Officiating article

aria

Reaction score

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Saw this today, and we think we’ve been the victim of a bad PI call? Anyways, the article makes several good points of how officiating is getting out of control. Something really needs to be done about this, the officials (along with the new NFL rules) have ruined the game to the point it’s almost unwatchable.

https://sports.yahoo.com/biggest-bl...ing-new-pass-interference-rule-065812051.html

Yep, haven't watched near as many games this year as I usually do. Its getting where you almost expect to see a flag every play.

shabazz

Reaction score
I'm getting tired of most of the calls going our way

nobody

Reaction score
All it's doing is making it look like games are being decided by the refs. They're on a power trip and the NFL is doing nothing to stop it.

Pape

Reaction score
The refs are letting everyone know that they aren't going to overturn a call unless it's an egregious foul. See rams/saints for reference.

aria

Reaction score
The refs are letting everyone know that they aren't going to overturn a call unless it's an egregious foul. See rams/saints for reference.
Agreed but outside of the Saints game I don’t know how much more egregious it can get than the example above. That’s the worse I’ve seen all year.

Pape

Reaction score
Agreed but outside of the Saints game I don’t know how much more egregious it can get than the example above. That’s the worse I’ve seen all year.
Agreed, the most egregious case of Offensive Pass Interference I've ever seen. The Gnats should have been flagged and the wr fined

Flamma

Reaction score
That link was just about a flag that wasn't thrown. I just can't stand the myriad of ticky tack flags that are thrown all game. They need to stop that. Even the play the link refers to is mild IMO.