Ok Cowboys fans this has to be asked. why is Jerry just taking it ?

cowboyvic

Reaction score
I want you guys honest opinion on why Jerry sits back and let's Goodell, Mara and the NFL run over his franchise, players,coaches and fans? here you go.
1. the 10 million dollar cap hit on the cowboys, when there was no cap. Jerry just set there and took it.
2. the late hits on Romo with no calls from the refs. have not heard a word from Jerry or Garrett about this BS. Clay Matthews cheat shots did not even draw a flag. try that crap with Manning,Brady or Rodgers.
3.The Dez catch that may have caused guys like Romo and Witten a trip to the Super Bowl. you would think after only 2 playoff wins in 18 years, that Jerry would be fighting for everthing he gets. i want you guys to tell me why Jerry keeps taking it. why won't he fight for his players,coaches and fans? why won't he stand up to Goodell,Mara and the NFL? i am sick and tired of the cowboys getting screwed.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
JJ sees all the $$$$ coming in from the resurgence of the Cowboys, and he has been able in the past to influence them in the Marketing area where he makes " money" so to him he knows nothing will change the past, but he can certainly " influence and benefit " from the future.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Jerry excels at dealing with smarmy executive types. I'm sure he knows this just gives him ammo for when he really wants something. Keep your friends close, and your enemies even closer.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
I want you guys honest opinion on why Jerry sits back and let's Goodell, Mara and the NFL run over his franchise, players,coaches and fans? here you go.
1. the 10 million dollar cap hit on the cowboys, when there was no cap. Jerry just set there and took it.
2. the late hits on Romo with no calls from the refs. have not heard a word from Jerry or Garrett about this BS. Clay Matthews cheat shots did not even draw a flag. try that crap with Manning,Brady or Rodgers.
3.The Dez catch that may have caused guys like Romo and Witten a trip to the Super Bowl. you would think after only 2 playoff wins in 18 years, that Jerry would be fighting for everthing he gets. i want you guys to tell me why Jerry keeps taking it. why won't he fight for his players,coaches and fans? why won't he stand up to Goodell,Mara and the NFL? i am sick and tired of the cowboys getting screwed.

First, JJ could very well be doing some things behind the scenes that we will never know about.
Second, JJ is but one owner with one vote. If the other owners don't side with him on an issue, he has no recourse other than to accept what is.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Suggest what you would like him to do? I'd love to hear ideas. I'm sure he would to.

Boyz981

Reaction score

I am sure on the late hits if the team feels they are late, they send the tape into the league for review.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/bubbles_zpsf1c7cdff.gif

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
#2 ticks me off more than anything. Romo takes the most extra curricular crap in the NFL and never gets a call. I'm not a blind homer either, I watch other football besides the Cowboys and the stuff other teams get away with is ridiculous. If the league isn't going to do something, make it public and bring more attention to it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All anyone can go by is what has been publicly said or done. No one can rule out whether Jones has reacted towards or complained to the league privately. It would be a smart move if he has confronted the league behind the scenes.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reading the thread title and looking at the OP's avatar is kinda funny.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I bet Jerry is doing something. He probably has joined this message board and started a thread or two stating his disapproval of the league and refs.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I bet Jerry is doing something. He probably has joined this message board and started a thread or two stating his disapproval of the league and refs.
I think it's safe to say he had someone else type his posts if that's the case. :)

Cowboys22

Reaction score
1. No one knows all the details about that situation. Maybe there was a secret deal between the owners and Jerry and Snyder broke it. Suing over it would have exposed the NFL to anti-trust lawsuits, criminal charges, and possibly 100's of millions of dollars worth of lawsuits. He also may have decided the hit was worth it because a division opponent was getting hit 3.5 times harder. Who knows the truth but an NFL owner suing the NFL is basically suing himself.

2. If they thought they were late or cheap shots, I'm sure they sent in the tapes. What else can they do? Do you really want the owner of the Dallas Cowboys to be out there whining about people hitting his QB? Also, some of the hits people are complaining about were legit hits. Several looked like the contact was made up around his buttocks and the defender kind of slid down making it appear like a low hit when it really wasn't. Some were borderline late and could have been called but I bet fans of every single team feel the same way. It happens all over, not just to Romo.

3. What is Jerry supposed to do about the calls officials make on the field? He is powerless to do anything and do we really want our owner out there whining about things. Talk about inviting ridicule on yourself. Fans of every team feel their team is getting jobbed by the refs. This isn't exclusive to the Cowboys. Go ask Detroit fans.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
#2 ticks me off more than anything. Romo takes the most extra curricular crap in the NFL and never gets a call. I'm not a blind homer either, I watch other football besides the Cowboys and the stuff other teams get away with is ridiculous. If the league isn't going to do something, make it public and bring more attention to it.

Bingo. right on the money.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
1. No one knows all the details about that situation. Maybe there was a secret deal between the owners and Jerry and Snyder broke it. Suing over it would have exposed the NFL to anti-trust lawsuits, criminal charges, and possibly 100's of millions of dollars worth of lawsuits. He also may have decided the hit was worth it because a division opponent was getting hit 3.5 times harder. Who knows the truth but an NFL owner suing the NFL is basically suing himself.

2. If they thought they were late or cheap shots, I'm sure they sent in the tapes. What else can they do? Do you really want the owner of the Dallas Cowboys to be out there whining about people hitting his QB? Also, some of the hits people are complaining about were legit hits. Several looked like the contact was made up around his buttocks and the defender kind of slid down making it appear like a low hit when it really wasn't. Some were borderline late and could have been called but I bet fans of every single team feel the same way. It happens all over, not just to Romo.

3. What is Jerry supposed to do about the calls officials make on the field? He is powerless to do anything and do we really want our owner out there whining about things. Talk about inviting ridicule on yourself. Fans of every team feel their team is getting jobbed by the refs. This isn't exclusive to the Cowboys. Go ask Detroit fans.

What planet have you been living on. the late hit Clay Matthews put on Romo, was not only lahe. it was at the kness. with no call from the ref. WAKE UP!

Cowboys22

Reaction score
What planet have you been living on. the late hit Clay Matthews put on Romo, was not only lahe. it was at the kness. with no call from the ref. WAKE UP!

Watch it again very closely. He hits him up around the butt first and slides down Romo's legs as they are both falling. Whether it was late or not is certainly debatable.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

Again ....... they sent the tape into the front office and his paid media members are pointing it out to everyone who will listen.

What else is he supposed to do?

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
First, JJ could very well be doing some things behind the scenes that we will never know about.
Second, JJ is but one owner with one vote. If the other owners don't side with him on an issue, he has no recourse other than to accept what is.

Here's the thing. Not to get too crazy BUT... if I were Jerry. I would meet all the ref's...

Here is the excerpt :

Gentemen, you know Romo is my quarterback.
If he continues to get hit late and high and low.... I am going to hire someone to blindside and hit you guys before, during and after games.
No, I am not kidding.

heh heh