OH NO! Pat Watkins Was a DeadSkins FAN!

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
http://www.sptimes.com/2004/09/16/Sports/Got_a_minute_Pat_Watk.shtml

Got a minute? Pat Watkins

By BRIAN LANDMAN, Times Staff Writer
Published September 16, 2004

What's your favorite video game? It's either Madden '05 or the new James Bond game.
What's the last movie you saw?
I, Robot.
What did you think?
I loved it. It had a great storyline and a great finish.
Are you a Will Smith fan, then?
I'm a real big Will Smith fan. Him and Denzel.
Do you have a favorite NFL team?
I'd have to say the Washington Commanders. I love watching Clinton Portis run.
:bang2:
Do you pick up things as a defensive player watching a guy like Portis?
You see how someone like that operates in the open field, it helps you learn. ... It helps me out when I'm not seeing running backs moving as fast.
[Last modified September 16, 2004, 01:32:19]

felix360

Reaction score
Thats why he didnt sound to excited when he was on the phone with JJ and BP you could tell in his voice he was that thrilled

ravidubey

Reaction score
Strike 1. He can sit on the bench and have a conversation with Kevin "49ers Fan" Burnett for all I care.

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
And Dwayne Goodrich and his family were huge Cowboys fans.

Whoopty doo.

DCowboyz

Reaction score
I forgive him.. People in life make mistakes.. Thank god Julius has recovered.. Now its Pat's turn.

tar_heel16

Reaction score
That isnt a bad thing actually. He's clearly watched the Commanders a lot and will know what to expect of them. Also, as far as I know, most who play against the teams they cheered for as a child want to win those games in particular more than any other (e.g. Sidney Crosby and the Montreal Canadians).

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
In case we didn't know, we should all be reminded that the NFL is a business and these guys aren't 12 years old.

I don't care what team he was a fan of, it doesn't make one bit of difference in his future with this club.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I edited the thread title, because this is almost 2 years old.

Kevin Burnett was a 49ers fan.

The key word in both of these cases happens to be "was". Ask him who he'll root for when we play the Skins.

Warren Sapp grew up a Cowboys fan. Big deal. They all learn to love the game watching someone play.

Hiero

Reaction score
not only was he a deadskins fan, but he thinks I, Robot was great? Ouch that movie really stunk. But he will be a heck of a player though honestly.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Darren Woodson grew up a huge Eagles fan. Is there more of a Cowboys you know of?