Okay, here it is: PoetTree's Plan!

PoetTree

Reaction score
---

Hey, Guys...

Okay, so, here's my plan for the off-season. It is based on what I see right now & is subject to change depending upon what occurs in the next li'l while. But as it stand right now, this is what I'd do to make Dallas a winner next season:

FREE-AGENCY

FB Jared Sowell -- the all-purpose fullback that Bill's been missing all this time

RT Jason Fabini -- a very solid veteran right tackle who could start and provide valuable versatility

C LeCharles Bentley -- will be pricey, but players like him don't come around real often; will solidify the middle for years

FS Chris Hope -- young, fast and good; has championship experience playing the role we'd need him to on the best defense in football last year

K Adam Vinatieri -- with this guy as our kicker last year, we certainly would've made the playoffs, and even possibly the superbowl--clutch as they come

and...

WR Terrell Owens -- despite the controversy (which I don't believe will appear in dallas) he alone would completely change the face of our offense--providing that "can't-ignore" presence that no other player on our roster... or that we would draft... could possibly do--sign him, and we win the 'bowl; book it!

DRAFT -- first 2 rounds only

RD 1: LB Bobby Carpenter -- the fierce presence opposite demarcus ware that would change the face of our defense

RD 2: OG Chris Spencer -- massive, talented guard who could replace larry allen next year and has all the tools needed to dominate

And there ya have it! This would make for an incredibly pricey off-season, I know. But I see these moves easily putting us over the top. And as the cap keeps extending year-after-year (and possibly making a rather large leap from the ongoing talks), I do not believe that we'd be jeopardizing our future to do so.

Anyway, now that I'm done listening to myself talk... fire away....

:eekmouse:

Peace and Love

- PoetTree -

ravidubey

Reaction score
That's a free agent haul for the ages and a very solid draft. All possible if the Cowboys truly wish to go for it like they say they do.

May as well throw in John Abraham if we're still fantasizing.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I would cream my pants if all this could be pulled off.

burmafrd

Reaction score
I was nodding and thinking that at last Poet has figured it all out- then you go and mention the idiot- TO. Sad to come so close to getting it all right and then blowing it. Sort of like that skier that had the gold won and then showed off just before the finish line, fell, and lost. Also I think Giles is better then Spencer.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
burmafrd said:
I was nodding and thinking that at last Poet has figured it all out- then you go and mention the idiot- TO. Sad to come so close to getting it all right and then blowing it. Sort of like that skier that had the gold won and then showed off just before the finish line, fell, and lost. Also I think Giles is better then Spencer.

Yeah, poettree, i agree wholeheartedly with you, EXCEPT for T.O. It'll be too pricey with Bentley, but man, T.O. is just a cancer. not just benign, he's a big fat malignant cancerous mole. Just stay away from him, or it'll spread through the locker room and we'll become the league's laughing stock. Let the Broncos/Chiefs have him...

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Chris Spencer?? Didn't he come out of Ole Miss last year and get picked by Seattle in Round 1???

Rockytop6

Reaction score
PoetTree said:
---

Hey, Guys...

Okay, so, here's my plan for the off-season. It is based on what I see right now & is subject to change depending upon what occurs in the next li'l while. But as it stand right now, this is what I'd do to make Dallas a winner next season:

FREE-AGENCY

FB Jared Sowell -- the all-purpose fullback that Bill's been missing all this time

RT Jason Fabini -- a very solid veteran right tackle who could start and provide valuable versatility

C LeCharles Bentley -- will be pricey, but players like him don't come around real often; will solidify the middle for years

FS Chris Hope -- young, fast and good; has championship experience playing the role we'd need him to on the best defense in football last year

K Adam Vinatieri -- with this guy as our kicker last year, we certainly would've made the playoffs, and even possibly the superbowl--clutch as they come

and...

WR Terrell Owens -- despite the controversy (which I don't believe will appear in dallas) he alone would completely change the face of our offense--providing that "can't-ignore" presence that no other player on our roster... or that we would draft... could possibly do--sign him, and we win the 'bowl; book it!

DRAFT -- first 2 rounds only

RD 1: LB Bobby Carpenter -- the fierce presence opposite demarcus ware that would change the face of our defense

RD 2: OG Chris Spencer -- massive, talented guard who could replace larry allen next year and has all the tools needed to dominate

And there ya have it! This would make for an incredibly pricey off-season, I know. But I see these moves easily putting us over the top. And as the cap keeps extending year-after-year (and possibly making a rather large leap from the ongoing talks), I do not believe that we'd be jeopardizing our future to do so.

Anyway, now that I'm done listening to myself talk... fire away....

I was on your train all the way until you said T.O. and then the train wrecked.

:eekmouse:

Peace and Love

- PoetTree -

I was on your train all the way until you mentioned T.O. and then the train wrecked.

PoetTree

Reaction score
---

Yeah, it seems this is the most anti-Owens board I've ever been to. Me?? I want him. I think he'll make a great Cowboy. I honestly believe he would be not only NO trouble here, but that he would turn into a team-leader. I think we will see a different side of T.O. than ever before. I really do. I'd wager that if we sign him, everyone who now hopes we don't will be singing a different tune come mid-season.

I could be wrong. But I've just got a feeling; his friendship with Michael Irvin, his age (knowing this is "it" for him), what I like to call the 'Tuna Factor' & the simple reality that he'll be a key figure on the very best team in football. All of it adds up, to me, to a probability of Terrell Owens finally landing where his ego will fit in with the team.

Hey... we're the Dallas Cowboys, m'kay? Where else would Terrell have a larger spotlight, a bigger stage, a grander audience and more appreciation when we win than he will here in Dallas?

Right. Nowhere. Which is why he'll have a star on his helmet soon enough.

And... it will be good....

:cool:

Peace and Love

- PoetTree -

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I don't necessarily agree with everything there, but all the positions you filled were pretty good. I just think TO is going to be too much for this team, and I'm a person who could care less about attitudes and off the field stuff, but in TO's case, I just don't like all the baggage - I'd rather fly under the radar this year and with TO, you won't.

Also, If we're going to go Guard in the 2nd, might as well take the best in Gilles. You could move up from the 49th spot in the 2nd with an Ellis type trade and your 2nd pick, to get Gilles. He won't last past the first 4 or 5 slots in the second.

Manster68

Reaction score
It is unbelievable how some people think that Parcells wouold put up with Terrell Owens when Antonio Bryant only lasted several weeks after throwing a jersey in Parcells' face.

It is just not going to happen folks.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Gotta forgive Poet for his blindness about TO. Seems so many just want to believe that a scorpion will not sting you - even if HE HAS STUNG EVERYONE ELSE.