Ok, the RB situation

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
A few questions:

1. Why is Barber getting alot of the carries? He is not that kind of back.
  2. Why is Felix on ST's? Didnt he get hurt yesterday on ST's?
  3. All the talk of Tashard Choice... lets get him in there.
We have a potential 3-heade monster at RB.... 3 completely different styles of RB that would create mismatches and unpredictability.... so what gives?

rysko

Reaction score
there was not a lot of talk of tashard choice, it was a pointless draft pick only usefull if barber gets hurt.. why would i take away carries from barber one of the best backs in the league, or felix the most explosive rookie. makes no sense to me

goshan

Reaction score
I don't see Choice as being that unique a style.
Felix apparently got hurt in the second quarter.
If healthy, I would like to see him get 12-15 carries a game.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Now because he got hurt on special teams people don't want Felix returning kicks? Geez. This summer when Wade mentioned maybe not using him on kicks he was roasted for daring to not put him out there and now after he gets injuried doing it now people are going to second guess why he's out there?

Geez.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2333056 said:
Now because he got hurt on special teams people don't want Felix returning kicks? Geez. This summer when Wade mentioned maybe not using him on kicks he was roasted for daring to not put him out there and now after he gets injuried doing it now people are going to second guess why he's out there?

Geez.

Priorities and being smart. What wrong with that?

Felix is a MAJOR offensive weapon. Averages almost 10 yards carry... granted that will go down with more carries... but he shouldnt be out there with guys gunning for him at full speed.

He shouldnt be returning kicks. We have Austin, Pacman, Crayton.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Felix did not get hurt on special teams. He pulled/strained ? his hamstring on an offensive carry when he picked up 14 yards. He pulled up on the play and went out of bounds and did not come back in the game.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Star4Ever;2333085 said:
Felix did not get hurt on special teams. He pulled/strained ? his hamstring on an offensive carry when he picked up 14 yards. He pulled up on the play and went out of bounds and did not come back in the game.

Oh, if thats the case then ok. I had heard it was on ST's.... I think Pam Oliver?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
The fact that it week 6 has come and gone and they still havent found a role for Felix Jones is disgraceful. Our WRs cant get open and yet they still cant find a way to get Felix on the field? Garrett needs to pull his head out of his butt and get this offense in gear.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Doomsday;2333101 said:
The fact that it week 6 has come and gone and they still havent found a role for Felix Jones is disgraceful. Our WRs cant get open and yet they still cant find a way to get Felix on the field? Garrett needs to pull his head out of his butt and get this offense in gear.

Agreed. I hope the 2nd half of season includes a "Role" for Felix.

Star4Ever;2333120 said:
Consider the source on that one. :)

Actually, she is the least "typical" of the mediots out there. It wouldnt have been a stretch if she was right.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Whether he got hurt on ST or on Offense. Strained hamstrings happen. This is not a case of either losing by a huge margin or winning by a huge margin and having a player still out there like we have had happen in the past and them getting hurt.

Injuries do happen. I don't see this as a case of Spencer getting hurt in training camp because a coach did not have them stretch before going through drills.

chargrove

Reaction score
Ummm...Tashard Choice was a fourth round pick. If Jones gets knicked, he needs to be the change of pace back. He is very fast and has a knack for running the ball, and also a knack for the endzone. Put him in, Garrett. End of story.

MONT17

Reaction score
Ppl didn't want Felix on teams because guys like BARBIE CARPENTER is blocking for him!

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
If nothing else, if Felix can't go, I'm excited to see Choice get some carries. I think the guy is a gamer.

chargrove

Reaction score
Absolutely. For some reason the coaching staff is overlooking Choice since week one. With Romo out for three games, Garrett needs a three-headed monster who are all different types of runners to keep that eight-man front guessing at least a little bit.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
So, what you are saying is that Barber hasn't been productive in his role?

I hate to tell you, but Barber has as much heart as anyone on the team, he "wills" himself out of tackles. From the endzone run last year to this last game where there was no way he wasn't getting out of bounds, even his long reception was a measure of his will to win.

Keep him on the field.

chargrove

Reaction score
I'm afraid he didn't will himself past the line of scrimmage enough times yesterday, in part thanks to the O-line. I said we need the other guys for a change of pace, and we do.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
And we do use Felix in that role, there is zero reason to take carries away from barber so we can use Choice.

Save choice for when if we need him and don't fix something that isn't broke.

If you are worried about Barber getting hard yards I can't help you with that, cause that's illogical.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
So let me get this right...

We shouldn't use Barber as much
We need to get Felix more touches, but not on returns in the open field
We need to use Choice over MBIII because... why?

The RBs are NOT a problem. Find something else to get completely wrong.