Offseason that would be great for this team 2020

Xavier187

Reaction score
Start off by resigning
WR Amari Cooper
QB Dak Prescott
WR Randell Cobb
DE Hyder
DE Robert Quinn or FA Dante Fowler (we have seen what speed off the edge does for this team. One of these guys would be ideal)

FA sign
WR/TE Dez Bryant
S HaHa Clinton-Dix
DT Hargrove
LB Blake Martinez
C/G Conner McGovern
DT A'Shawn Robinson
TE Eric Ebron

Draft trade
Dallas trades pick 17 &a 4th round pick plus a future 4th rounder to the Jags for picks 20 & 42
Draft
17. Kriston Fulton CB LSU
42. Xavier McKinney S Alabama
51. Cole Kmet TE Notre Dame
3rd round
Calvin Throckmartin OT/OG/C Oregon
5th round
Pick 1 Reggie Robinson CB Tulsa
Pick 2 Micheal Divinity LB LSU
trade
7th rounder Dallas and 6th rounder dallas to the Chargers for there early 6th rounder
Rodrigo Blankenship K Georgia

This would be a heck of an offseason for Dallas

Xavier187

Reaction score
It’s creative for sure.

Forget Dez.
I think Dez if he can accept a role as redzone or emerrgancy player not number 1. He would be ok. My only concern is if he doesnt under stand that.

Ebron and Kmet would be great adds
I dont see Jarwin wanting to stay. Its just a hunch, i think he has eyes on another team.
Ebron on the other hand I think we could get him cheap around 4 to 5 million . And Kmet we could teach and he would be a solid number 2. He is a solid blocker

Oneiros

Reaction score
If McKinney somehow lasted to the 2nd and Kmet to the 3rd I'd be thrilled.

Would rather address the DL in the 1st.

And no thanks on Ha-Ha. There's plenty of better FA S's if we're addressing it this way.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Like some of the players, individually, but this team would be worse than this year's. There are mild upgrades at S and TE but no other group is improved.

Sydla

Reaction score
I think Dez if he can accept a role as redzone or emerrgancy player not number 1. He would be ok. My only concern is if he doesnt under stand that.

Ebron and Kmet would be great adds
I dont see Jarwin wanting to stay. Its just a hunch, i think he has eyes on another team.
Ebron on the other hand I think we could get him cheap around 4 to 5 million . And Kmet we could teach and he would be a solid number 2. He is a solid blocker

Turn the page. New staff, new direction.

Dez offers little to this team.

Sydla

Reaction score
Like some of the players, individually, but this team would be worse than this year's. There are mild upgrades at S and TE but no other group is improved.

Mild upgrades? Dix and McKinney would be mild upgrades at safety?

I am not an Ebron guy so I don’t need him. But adding Kmet to go with Jarwin would be a pretty big upgrade IMO.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Mild upgrades? Dix and McKinney would be mild upgrades at safety?

Kmet and Enron would be mild upgrades at TE?
Yes. None of them are special enough to make much noticeable impact compared to the guys they're replacing on gameday.

Dix gives you almost nothing that Heath doesn't. Ebron gives you almost nothing that Jarwin doesn't.

Sydla

Reaction score
Yes. None of them are special enough to make much noticeable impact compared to the guys they're replacing on gameday.

Dix gives you almost nothing that Heath doesn't. Ebron gives you almost nothing that Jarwin doesn't.

You are one of the few people in this world that thinks Jeff Heath is as good as Dix.

I agree with Ebron versus Jarwin but I was factoring in adding Kmet, who might be the best TE in the draft.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
You are one of the few people in this world that thinks Jeff Heath is as good as Dix.

I agree with Ebron versus Jarwin but I was factoring in adding Kmet, who might be the best TE in the draft.
I didn't say he's as good as Dix. Never, not once. What I said was that he doesn't have any impact on games that Heath doesn't. There's only 3 types of player at SS - playmaker, average, and poor - and the vast majority of starters in the league fall in that middle category. They're both average, and it's a non-impact position, so there's no real upgrade to your defense.

I don't care if he's the best TE in the draft (that's not really saying much, anyway). The #2 TE on a team that's primarily in 11 personnel isn't a difference maker, especially with Kmet's skillset.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Connor McGovern is already signed. He's not a FA
He's talking about the other one, from the Broncos.

He's trying to own the market on Connor McGoverns

USATSI_10377901_164063748_lowres-696x495.jpg

Connor-McGovern.jpg

baltcowboy

Reaction score
If McKinney somehow lasted to the 2nd and Kmet to the 3rd I'd be thrilled.

Would rather address the DL in the 1st.

And no thanks on Ha-Ha. There's plenty of better FA S's if we're addressing it this way.
Yeah both McKinney and Kmet will probably first round picks after the combine.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
You can't be serious?
Give Jarwin 80 targets and he'd have the exact same numbers.

Have people just forgotten that Eric Ebron can't actually catch the ball? His drop rate is worse than Gallup and Cobb. Beyond that, he's not such a better athlete than Jarwin that he opens up the offense to anything different...so what's the poitn?

Sydla

Reaction score
I didn't say he's as good as Dix. Never, not once. What I said was that he doesn't have any impact on games that Heath doesn't. There's only 3 types of player at SS - playmaker, average, and poor - and the vast majority of starters in the league fall in that middle category. They're both average, and it's a non-impact position, so there's no real upgrade to your defense.

I don't care if he's the best TE in the draft (that's not really saying much, anyway). The #2 TE on a team that's primarily in 11 personnel isn't a difference maker, especially with Kmet's skillset.

What's Kmet's skill set?

And if Heath is an "average" SS, then Dix is well above him.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
What's Kmet's skill set?

And if Heath is an "average" SS, then Dix is well above him.
Kyle Rudolph. He's too slow to be a downfield threat.

But Dix is still average. The gameday difference between the two is negligible. It's not like a defense has to gameplan around Dix.