OK Lets Talk Pittsburgh

ceebro01

Reaction score
i hate to put a damper on things but there is absolutely no way with the way garrett called this game we can win next week if the playcalling stays the same we have to establish the run or romo might break his finger again and even worse.... i mean seriously barber has to play and choice has to get some carries and if u think about it the steelers have some decent corners and TO will be ineffective cuz they will jam him and beat his *** at the line and with the way flozell pass blocks he aint blocking woodley so romo aint gonna have time 2 get him the ball..... defensivly i think were gonna b alright as long as we contain willie parker cuz their oline sucks

Galian Beast

Reaction score
i take it after we got the lead, we figured we would just keep putting it in the air, and see if our guys could come down with it. No use wearing our running backs out.

not calling it genius gameplan, but maybe there might have been something behind it. since we just gave up on the run, for the second game in a row.

Boysboy

Reaction score
ceebro01;2448630 said:
i hate to put a damper on things but there is absolutely no way with the way garrett called this game we can win next week if the playcalling stays the same we have to establish the run or romo might break his finger again and even worse.... i mean seriously barber has to play and choice has to get some carries and if u think about it the steelers have some decent corners and TO will be ineffective cuz they will jam him and beat his *** at the line and with the way flozell pass blocks he aint blocking woodley so romo aint gonna have time 2 get him the ball..... defensivly i think were gonna b alright as long as we contain willie parker cuz their oline sucks

Actually-if the Steelers have a weakness, it's their secondary. It was like that under Cowher, and it's seemed to carry over to Thomlin.

What makes their D thrive are there numerous pass rushers-on 3rd down passing situations, they have the personnel to exploit the matchups-which scares me the most.

SacredStar

Reaction score
This will be a tough game, a lot tougher than the last two obviously.

When you go into a game like this where both teams are fighting for a playoff spot, you just know it's going to be an all out battle.

I'd feel better if the game was in Dallas. But I do believe the Cowboys have a shot.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I agree that our whole December could hinge on this one game. From a momentum standpoint, winning this game could do a lot to this team's mentality. As could losing it. At the same time, drop this game and you essentially leave yourself with three must-wins to finish off the year. Where as if we win this one, you at least have possibly *some* wiggle room in the final three (maybe).

I'll be watching Pittsburgh-New England with much interest Sunday.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Galian Beast;2448616 said:
big ben has been struggling all year.

He is 2nd most sacked QB still starting in the nfl. And is 50/50 on touchdown to interception ratio. His YPA is relatively pedestrian, average at best. 11th in league in passes 40 yards and beyond. 26th in the nfl in passes 20 yards and beyond. Subsequently he is 21st in the league in QB rating.

Pittsburgh's run is ranked 25th in the nfl...

And we will have Pacman Jones back.

key match up is Romo vs Pittsburgh defense

What did scare me most about Roethlisberger was his ability to break off tacklers/sackers clashed against our inability to wrap up. But we seem to be getting better at that in recent weeks, so while it still worries me, I'm not as concerned as I once was.

Boysboy

Reaction score
RainMan;2448726 said:
I agree that our whole December could hinge on this one game. From a momentum standpoint, winning this game could do a lot to this team's mentality. As could losing it. At the same time, drop this game and you essentially leave yourself with three must-wins to finish off the year. Where as if we win this one, you at least have possibly *some* wiggle room in the final three (maybe).

I'll be watching Pittsburgh-New England with much interest Sunday.

I'll definitely be rooting for Pitt b/c if they lose, they'll be coming into our game with a BIG sense of urgency. No way they lose 2 in a row.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Boysboy;2448732 said:
I'll definitely be rooting for Pitt b/c if they lose, they'll be coming into our game with a BIG sense of urgency. No way they lose 2 in a row.
THey can lose 2 in a row. They lost 2 in a row at home this year. We can win this game if we take care of the football and not give them easy scores. I will definitely take my chances watching the Steelers try to drive down the field and score on our defense. Don't make it easy for them.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
juckie;2447926 said:
We must establish a screen pass and a short passing rhythm romo wont have time to just heave and ho balls,they blitz every play.

it is going to be tough to blitz us all game.

our WR/TE group is just sick to cover. Romo can slide and if you blitz him and miss well that's prolly 40 yards plus you just ate.

our offense also has the benefit of seeing a 3-4 every day in practice and in training camp.

should be a tough game all the way around but i think we are the better team assuming ware and barber play.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2447865 said:
It's going to be an AWESOME game. This might be the most fired up I've been for a regular season game in quite a while.

The history we have vs. the Steelers... The ugly, nasty field... The stupid Terrible Towels... Big Ben... Their great D against our great O... How can you beat that?

I'm just hoping Ware is okay. :pray:

I feel the same way. I live too damn close to Pittsburgh for my liking, not to mention that I am surrounded by Steeler fans. For the most part, all I have heard is how we are going to get beat.

My wife is a Steeler's fan along with her entire family. So if we lose, I have to listen to their s**t for a looong time. I sure hope the Boys come in ready to play.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2448525 said:
There was a post earlier this week that there were going to be THREE high school games at Heinz the day before our game, and then they were going to re-sod after that.

Sounds like that field will be a complete mudpit next week.
The field was re-sod after the high school games on 11/22. Pitt-WVU play at Heinz Field today, but that is the only game scheduled on the field until America's Team blows the Steelers off it on 12/7.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
parcells316;2449011 said:
The field was re-sod after the high school games on 11/22. Pitt-WVU play at Heinz Field today, but that is the only game scheduled on the field until America's Team blows the Steelers off it on 12/7.

Oh, really? I guess that article had some bad info. Good news then.

And I agree with JT that we should be able to pick up that blitzing scheme about as well as anyone facing Jim Johnson twice a year and Wade running a somewhat similar 34 pressure scheme.

Just hope Barber is able to play and Chioce isn't out there too much... But our TEs should be hard to cover, and so should our WRs. The Steelers' corners aren't great, and I think TO and Roy can win some one-on-one matchups.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
The Weather Channel website says it's supposed to be mostly sunny and 52 next Sunday in Pittsburgh, with only a slight wind.

Not that a 10 day forecast has a lot of value.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2447888 said:
Tough game to have away. That is a big part of it.

Yup. Especially if it snows. By the way, the Steelers home record is not that great this year but winter is on the horizon and they have the edge playing in those conditions.