Oh Now it's Just the Eagles; give us a break!

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
In all seriousness did the Eagles fans and talking heads really think the Eagles had a chance to beat this Cowboys team. We should win all of these division games by at least 3 TDs. Unfortunately division games don’t usually go that way but we are that much better than the other 3 teams.
I think you could combine the other 3 teams best players and they still wouldn’t beat the boys

Just look at the prediction thread ....... All the usual Dak quarterback hating club predicted us losing.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
we could win the superbowl and they'll say "but theyve never won the world series or the NBA finals so are they really who we think they are"

:muttley:

Maybe the reason Dallas doesn't get as much credit as some crave is because they haven't come close to doing that since the mid-90s?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
What does last year and DiNucci have to do with steamrolling a division rival? Zero.

We did what we needed to do.
his way of knocking Dak....by saying DiNucci almost beat them (which is last year, not sure what it has to do with this year), then he is saying Eagles are a bad team. so big deal Dak beat a bad team and Dak's performance wasn't that good..

you have to understand how this guy works....he is very obsessed with his dak bashing. very obsessed.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
his way of knocking Dak....by saying DiNucci almost beat them (which is last year, not sure what it has to do with this year), then he is saying Eagles are a bad team. so big deal Dak beat a bad team and Dak's performance wasn't that good..

you have to understand how this guy works....he is very obsessed with his dak bashing. very obsessed.
Very sad.

Reaction score
I was looking forward to seeing what the sports analyist were going to say this morning or even the power rankings (which I get has no baring, that's the College football fan in me) So before the game, it was going to be this powerhouse offence vs an agile QB. It was going to be close. Even some (myself I admit included) almost had them losing. With all the trash talk that the Beagles started early on, Dallas beat them and beat them convincingly. SO NOW! "It's just the Eagles" COME ON MAN! Give them some credit. Let's be honest, 7 points was in trash time (really 14) and another 7 was a gimme from Dakota. This game SHOULD have been 50+ to 7.. ok.. keep us under the radar.. That's where we like it.

I'll agree that the media is duplicitous and 99% full of crap at all times, the goalposts are always moving, and their declarations should always be received with suspicion.... but, for real, the Eagles are hot-garbage. Fans should enjoy the win but don't mistake this win as a benchmark for anything meaningful.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'll agree that the media is duplicitous and 99% full of crap at all times, the goalposts are always moving, and their declarations should always be received with suspicion.... but, for real, the Eagles are hot-garbage. Fans should enjoy the win but don't mistake this win as a benchmark for anything meaningful.

I agree but I know any divisional game is a big win. Philly I think will be up and down all year and actually think they will finish better than I thought they would considering I have predicted them last in the NFC. I would not be surprised if they are 2nd in the NFC East. As for the Cowboys it was a big win and in impressive style but still far from perfect. Still things to clean up and likely be saying this all year. When this team figures out how to put a game behind them and lock in on the next opponent then they put themselves in a position to take the next step.

Shane612

Reaction score
I was looking forward to seeing what the sports analyist were going to say this morning or even the power rankings (which I get has no baring, that's the College football fan in me) So before the game, it was going to be this powerhouse offence vs an agile QB. It was going to be close. Even some (myself I admit included) almost had them losing. With all the trash talk that the Beagles started early on, Dallas beat them and beat them convincingly. SO NOW! "It's just the Eagles" COME ON MAN! Give them some credit. Let's be honest, 7 points was in trash time (really 14) and another 7 was a gimme from Dakota. This game SHOULD have been 50+ to 7.. ok.. keep us under the radar.. That's where we like it.
After the first two weeks I thought the beagle's looked the strongest in the NFCE. In the end they may still end up being the best in the division.
After just three games, it hard to tell.
Every team is entitled to couple of stinkers, and couple of exceptional games, during a season. Maybe this game was one of Beagle's stinker, and an exceptional one for the cowboys.
Too early to tell....

glimmerman

Reaction score
We played a good game. We stayed on them. When Dak had the fumble returned we could have gotten down or started pressing but we remained calm and played through it. Then our Defense actually made a play. Diggs with a pick 6.. and we took off from there and finished them.

ESisback

Reaction score
IMHO, at least 7 points were a gimme for Philly, so to beat a division rival by 3 or 4 touchdowns with all the people we have missing is pretty good. It’s a LONG season, and virtually ANYTHING could happen, but it’s a good game to build on.

Now, they need to drop it and focus on Carolina.

MizzouCowboy4

Reaction score
anytime Dallas does something positive the goal post get moved

thats just how it is

we could win the superbowl and they'll say "but theyve never won the world series or the NBA finals so are they really who we think they are"

Media is focused on Rams. Let's keep it that way

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
In fairness to the Eagles.. They looked really good against the 9ers at times last week.

Dallas just looks like one of the best teams in the NFC. Top 5 for sure.

Rams Bucs Cards then maybe Packers/Cowboys
Panthers, cant forget the Panthers.
We can drop their ranking and elevate ours this Sunday.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Remember after the Eagles won week 1 and we lost, they were at the top of the NFC East? And Hurts and that offense was for real? Lol. That's how it works. Now that their offense has been exposed the last 2 weeks and we beat them down bad, it's now "just the Eagles". It also was "just the Chargers" last week until they then beat KC last week. Most of the national media won't give us props and that's fine with me. Just keep proving it on the field.
Yes on everything you said.
Most of the media wont ever give the Cowboys props, but I bet the Panthers are looking hard at this unknown Cowboys team.
When was the last time DCs had to game plan against a Dallas Cowboys RB2?
When was the last time a OC had to game plan vs a Dallas Cowboys defense?