decide the outcome of games.

Reaction score
Doomsday;2264742 said:
Every game Ive watch this year the refs have been awful. Missing holding calls in one thing, its the PI, facemasks and other big plays that really kill a team and decide the outcome of games.

I wouldn't dismiss holding calls, in fact that is where the officiating needs closer monitoring IMO. They can get away with calling several holding calls on one team (because there is holding on every play) and ignoring the holds of the other team. They killed a couple of Cowboy drives last night and a few drives in the last year's playoff game as well...

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The officiating - right from pre-season on - has been AWFUL this year.

Boysboy

Reaction score
EGG;2265253 said:
I wouldn't dismiss holding calls, in fact that is where the officiating needs closer monitoring IMO. They can get away with calling several holding calls on one team (because there is holding on every play) and ignoring the holds of the other team. They killed a couple of Cowboy drives last night and a few drives in the last year's playoff game as well...

I know Proctor's hold was legit, but Philly's OL was using the SAME technique and there were NO flags against them.

zack

Reaction score
There is holding on every play, agreed. But, when someone can get out of the pocket, or hit he corner of the endzone without effort, that has to be called. A lot of the scrambles that Donovan had, there was blatant holding. Even on the that long TD that didn't happen, I believe that there was a major hold up the middle.