Ok Are We Making The playoffs?

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
HighTechDave;2479941 said:
take the reigns and handcuffs off of Romo, and let his natural instincts kick in. Rip or run. It was the "not knowing what the hell is he going to do" that made hime successfull.

Coach HTD has spoken....

i nominate high tech dave for offensive coordinator.

good stuff!!

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
In Philly. Were 10-5. 1:13 to go in the third quarter.
Dallas up by four.
3rd and 8 on our own 11. There's the snap. Romo drops back. Has decent protection. 3,4,5 seconds in pocket. No one open.
The DE breaks free and starts chasing Romo from behind. Romo does his little "pirouette" wiggle thing a time or two, ends up scrambling in his own end zone. A Defensive tackle is bearing down from behind, and of course, Romo has NO IDEA and NO FEEL for a guy who runs the 40 in 9 seconds bearing down on him. Ball is at least 24" from his body.
There's the little slap, the ball is, AGAIN, on ground. Philly up by three.
A fourth quarter TD pass from McNabb to some nobody over a "stuck in cement" Terrance Newman seals the deal. Philly by ten.........season over.
The entire season has once again come down to "The Adventures of Tony Romo" movie. Rated "R" for ridiculous.

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
lewpac;2479965 said:
In Philly. Were 10-5. 1:13 to go in the third quarter.
Dallas up by four.
3rd and 8 on our own 11. There's the snap. Romo drops back. Has decent protection. 3,4,5 seconds in pocket. No one open.
The DE breaks free and starts chasing Romo from behind. Romo does his little "pirouette" wiggle thing a time or two, ends up scrambling in his own end zone. A Defensive tackle is bearing down from behind, and of course, Romo has NO IDEA and NO FEEL for a guy who runs the 40 in 9 seconds bearing down on him. Ball is at least 24" from his body.
There's the little slap, the ball is, AGAIN, on ground. Philly up by three.
A fourth quarter TD pass from McNabb to some nobody over a "stuck in cement" Terrance Newman seals the deal. Philly by ten.........season over.
The entire season has once again come down to "The Adventures of Tony Romo" movie. Rated "R" for ridiculous.

Yeah, something here is ridiculous but it isn't your little story or it's outcome.

It's you...:lmao2:

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Tio;2479938 said:
It all depends on what happens in Big D this sunday. Gotta hit the Giants in the mouth, and ram it down their throats with Barber/Choice. If the run game is adequate I think Romo will be able to pick them apart. We will see, the Giants are coming off a loss as well but I think this team is pissed off about what happened in Pittsburgh.

hola tio..

how you been doing?

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
kingwhicker;2479909 said:
No way. Team is finished.

hello king

what's going on these days?

have not seen you on here for awhile.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
5Countem5;2479970 said:
Yeah, something here is ridiculous but it isn't your little story or it's outcome.

It's you...:lmao2:

Please show the rest of us a scenario to prove me wrong when it matters. Get your head out of the sand, and quit the "kool-aid" drinking, salivating over Romo's "bling" and decent stats.
Show us all where Romo has come through, and not subjected us to the latest "adventure" (which usually leads to the ball on the ground, or in the hands of a wide-open safety) when the important game is on the line.
Until further notice, Romo's "M.O." is "Favre-light". An over-active kid, hyper, too excitable, gets nervous, gets "happy feet", and gives the game away.
We will never get to the promised land with Romo at the helm............

Boysboy

Reaction score
Mansta54;2480047 said:
I agree and YES we make the playoffs....

You're one of my favorite posters, why? B/c you really know how to cheer everyone up during our down times. Remember after the playoff loss to the Giants, and the following week was our WORST week ever? I will never forget all those posts where you lightened everyone up! :)

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
lewpac;2480036 said:
Please show the rest of us a scenario to prove me wrong when it matters.

Prove you wrong? LOL Puhlease!! I'm not gonna give a scenario to combat that stupidity you posted.

I don't argue with UFO nuts, Bigfoot wackos and other , ahem, "theorists" either...

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

Batman

Reaction score
I think the odds are against us, but I believe with Barber coming back if Dallas takes the ball out of Romo's hands more and we go with a more smash mouthed, long drive, clock killing drive approach we just might get into the playoffs.

I am impressed with Choice, and if we can go with a power running attack between Barber and Choice, wear out the defense to open up a little more of a passing game and include Roy Williams more in the passing game(if Romo could ever figure out how many times he is open), then we could get in.

The 3 games we have left are going to expect much more of a passing attack with a heavy dose of T.O. and Witten. I say give them a heavy dose of Barber and Choice. It will not be expected. I would also like to see 1 trick play in each of the last 3 games so we know if it works, or if it is almost there. A fake punt, a fake field goal, something in that line. A halfback optino pass. We need to do a few things like this. It is one thing for them to work in practice, but try them in these next 3 games. So that way we have a few tricks planned for the playoffs.

