Ok, the RB situation

chargrove

Reaction score
No team uses one back exclusively. What is illogical? They freaking DRAFTED two backs to compliment MBIII, so use them.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
what part of the way we use felix jones is confusing you?

You don't generally use your 3rd RB unless it is garbage time, or an injury.

chargrove

Reaction score
Not Tashard Choice. He is ready to play more than Sp. Teams right now. (He's kind of the opposite of Bobby Carpenter...who isn't ready for special teams at all.)

I would say now he'll get his chance with F. Jones sidelined, so let's watch.

chargrove

Reaction score
stealth;2333800 said:
So, what you are saying is that Barber hasn't been productive in his role?

I hate to tell you, but Barber has as much heart as anyone on the team, he "wills" himself out of tackles. From the endzone run last year to this last game where there was no way he wasn't getting out of bounds, even his long reception was a measure of his will to win.

Keep him on the field.

First, the days of Emmitt Smith single back rushing attacks are finished.

Furthermore, the NY Giants have used the three running back rotation successfully and are #1 in the NFL and have the most rushing yards of any Giants team since 1956.

So, while heart is important, good offensive design and playcalling are more important.

Please do not show so much disdain for an opinion when what I suggest is working better for our rival.

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
YoMick;2333043 said:
A few questions:

1. Why is Barber getting alot of the carries? He is not that kind of back.
  2. Why is Felix on ST's? Didnt he get hurt yesterday on ST's?
  3. All the talk of Tashard Choice... lets get him in there.
We have a potential 3-heade monster at RB.... 3 completely different styles of RB that would create mismatches and unpredictability.... so what gives?

Because Barber is THIRD in the league in total yards! Why would you take carries/touches away from him... 10-12 and that's it... But there is no reason to take too many touches away from the heart of our offense.... As Barber goes, so goes the Cowboys.... :starspin

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I am curious what Choice role will be with the injury to Jones will he get more carries or will all those just go to MB3.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
AmericasTeam31;2336400 said:
Because Barber is THIRD in the league in total yards! Why would you take carries/touches away from him... 10-12 and that's it... But there is no reason to take too many touches away from the heart of our offense.... As Barber goes, so goes the Cowboys.... :starspin

3rd in the league.... who cares?

How many times do you see the SB champions leading there? Wasnt Emmitt the last RB to lead the league in categories and win SB???

Barber is best when he is in for situational production. I would take a bunch of 1 yard runs FOR TOUCHDOWNS that other stats.

AmericasTeam31

Reaction score
YoMick;2336410 said:
3rd in the league.... who cares?

How many times do you see the SB champions leading there? Wasnt Emmitt the last RB to lead the league in categories and win SB???

Barber is best when he is in for situational production. I would take a bunch of 1 yard runs FOR TOUCHDOWNS that other stats.

Ok well you take, the 1 yd TD's I'll take the heart and soul of our offense. When do we win games when Barber struggles? Rarely, if ever. What did our offense look like last season with JJ on the field? Horrid. Enter Barber, and the offense comes to life.

Btw, He's not leading he's 3rd. lol But the point was more about him being THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF OUR OFFENSE, PERIOD!

sweetness0986

Reaction score
Barber should still get a lot of carries, but they NEED to use Choice in these upcoming weeks. We need all the options we can get right now because our passing game is going to be limited. Garrett needs to be creative in his playcalling.

rangers71

Reaction score
YoMick;2333043 said:
A few questions:
  1. Why is Barber getting alot of the carries? He is not that kind of back.
  2. Why is Felix on ST's? Didnt he get hurt yesterday on ST's?
  3. All the talk of Tashard Choice... lets get him in there.
We have a potential 3-heade monster at RB.... 3 completely different styles of RB that would create mismatches and unpredictability.... so what gives?

This may be the dumbest thread of the day. Also for all of you people complaining about Carpenter blocking on special teams he had nothing to do with the blocked punt. He was on the other side of the line. Don't get me wrong he still sucks but he wasn't responsible for that play.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Doomsday;2333101 said:
The fact that it week 6 has come and gone and they still havent found a role for Felix Jones is disgraceful. Our WRs cant get open and yet they still cant find a way to get Felix on the field? Garrett needs to pull his head out of his butt and get this offense in gear.

Obviously despite the fact Jerry thinks his pass catching is great, Jason doesn't. Or Felix can't pick up the blitz. Or he doesn't get the plays that well. He's been brought along slowly I'm certain for reasons. You don't bring ammo back from a fire fight.

2much2soon

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2333132 said:
This is not a case of either losing by a huge margin or winning by a huge margin and having a player still out there like we have had happen in the past and them getting hurt.

Paging Joey Galloway in the 4th quarter of the iggles game.
Ah, the memories...