Offseason moves

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We keep saying the same thing while the offense remains one dimensional and that draftee learning curve takes time. You can still draft a back, but thinking that guy will be good enough year 1 in January is very wishful thinking.
81. Tyjae Spears
84. De'Von Achane

That was last year's draft. Cowboys pick at 88 this year. I'd easily plug either one in day one. Get a vet to go with Rico and your set.

The offense remains one dimensional because of the HC. Draftees at RB have the shortest learning curve of any position.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
So do absolutely nothing? Or is their season over already. Or just pretend Prescott will put the team on his shoulders next year. The backs have not done this team any favors, broken tackles, run after contact, long runs. Cant just blame the run scheme. It’s been a one dimensional mess.

again that wasn’t aggressive. That was them sitting on their hands until the options were minimal. Nice moves yes, but thinking that is enough for a quality offseason is not even close. How is it lame to base the success of your offseason with the success of your season. Thats how this works and they didn’t do enough. Were you not watching last week?
Proven oline fixer and 2 new, hungry backs. We need defensive difference makers more than we need Henry.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So do absolutely nothing? Or is their season over already. Or just pretend Prescott will put the team on his shoulders next year. The backs have not done this team any favors, broken tackles, run after contact, long runs. Cant just blame the run scheme. It’s been a one dimensional mess.

again that wasn’t aggressive. That was them sitting on their hands until the options were minimal. Nice moves yes, but thinking that is enough for a quality offseason is not even close. How is it lame to base the success of your offseason with the success of your season. Thats how this works and they didn’t do enough. Were you not watching last week?
Not everything caused our "early exit". Dak gifting a pick-six and another near pick-six caused our early exit.

Big_D

Reaction score
81. Tyjae Spears
84. De'Von Achane

That was last year's draft. Cowboys pick at 88 this year. I'd easily plug either one in day one. Get a vet to go with Rico and your set.

The offense remains one dimensional because of the HC. Draftees at RB have the shortest learning curve of any position.
Both of those guys are number 2 backs. And I’m certainly not going to put dowdle in the same category as Henry or Mostert. Legit 1s on the depth chart. That exact scenario puts all the pressure on the QB.

Big_D

Reaction score
Not everything caused our "early exit". Dak gifting a pick-six and another near pick-six caused our early exit.
If there wasn’t a pathetic playoff collapse 3 years in a row I could understand your point. But even after 2 playoff losses to SF thinking Gilmore and cooks is “aggressive” is laughable.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If there wasn’t a pathetic playoff collapse 3 years in a row I could understand your point. But even after 2 playoff losses to SF thinking Gilmore and cooks is “aggressive” is laughable.
You have made your point. We disagree. Now move on.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
This is the crossroads. Jerry and little Enos need to bring some excitement and splash signings. They certainly can’t handle free agency in their usual manner. This should be a very interesting offseason.

I’ll keep saying it until he’s playing somewhere else, but Henry would go a long way in not only helping a one dimensional offense, but also bringing that excitement and getting fans to buy back in.

That packer loss was ugly enough where we might see a team take 24 a little more serious in comparison to sitting on their hands every year trying to save money. That ship has sailed. They can’t think staying the same course is still going to pay off?
make dak post first June cut. take the cap hit. play out the CD and Parsons contracts. go with Lance. he gets two years, if he looks good and shows a little, then you resign CD and Parsons. else you move on. you accumulate draft picks and go lottery. hope you hit it. it may take a decade to find the next QB, but that's the choice.

and I don't think this team will ever succeed under Jerry Jones. 30 years. prove me wrong.

Big_D

Reaction score
make dak post first June cut. take the cap hit. play out the CD and Parsons contracts. go with Lance. he gets two years, if he looks good and shows a little, then you resign CD and Parsons. else you move on. you accumulate draft picks and go lottery. hope you hit it. it may take a decade to find the next QB, but that's the choice.

and I don't think this team will ever succeed under Jerry Jones. 30 years. prove me wrong.
The problem is we all know Dak will be back. If that’s the plan from the front office then the RB situation needs a huge upgrade. Gotta take the ball out of the QBs hands in key situations.

I’m in full agreement about Jerry btw but also know that we will still be watching when the season kicks off. If there is a glimmer of hope, it will be from taking the pressure off the QB and having a rushing attack that can move the chains, burn the clock. Keep defenses honest, break long runs, run defenders over etc etc. the time for pretending otherwise is over.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hire a zone blocking OL coach
Running game instantly fixed.
Find a QB who can back LBs off and throw accurate passes in the 10-15 yd range in traffic.
Can McCarthy the first time we have over 6 penalties in a game.

All Fixed

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The problem is we all know Dak will be back. If that’s the plan from the front office then the RB situation needs a huge upgrade. Gotta take the ball out of the QBs hands in key situations.

I’m in full agreement about Jerry btw but also know that we will still be watching when the season kicks off. If there is a glimmer of hope, it will be from taking the pressure off the QB and having a rushing attack that can move the chains, burn the clock. Keep defenses honest, break long runs, run defenders over etc etc. the time for pretending otherwise is over.
the problem is that Jerry is a great salesman. he will sign a couple of players to make noise. he will make token moves. he will talk big. and we are back where we are.....he has done it for 30 years. what's going to change? what's going to make him change? 30 years. shows nothing for it. bottom 3 in the league in performance over the past 30 years, yet he build the most valuable franchise in any sport, anywhere. the cowboys had 10 of the top 50 TV ratings of any program this year. ANY PROGRAM. so why should jerry change?

yeah, he will resign Dak, he sees no choice. yeah he will bring back McCarthy, he owes him 5 million. if he fires him he also has to fire all the other coaches and it will cost him at least 15M. he ain't taking that loss. just watch for a couple of big name signings this off season. and we have minimal draft picks. 2023 was a lost draft year pretty much.

this is going to continue for the next 10 years.