OK Lets Talk Pittsburgh

yesfan

Reaction score
We win in Pittsburgh and this may become
an unstoppable team.I think this IS the defining game.

Everson24

Reaction score
parcells316;2447898 said:
I live here and hate these s.o.b.'s more than anything. I want this game

I have about 40 close family members that are all die hard/obnoxiuos Steelers fans. We absolutely must win this game. I may have to move out of Steeler country if they lose to them again.

I miss Jimmy Johnson in games like this.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
MBIII has to be ready. The weather is going to most likely nullify Dallas' vertical passing game so mudders will be key.

Perfect for Barber.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Aikmaniac;2448207 said:
MBIII has to be ready. The weather is going to most likely nullify Dallas' vertical passing game so mudders will be key.

Perfect for Barber.

Do you trust the weather forecast 10 days out? It can change at any moment. I agree that MB3 is key, but I find it hard to believe that we won't be able to pass the ball.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Here's what I do know so far about the game...

The Steelers field is going to be horrible. During this coming week, most of the high school and college teams in Pittsburgh play their final games of the year on Heinz field. The place will be horrible, and apparently they are not going to fix it for our game. Its an advantage to their defense whose players love playing sloppy games. The field also creates more of an injury risk. Following our game, the Steelers are expected to resod their field.

Team wise, if you cant tell already we are improving on both sides of the ball. For the Steelers, their offense is getting better. They are defensively dominant and play really tough at home, I don't know if their defense can get any better, its pretty good. Willie Parker has been plagued with injuries this year, but they found a gem with this Morris? guy, but are still struggling with short distance yardage. They resigned Davenport (RB) for the umpteenth time, and could probably cut him and resign him 3 more times before our game.

Ben has been getting hit and sacked alot, even giving some time for his backup-Leftwhich. He asks his line to give him an unreasonable amount of time to make his offensive reads. He has trouble being patient offensively, if we can get a quick lead on them we could see another sack field day.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don Corleone;2448215 said:
Do you trust the weather forecast 10 days out? It can change at any moment.
Exactly the point I was going to make. I've seen this brought out in more than one threads so far tonight. The weather forecasters can't make a 10 day forcast that I will believe under any conditions.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Do you trust the weather forecast 10 days out? It can change at any moment. I agree that MB3 is key, but I find it hard to believe that we won't be able to pass the ball.

I'm coupling the possibility of bad weather with their horrendous field conditions. I'm sure your in agreement that the running game will have to be more effective and consistent for this game.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Aikmaniac;2448243 said:
I'm coupling the possibility of bad weather with their horrendous field conditions. I'm sure your in agreement that the running game will have to be more effective and consistent for this game.

Absolutely! Pittsburgh is blitz happy, and we'll have to pound the rock to keep their defense honest. This will be a low scoring affair, but I believe we have an advantage with our o-line and MB3 vs. their o-line and a dinged up Willie Parker (if he even plays).

I also think we have an advantage at QB, and WRs. On defense, I like the way we've played as of late, and if we can carry that into Pitt, we stand a strong chance to win.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score

Pittsburg in December is never nice. It sure won't be nice and balmy.

Everson24

Reaction score
Aikmaniac;2448243 said:

I thought I heard that they were going to re-sod the field after this weekends games. Anyone know for sure?

Jerry needs to get involved like he did for the 92 championship game when he got George Toma to replace the center of Candlestick Park.

dfense

Reaction score
mmohican29;2447967 said:
We CAN do this and I think we will. Why?
Because we are the better football team. I don't think Pittsburgh will be able to protect Ben to the level they will need to to roll with us offensively.

Romo won't have a huge day, but if the field holds up he will make enough plays to win this game. We are one of if not THE best road team in the NFL when playing well, and we are playing well now.
From what i've seen of Pittsburgh this year, their pass protection is a notch below. Combined with Rothlesburger holding the ball a real long time equals not only sacks but fumbles. He fumbles alot.

If the Cowboys can stuff the run and force Pitt to be one dimensional, they can get after Ben and cause some turnovers.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Everson24;2448296 said:
I thought I heard that they were going to re-sod the field after this weekends games. Anyone know for sure?

Jerry needs to get involved like he did for the 92 championship game when he got George Toma to replace the center of Candlestick Park.

There was a post earlier this week that there were going to be THREE high school games at Heinz the day before our game, and then they were going to re-sod after that.

Sounds like that field will be a complete mudpit next week.

Boysboy

Reaction score
Everson24;2447844 said:
So now that we've won the games we needed to to be 8-4 lets talk about the upcoming Steelers game. I want this game worse than any other this year and a solid win next week would go a long ways to ending our longtime December woes. I just hope the Cowboys are as fired up for that game as I am.

