Offseason Question: Will Greg Ellis Be Traded This Upcoming Draft?

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
I was wondering because I didn't hear nothing about him signing a new deal or anything.. What's going on with the situation? Could Ellis be traded Draft day?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
I was wondering because I didn't hear nothing about him signing a new deal or anything.. What's going on with the situation? Could Ellis be traded Draft day?

I don't think that will happen and there is no need for a new deal considering he is still under contract for this coming season.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
RealCowboyfan said:
Highly unlikely.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
aznhalf said:
Don't think it'll happen after paying his bonus.
I hope to goodness it happens. We need to send the final fork into the 4-3 personell, and as much as I like Ellis's character, he is our best trading commodity right now that we can do without.

I know some are going to say, who's going to get us our 8 sacks on the opposite side, and my answer is James/Ayodele/Drafted OLB collectively.

They will bring us 15 collectively. We can get a third straight up for him, but if somieone like "Denver" who is hurting for sacks, gets desperate, they could give up a 2nd.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
I hope to goodness it happens. We need to send the final fork into the 4-3 personell, and as much as I like Ellis's character, he is our best trading commodity right now that we can do without.

I know some are going to say, who's going to get us our 8 sacks on the opposite side, and my answer is James/Ayodele/Drafted OLB collectively.

They will bring us 15 collectively. We can get a third straight up for him, but if somieone like "Denver" who is hurting for sacks, gets desperate, they could give up a 2nd.

Who is your edge rusher besides Ware in the nickel? Ellis still has a role.

Vertigo_17

Reaction score
why would we trade him? He's solid (not spectacular) and has a very cap friendly number.

InDakWeTrust

DezBRomo9
Reaction score
junk said:

Thornton, Ayodele and Ogubagu have all played DE either in college or in the pros....

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
junk said:
Lawson/Carpenter/Gocong, take your pick. These guys all put their hand on the ground and rushed the passer in College. Aidios Ellis!

silver

Reaction score
dont think so. the boys value him more than the rest of the league. we could get a 3rd rounder at the most which will add very little this season if at all.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Why would you draft a first round rookie to replace a veteran, doing the same job with less experience, and pay him more money for him (first round money)?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
Lawson/Carpenter/Gocong, take your pick. These guys all put their hand on the ground and rushed the passer in College. Aidios Ellis!

Each may do good in the NFL after all Ellis put up very good numbers in college just as well on the other hand Ellis has experiance and even if Dallas drafts one of these guys there is still a need for Ellis and his vet leadership.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
joshjwc9 said:
Thornton, Ayodele and Ogubagu have all played DE either in college or in the pros....

:lmao2: Don't you want someone who is good at it?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Seems like a real possibility, but I'd definitely put the odds against it.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
joshjwc9 said:

You didnt seriously just say Thornton and Ogubagu did you LOL

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:

:rolleyes:

Sometimes people just don't think things through.

So they rushed the passer in college. How do we know any one of them won't be the next Shante Carver?

What about 3-4 DE depth? If Canty or Spears go down, do you feel comfortable with Ratliff or Strong Dog starting for an extended period? I don't.

Ellis is cheap. You could maybe get a 4th or 5th for him. Why trade him? You can't replace him for cost and reimbursement.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RealCowboyfan said:
Offseason Question: Will Greg Ellis Be Traded This Upcoming Draft?
Possible but doubtful.

We get into our preseason schedule and he starts making waves or we look overloaded along the DL he could possibly be traded then.