Ok a positive thread... mostly

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
There are the usual knee jerk and idiotic comments after a less than dominating game. I guess we have to live with it. But you don't have to believe the raving uhhh....well you know. Relax and enjoy. The sky is not falling. Our defense does not suck. And we are as talented as we hoped. We just have to fix a few things.

First the positives. Well we did win. They say any landing you walk away from is a good one. I agree mostly. Until I have to fly a plane again. And fix the broken one. Folks this is a very good team with some fixable flaws. I'm going to enjoy this and I suggest you try to do the same thing.

There's the play of Felix Jones. We have an incredible returner. TD and everything. The kid can run, catch and play STs. He's a bigger plus than we knew. Big positive. This is the guy we wanted. We may have gotten a real deal here. Can you actually say you expected him to be that good returning kicks? Really??

Bennett. All you got is a flash but this kid could become a star. We are starting to see the benefits. When he catches on a little more he'll get more plays. He's fast, strong and just makes plays. Don't want to wish my life away but I can't wait to see what he becomes. Sure he could be a bust but sure as heck doesn't look like it.

Thomas. Hey he can still play. Did you see those tackles and his coverage ability? He's the real deal. We didn't know for sure he was still going to be this good. Well he can still do it against the best. That was perhaps our biggest problem last year. Yeah, I know everyone thinks it was Reeves but I wonder if that ILB play on one side didn't hurt more. Now there are no glaring areas of weakness on the defense. Yeah a few players could be All Pro's too but you can't have them everywhere. Can you??

Ware. An even bigger beast than I thought. Non-stop motor. As big as I've seen in awjile. And he's bigger and still as fast and quick. Did you see the look on McNabb's face when he sacked him. Priceless. And you do understand we sacked McNabb four times with the last one being a biggie.

Hey did you notice Spencer in there. And oh yeah. The Ellis got two and played a pretty darn good game. Thought Tank would be the killer. Guess what. Mr Motor Jr. Ratliff. What an incredible find. And Spears and Canty played well.

And Adam Jones is getting better. Much better. He's no longer a liability but an asset. That alone should cause dancing in the streets. Add in Jenkins improved play and play making ability, the return of Newman, the good play of Henry, and our safeties only making one bad play just puts frosting on the cake. Be of good cheer. You do realize DBs give up plays on occasion??

And Romo despite making an incredibly ill timed fumble then screwup trying to correct it, played very well. Add a 57yd total to his official plus one drop by Crayton (that's all I remember there may be more) and you have an even more sucessful game. Yeah, I know he threw one INT. He's going to do that trying to make plays out of manure. But at times you get incredible did you see that stuff from him. More often than the rutroe's.

Hey, and did I mention Austin is back. That's right. And he is a necessary incredient to success. Someone has to stretch the field opposite TO on some plays for it to work. He's there. And he's a player.

OL including Mr Proctor. They haven't given up a sack people. Romo is standing tall in the pocket and has all the time to pick'em apart. And Proctor's failure was not only premature but wrong. And the run game is still working. Not as well as I'd like but remember teams can dictate where you'll fail; at least in one area. At the expense of another. Hey, if teams want to stack the LOS or run blitz and key on Barber it's ok with me. We'll just pass on them bigtime. You have to know the game some and keep the whole thing in perspective. Anyone can say the defense sucks if you don't know what they're up to. Or we can't run when a team is determined to stop that. That's why you have to have all the tools in the box to be successful. And we, too. Unfortunately, we found out Philly does, too.

And I've only seen one thread on Folk. Hey, he was the difference last nite. Do you remember when kicking a FG was an adventure. Of the nasty kind. This kid has ice water for blood. He may be as good as you know who although I'll wait a few years before stating it. Can't get a TD. Ok we'll kick a FG. From 50+ yards. And be disappointed not to get it. Come on you remember those other years. And poor McBriar is forgotten. Along with the DS. Remember rotating DS's. And shanked punts along with line drives.

Ok I promised some negatives but you know what they are. Penalties. They're magnified in big games against good teams. We have to cut them down to league average at least. And bonehead mistakes. I cut Romo some slack but here's his tongue lashing.....mildly. You have to remember when you can and can't rescue a play. He's not going to listen and I'm not sure I want him to but if he learns to time his magical plays and when to perform them he'll take a big step towards being a great QB. Both boneheads last nite were him trying to make a play. Can't always do it big guy.

And taking that all into consideration should make you think this win was a good one and an important one. They will grow and mature as players and as a team.

How 'bout them Cowboys!