Offseason wish list

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
We are pretty good on offense. Some question marks with injuries but if Dak and Blake come back healthy our offense is pretty set. Oline will get back 2 pro bowlers in Martin and Collins and Smith another will be back too but I have little faith he can get though a season healthy but I do like Knight a lot and our depth at guard is good. Factor in Biadasz at center and a mid-late round pick and we are pretty solid on the offensive side of the ball.

Defense is where our focus should be. We need to solidify the middle of this defense. Jaylon should not be the MLB. I would have no problem spending the first two picks of our draft to move up and select the MLB from Penn State. add a beefy nose in the 3rd and I'd be more than happy. Unless we can get Aldon back on a reasonable deal I would focus more on resigning Gregory and let Chido, Lewis and Wilson walk unless we can get Lewis back on a reasonable deal. Obviously safety is a need but I always liked Wilson who is 100% a starter next year. Not sure why that's even been debated here.

1LoyalCowboyFan

Reaction score
I think Smith is not come back. He’s a smart family man and I can see him hanging it up. He doesn’t need more money and I bet he won’t risk his back. I’d be shocked if he comes back. I understand he’s been smart with his money.

Yup LB, Defensive line, DB’s so all of it lol
Agreed the Jaylon signing was ill conceived
get rid of as much as you can on defense.
Wilson should not be the starter if there are better options.
I want to keep Aldon.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think Smith is not come back. He’s a smart family man and I can see him hanging it up. He doesn’t need more money and I bet he won’t risk his back. I’d be shocked if he comes back. I understand he’s been smart with his money.

Yup LB, Defensive line, DB’s so all of it lol
Agreed the Jaylon signing was ill conceived
get rid of as much as you can on defense.
Wilson should not be the starter if there are better options.
I want to keep Aldon.
I'd say this about Tyron...if he's not coming back that seems like a decision he should've made by now.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Jaylon is Officially number 2 on my all time list of most hated players to suit up for us behind Roy Williams WR.

It's a shame because his determination to get back from that injury is a great story but he has become an utter nob.

Last edited:

Twin928

Reaction score
We are pretty good on offense. Some question marks with injuries but if Dak and Blake come back healthy our offense is pretty set. Oline will get back 2 pro bowlers in Martin and Collins and Smith another will be back too but I have little faith he can get though a season healthy but I do like Knight a lot and our depth at guard is good. Factor in Biadasz at center and a mid-late round pick and we are pretty solid on the offensive side of the ball.

Defense is where our focus should be. We need to solidify the middle of this defense. Jaylon should not be the MLB. I would have no problem spending the first two picks of our draft to move up and select the MLB from Penn State. add a beefy nose in the 3rd and I'd be more than happy. Unless we can get Aldon back on a reasonable deal I would focus more on resigning Gregory and let Chido, Lewis and Wilson walk unless we can get Lewis back on a reasonable deal. Obviously safety is a need but I always liked Wilson who is 100% a starter next year. Not sure why that's even been debated here.
No replacing Connor weak Williams cuz he has been bullied almost all season long he is weak and a bust idc

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score
Jaylon is Officially number 2 on my all time list of most hated players to suit up for us being Roy Williams WR.

It's a shame because his determination to get back from that injury is a great story but he has become an utter nob.

I really wonder what motivates him to celebrate like that even when we are way down in the score.

wecasa

Reaction score
The defense has to be addressed and it starts with the coach. They come into games woefully unprepared. Its seems to get better as the game progresses. Just seems like they are trying to force square pegs into round holes on this defense. Defensive tackles have to be a priority. Either free agency or through the draft. And not late round projects. Save those for the injury projects they like to have. Grab a safety.

Don't forget that this defense was HISTORICALLY bad for most of the season.

Sydla

Reaction score
Wilson and Diggs seem to be one of the few who actually make plays.

I just want Jaylon Smith cut. ThTs it.

Smith will get the brunt of fans' hate but he's far from the biggest or only issue on this D. They need to do a ton more than just cut Smith. They need to find safeties that can play, remake their DT rotation, find some LBs (it's not just Smith who stunk at LB) and basically overhaul their CB group. And that doesn't even touch on the fact that the biggest issue might be the DC, who Jerry will probably keep.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yes, another All Pro or five.

That'll solve the Jerry problem.

We typically have good players and it doesnt matter.

At least we have a very smart and aware head coach who isnt undermined by the HC in waiting.

dfense

Reaction score
My 2$

Let Aldon walk. Literally gets stoned by average tackles. Takes plays off. Looks slow and uninterested.

Sean Lee, loved him for years, but time is up.
X. Woods - bye
Lewis - bye

Nolan. Scheme should adjust to fit players. Not the other way around. Last in every meaningful category. - bye

Draft
LT
DT maybe 2
MLB. run stuffer type
S
CB