Oglesby signs with Ravens

Spectre

Reaction score
Ravens signed CB Evan Oglesby and waived CB Anwar Phillips.

Oglesby, who was cut by the Cowboys, previously played for Baltimore in 2005 and 2006. Oglesby has been a special teams guy most of his career.

Pottsville Maroons

Reaction score
Good luck to him. I was hoping we would have kept him. I've never liked the Ravens but I wish him well.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Saw that coming. I still don't know why the coaching staff choose to go heavy on O-linemen over DBs. I thought Oglesby showed more potential then some our backup O-linemen.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dueyhemlock;2233820 said:
Saw that coming. I still don't know why the coaching staff choose to go heavy on O-linemen over DBs. I thought Oglesby showed more potential then some our backup O-linemen.
They still went heavy on DBs, they just shuffled the numbers a bit. 5 safeties instead of four...and six corners, instead of seven.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Looks like the last regular season game at Texas Stadium will be a loss.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;2233826 said:
They still went heavy on DBs, they just shuffled the numbers a bit. 5 safeties instead of four...and six corners, instead of seven.

Yet they still kept the flotsam they currently have at the backup O-line positions.

:banghead:

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
stasheroo;2233841 said:
Yet they still kept the flotsam they currently have at the backup O-line positions.

:banghead:
I think that'll change if they bring in another QB next week. They'll have to move one of 'em.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WoodysGirl;2233851 said:
I think that'll change if they bring in another QB next week. They'll have to move one of 'em.

As much as I think Marten deserves to go, I hope that #3 isn't Bollinger.

One stiff for another one won't do much for me.

I would seriously churn the bottom 3 spots of this team's roster.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Always liked him as a player. Was hoping they'd keep him, oh well.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I'm sure the Ravens are glad to have him back, good luck to him.

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
Instead of adding a questionable 3rd string QB, I would rather bring up one of the young WRs from the practice squad until our WR backups get healthier.

Didn't Wade make a comment that we only dress 4 WRs for game day?

I heard about the team planning to use Witt and the CAT in the slot. So I guess they consider them to be the 4th WR, Stanbach (3wr) seems to be practicing well this week.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
That truly pisses me off...................

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oglesby is this years Matt Moore. Really wish we would have kept him instead of Ball.

DeepBleu

Reaction score
this means no team bothered to put a claim on oglesby. perhaps we over-valued his worth.

arglebargle

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;2233826 said:

I think we ended up shorter on DBs, as the Cowboys shuffled the numbers to 4 safeties, six corners .. and 4 special teamers.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
So when he scores that game winning interception return in the last home game at Texas Stadium......................

just kidding

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;2234192 said:
Oglesby is this years Matt Moore. Really wish we would have kept him instead of Ball.

I feel ya Big. I really liked Olgesby myself. I understand the financial reasoning and all but I just liked how he put it out during camp. You like to see those kinds of guys make it. I'm glad he got picked up. He's going to help that team IMO.