Oh you know you are ready for 2020

Fredbeard

Reaction score
First two mocks for 2020. LOL.

SBNation's Dan Kadar has us picking 22nd and taking Collin Johnson, WR, Texas

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2019/4...ailoa-justin-herbert-chase-young-grant-delpit

Draft Networks Trevor Sikkema has us picking 22nd and taking Kristian Fulton, CB, LSE

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/way-too-early-2020-nfl-draft-mock-draft
Charlie campbell at walter football did a '20 mock draft and had the cowboys taking a wr from colorado. I hope they consider Raekwon Davis and Derrick Brown

gmoney112

Reaction score
After the Packers crushed my dreams of getting the Sternest of Bergers, what kinda TEs we looking at next year?

Sydla

Reaction score
After the Packers crushed my dreams of getting the Sternest of Bergers, what kinda TEs we looking at next year?

I saw one quick ranking that had only one TE in the Top 50........... the kid from Missouri.

RandyOh

Reaction score
Charlie campbell at walter football did a '20 mock draft and had the cowboys taking a wr from colorado. I hope they consider Raekwon Davis and Derrick Brown
They just took their 3tech this year. Doubt DT will even be a realistic option till day 3 next year.

Fredbeard

Reaction score
They just took their 3tech this year. Doubt DT will even be a realistic option till day 3 next year.
Why ? Collins, woods and Covington are all free agents after 2019. They have spent two second round Picks and a first round pick
On defensive end.

Last edited:

RandyOh

Reaction score
Why ? Collins, woods and Covington are all free agents after 2019. They have spent two second round Picks and a first round pick
On defensive end.
They feel they got their guy this year in Hill at the 3tech so they wouldn’t take another one unless a DT is their last player with a 1st round grade left on the board. They don’t value 1techs though. They have shown this many times during the Marinelli era.

I don’t understand the 2nd part of your comment. Are you saying we have spent 2 second round picks and a 1st on our current group of DTs?

Fredbeard

Reaction score
They feel they got their guy this year in Hill at the 3tech so they wouldn’t take another one unless a DT is their last player with a 1st round grade left on the board. They don’t value 1techs though. They have shown this many times during the Marinelli era.

I don’t understand the 2nd part of your comment. Are you saying we have spent 2 second round picks and a 1st on our current group of DTs?
Oh no. I just meant that they spent multiple early picks trying to upgrade defensive end, why not use the same approach for dt.if
The scenario that you mentioned plays out and brown or davis are avaliable when the cowboys pick next year, shouldn't talent overrule any preconceived notions?

RandyOh

Reaction score
Oh no. I just meant that they spent multiple early picks trying to upgrade defensive end, why not use the same approach for dt.if
The scenario that you mentioned plays out and brown or davis are avaliable when the cowboys pick next year, shouldn't talent overrule any preconceived notions?
It’s Marinellis scheme. 3tech, edge rusher, MIKE LB are what he feels are most important. I’ve been pounding the table for a Snacks Harrison type DT for years. Closest we got to that was Vea last year but he went way early. I suppose a day 2 pick could be used on a DT if he’s explosive like Hill and Collins was but I wouldn’t count on a DT in the first at all. But I agree why not spend the resources on the interior like we did the edge. they just don’t value it.