To finish off my reply, our defense outplayed the #1 defense in the NFL. We outsacked them, did a goal line stand they never did and the only thing that slowed our defense down was a few miscommunications at the end of the game. I believe our defense will be there these 3 games, they will keep us in every game. Hopefully the offense will take advantage of an ever growing dominant defense.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Boysboy;2480053 said:
You're one of my favorite posters, why? B/c you really know how to cheer everyone up during our down times. Remember after the playoff loss to the Giants, and the following week was our WORST week ever? I will never forget all those posts where you lightened everyone up! :)

Thx for the kind words..;) I just believe in my team and feel that we're very capable of beating any team in the league and the Steeler game proved that to me. No, we didn't win but I loved the way we played and its only gonna get better. I look for Romo to light the Giants up sunday nite...

5Countem5

Benched
Reaction score
Mansta54;2480080 said:
Thx for the kind words..;) I just believe in my team and feel that we're very capable of beating any team in the league and the Steeler game proved that to me. No, we didn't win but I loved the way we played and its only gonna get better. I look for Romo to light the Giants up sunday nite...

It's sad but that's what so many cannot see. This team is primed and that AWAY game showed tat Dallas can play with anyone.

I'm more optimistic now than at any point in the season...

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2480083 said:
We do, and it starts Sunday night.
I am so amped for Sunday night.

I have hated the Giants right now more than any other team since about 2005. It will be oh so sweet if we start our run against these fools.

Mansta54

Reaction score
5Countem5;2480085 said:
It's sad but that's what so many cannot see. This team is primed and that AWAY game showed tat Dallas can play with anyone.

I'm more optimistic now than at any point in the season...

Yep, me too... That team played with desire, hunger, and energy more then I've seen from them all year long. Also, I bet MB3 runs like a BEAST after JJ sorta called him out. He will have a chip on his shoulder.

lewpac

Benched
Reaction score
5Countem5;2480058 said:
Prove you wrong? LOL Puhlease!! I'm not gonna give a scenario to combat that stupidity you posted.

I don't argue with UFO nuts, Bigfoot wackos and other , ahem, "theorists" either...

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:
And that's the usual response from an idiot whose been check-mated. Because I called you out of your "Romo-kool-aid-drinking" cult and asked you to give us one, and in ONE FRICKIN ONE time when Romo came through when it REALLY counted. Not against the Seahawks in November. Not against the Bears in September.
Give us ONE, as in ONE FRICKIN ONE time where, when the heat is on, that Romo hasn't put the ball on the ground or delivered a perfect pass to a wide open line-backer!!!!
You're all "starry-eyed" about Romo like a teenage girl stalking David Cassidy. You're awe-struck by the bling and the stats. But you got your head up your arse when it comes to what counts in NFL football. Maturity, control, cool under pressure, and not turning the ball over.
Again, for the umpteenth time, I'll put this forth: If you did a highlight film of Romo's career up till now, what would it be? It would be a buffet of flubs, misteps, fumbles, INT'S., and the predictable "adventure" in our own endzone, with the ball usually ending up on the ground.
WE need a QB!!!

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Mansta54;2480093 said:
Yep, me too... That team played with desire, hunger, and energy more then I've seen from them all year long. Also, I bet MB3 runs like a BEAST after JJ sorta called him out. He will have a chip on his shoulder.
The Stars are aligned, if you will, for a Giant arse-whuppin.;)

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
lewpac;2480094 said:
And that's the usual response from an idiot whose been check-mated. Because I called you out of your "Romo-kool-aid-drinking" cult and asked you to give us one, and in ONE FRICKIN ONE time when Romo came through when it REALLY counted. Not against the Seahawks in November. Not against the Bears in September.
Give us ONE, as in ONE FRICKIN ONE time where, when the heat is on, that Romo hasn't put the ball on the ground or delivered a perfect pass to a wide open line-backer!!!!
You're all "starry-eyed" about Romo like a teenage girl stalking David Cassidy. You're awe-struck by the bling and the stats. But you got your head up your arse when it comes to what counts in NFL football. Maturity, control, cool under pressure, and not turning the ball over.
Again, for the umpteenth time, I'll put this forth: If you did a highlight film of Romo's career up till now, what would it be? It would be a buffet of flubs, misteps, fumbles, INT'S., and the predictable "adventure" in our own endzone, with the ball usually ending up on the ground.
WE need a QB!!!
You asked him to disprove a hypothetical situation. What the hell do you expect him to do?