Oh Madden

bobtheflob

Reaction score
After the refs (correctly) ruled that Dillon fumbled Madden said: "That's what you want to do, get it right, and they got it right"

Thanks John, I wasn't aware the refs tried to make the right calls

Hoods

Reaction score
I've heard him say dumber things.

This was more of him saying "refs always try to make the right calls, however, sometimes they're unable to. Luckly the challenge allowed them to get it right."

That's just Madden talk. Don't mind it.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
never rip on madden. he is a great announcer

and he has the best video game...

superpunk

Reaction score
bobtheflob said:
After the refs (correctly) ruled that Dillon fumbled Madden said: "That's what you want to do, get it right, and they got it right"

Thanks John, I wasn't aware the refs tried to make the right calls

Ooohhh, a thread for picking on Madden. I thought it was funny the word he created when talking about Mathis early on in the game. He was talking about how he sacks AND forces fumbles, but I can't remember the word he used. Any help?

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Is this gonna be another "pick on Madden cuz he has the job that I want!" thread?

Give me a break....I'll take him over most announcers.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Ill take him over almost all annoucners. ('sept Troy/Moose)

......But hes funny sometimes, laugh along

bobtheflob

Reaction score
I like Madden better than most for sure, he just cracks me up sometimes. At least he doesn't make me mute the TV like the Sunday Night crew or anything.

Ring Leader

Reaction score
I'm waiting for Madden to nudge the better candidate, Rayfield Wright, out of the HOF. Then, and only then, will I have a problem with the original bus driver.

dallasblue05

Reaction score
At least he is well spoken, even if he's bumbling he sounds good! not many can say that.....

red dog

Reaction score
It was exactly three minutes and forty eight seconds into the game when the Tom Brady love-fest began. He was already comparing him to Joe Montana. What would happen if the Pats played the Pack during a game he was announcing? He would not be able to talk with his mouth full of both of their...........well, you get the idea!

CalCBFan

Reaction score
He may get tongue-tied, but he picks out all the refs mistakes along the way. This guy knows his football. He was on to the "extra" 2-minute warning that the Colts got a couple of years ago in that "comeback" against TB. Game should have been over before they caught up. The ref was fined $40K or $50K for that blunder...

Eddie

Reaction score
TheFuture21 said:
never rip on madden. he is a great announcer

and he has the best video game...

He had the best video game in 2001. Nothing's changed since then. Madden 06 is the same as 2001 with a roster update, new cover, and some bells and whistles.

Pretty sad if you ask me. Pretty sad that people are shelling out $50 for the same game year after year. The people at EA must be genius'.

NYCowboy22

Reaction score
How would you change the game? It is football. If you don't like it there is always blitz.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
"anytime you talk about a mike shanahan offense, for me, its about the offense..."

Proudly tooken from bangs cartoon.

Eddie

Reaction score
NYCowboy22 said:
How would you change the game? It is football. If you don't like it there is always blitz.

I have a good idea:

- update graphics engine, Xbox version is nothing more than Madden 2000 ported over from the PS2
- more plays ... same playbook as Madden 90
- lousy player models
- sliding players
- glitches up the yang

If you really want more info on what EA hasn't done, take a look at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8213503379&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1

What will happen next year.
1. "EA will market the madden 07 game as the best game ever"
2. "EA will admit madden 06 was not that great due to the deadline of
rushing the game out but since they have had time to take advantage
of the espn and nlf license, madden 07 will be incredible"
3. "Ea will allow players to play online without the flashlight in
essence saying the flashlight did not go over as well as they
thought it would
4. Madden 07 will have 1 or 2 small enhancements, roster updates,
new annoucers(next gen will have better graphics), espn up the azz
but gameplay will still be the same complete with jetpacking wr's
and db's

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I like Madden. He was a good coach and great anouncer for years. Yeah, he is getting on in years, but growing up with him and Summeral over the years leaves me with a soft spot for him.

Madden is about the kind of football I remember from the 70's. Mud, snow, outdoor stadiums...before the "Glitz" came into the game.

ravidubey

Reaction score
Madden is fun to listen to and Michaels is a professional. It's a good team.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
In my opinion the college announcers are still the best and my favorite of course Keith Jackson. I also like Ron Franklin with ESPN

Cowchick

Reaction score
superpunk said:
Ooohhh, a thread for picking on Madden. I thought it was funny the word he created when talking about Mathis early on in the game. He was talking about how he sacks AND forces fumbles, but I can't remember the word he used. Any help?

I believe it was something to the effect of a "force fumbler" or a "fumble forcer".