I must admit I am wondering how our OL is going to do against their zone blitz. This is the matchup I am most concerned about. They cause a lot of confusion and I dont think smarts are the strength of our line. I hope they prove me wrong. I would be more than happy to eat that crow.

It's also payback time from that gut-wrenching loss in '04. One of the players(can't remember who) missed his blitz pickup assignment-otherwise, Vinny was going to connect with a wide open Keyshawn to seal the game. Instead, Vinny got hit, the fumble was returned to the red zone, and Pitt capitalized to win the game.

Despite all our D issues, that was our best defensive performance of the year in terms of generating a strong pass rush. That loss just put a nail into our season. The week after, we got destroyed at Lambeau, which was followed by numerous other butt whoopings.

Hopefully, we return the favor in 10 days.:)

Boysboy

Reaction score
dfense;2448519 said:
From what i've seen of Pittsburgh this year, their pass protection is a notch below. Combined with Rothlesburger holding the ball a real long time equals not only sacks but fumbles. He fumbles alot.

If the Cowboys can stuff the run and force Pitt to be one dimensional, they can get after Ben and cause some turnovers.

Faneca went to NYJ, Simmons is gone for the year, and their long time center retired after the '06 season.

Pretty much-the OL that thrived under Cowher is pretty much no longer there. Mike Thomlin has done a good job with what he has, but that area needs some re-tooling.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Their line has been terrible in pass protection this year and we lead the league in sacks.

As long as Romo can get out of the pocket and make plays while avoiding the rush, I feel pretty good about this game. Pittsburgh won't score on us much.

JohnLClark

Reaction score
Pittsburgh weather in December is tricky to call. The field is something that concerns me. I hate that they use the field for all those games and then the Steelers. Have they not learned their lesson from the joke Miami game. This field, for all the money spent on the stadium, is a disgrace. Every year they have this come up, and they never fix it. I would have thought that after Willie Parker got hurt on this piss poor field, they would have fixed it, but no, the field still sucks. For all the preening and posturing about how the Rooneys are the greatest organization in football, I would rather have Jerry Jones, who actually seems to care about his teams well being and has a good field to play on.

I hope the Cowboys can get out of here with a win and no injuries. Then I can watch those whiny Steeler fans cry how they were cheated out of the game.

Boysboy

Reaction score
JohnLClark;2448548 said:
Pittsburgh weather in December is tricky to call. The field is something that concerns me. I hate that they use the field for all those games and then the Steelers. Have they not learned their lesson from the joke Miami game. This field, for all the money spent on the stadium, is a disgrace. Every year they have this come up, and they never fix it. I would have thought that after Willie Parker got hurt on this piss poor field, they would have fixed it, but no, the field still sucks. For all the preening and posturing about how the Rooneys are the greatest organization in football, I would rather have Jerry Jones, who actually seems to care about his teams well being and has a good field to play on.

I hope the Cowboys can get out of here with a win and no injuries. Then I can watch those whiny Steeler fans cry how they were cheated out of the game.

The physical nature they play scares me-their opponents' players end up getting carted off the field almost every game.

Too bad we have to play them in the stretch run(and we play a similar Baltimore team 2 weeks later), and not early in the season.

Mansta54

Reaction score
The Steelers will have a difficult time scoring on our D. Their oline is terrible, Ben has taken a beaten this year and their running game is suspect with their RB's being dinged up. Their D gets good pressure but our BIG oline can handle them especially with Romo sliding in the pocket to extend the play which will allow us to exploit their weak secondary. TP is the only one in their secondary who scares me. We have waaaay too many weapons for them to defend. I see our D holding them to 13 to 17pts and that won't be enough to beat us... We win in Pitt!!!!!!

Bizwah

Reaction score
Their defense is tough. I think Romo's going to get hit a ton this game. I also worry how our OL seems to struggle with blitzes on the road. AZ, StL, and NYG killed us....of course, two of those were without Romo.

I also worry about their TE. The last two weeks have seen TEs rip us for HUGE gains. Heath Miller is a solid TE. We also struggle covering RBs out of the backfield. Mewelde Moore is pretty tough.

This SHOULD be a close game. I think we have more talent.....but that goes for every game we've had this year. If we can win this game....I think we go on to win the rest of them.

Galian Beast

Reaction score
big ben has been struggling all year.

He is 2nd most sacked QB still starting in the nfl. And is 50/50 on touchdown to interception ratio. His YPA is relatively pedestrian, average at best. 11th in league in passes 40 yards and beyond. 26th in the nfl in passes 20 yards and beyond. Subsequently he is 21st in the league in QB rating.

Pittsburgh's run is ranked 25th in the nfl...

And we will have Pacman Jones back.

key match up is Romo vs Pittsburgh defense