OK Lets Talk Pittsburgh

Everson24

Reaction score
So now that we've won the games we needed to to be 8-4 lets talk about the upcoming Steelers game. I want this game worse than any other this year and a solid win next week would go a long ways to ending our longtime December woes. I just hope the Cowboys are as fired up for that game as I am.

I must admit I am wondering how our OL is going to do against their zone blitz. This is the matchup I am most concerned about. They cause a lot of confusion and I dont think smarts are the strength of our line. I hope they prove me wrong. I would be more than happy to eat that crow.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
I would rather not, it will be December and it will be our first real test sinse Romo came back. No maore Seahawks on the schedule. Not to mention the field condition is likely to favor Pittsburgh.

Deefens

Reaction score
I like the matchup for us... our pass rush against their questionable pass protection.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
It's going to be an AWESOME game. This might be the most fired up I've been for a regular season game in quite a while.

The history we have vs. the Steelers... The ugly, nasty field... The stupid Terrible Towels... Big Ben... Their great D against our great O... How can you beat that?

I'm just hoping Ware is okay. :pray:

Everson24

Reaction score
Deefens;2447857 said:
I like the matchup for us... our pass rush against their questionable pass protection.

Unfortunatly, Our pass rush is all predicated on teams overcommitting to DeMarcus Ware. If he is out or slowed I bet our pass rush becomes very average in a hurry.

Deefens

Reaction score
Everson24;2447876 said:
Unfortunatly, Our pass rush is all predicated on teams overcommitting to DeMarcus Ware. If he is out or slowed I bet our pass rush becomes very average in a hurry.

I used to think that... the Dline has been a force lately. Rat, Spencer, Ellis, Tank, Hatcher, Spears, Canty have all been getting push it seems. Add to that Wade dialing up some nice blitzes and we are more than one player. One AWESOME, AWESOME player though.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
I live here and hate these s.o.b.'s more than anything. I want this game

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Will wait for the Steelers to play the patriots before I think about the matchups. Anything can happen in a game.

juck

Reaction score
We must establish a screen pass and a short passing rhythm romo wont have time to just heave and ho balls,they blitz every play.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
juckie;2447926 said:
We must establish a screen pass and a short passing rhythm romo wont have time to just heave and ho balls,they blitz every play.

yes, i want slants to T.O and short passes to barber all day.

mmohican29

Reaction score
We CAN do this and I think we will. Why?
Because we are the better football team. I don't think Pittsburgh will be able to protect Ben to the level they will need to to roll with us offensively.

Romo won't have a huge day, but if the field holds up he will make enough plays to win this game. We are one of if not THE best road team in the NFL when playing well, and we are playing well now.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
mmohican29;2447967 said:
We CAN do this and I think we will. Why?
Because we are the better football team. I don't think Pittsburgh will be able to protect Ben to the level they will need to to roll with us offensively.

Romo won't have a huge day, but if the field holds up he will make enough plays to win this game. We are one of if not THE best road team in the NFL when playing well, and we are playing well now.

Now it depends on Wares health.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It will be hard to beat Pitt because they will give us their best shot at Heinz field.

The weathers supposed to be nasty too.

Deefens

Reaction score
Starting to feel the mojo again... I am sure this team will now play confident and fight to the end. That's all you can ask for, it's a lot of fun watching them play again.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Deefens;2447987 said:
Starting to feel the mojo again... I am sure this team will now play confident and fight to the end. That's all you can ask for, it's a lot of fun watching them play again.

Mr. MOJO RISING!!!!!!!!

reddyuta

Reaction score
the most important player for us will be ware with their suspect o-line.

mikeygaga11

Reaction score
Is anyone going to Pittsburgh for the game? If so where are your seats? I'll be there, I hope that we will have a good showing of cowboys fans out there

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Pittsburghs going to be tough but I like the mindset and the demeanor of how this team has been approaching the games lately.

But I'll worry more about Pittsburgh in a couple of days. For now I'm going to smile and celebrate this victory.