Oklahoma looked impressive

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
To those who know me for being critical of OU; I have to call a spade a spade. OU looked impressive and certainly worthy of a championship bid. I know Colorado isn't of the same calibre as Tennessee by a milestone but it was a big game nonetheless and OU just took care of business by spanking the heck out of them. That was no easy task because of the circumstances surrounding the game. It is difficult enough to win your final game of the season let alone in a conference championship, but to do so with such explosion is impressive. OU belongs in the Orange Bowl. That being said, I don't know who will win the national championship but OU made enough of a case to suggest they deserve an appearance in the Orange Bowl. Congrats to OU and their fans

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
ROFL@championing a win over 7-5 (4-4 in conf) Colorado.

Too funny!

How about USC's victory over UCLA. Is that what you would call a quality win? And I notice you ROFL on every post you write. What is it that you don't find funny any longer?

Natedawg44

Reaction score
I agree anytime you hold an opponent to 46 yards the entire game and only 3 first downs, 2 of them on personal fouls, it is total domination. That being said all three belong in a National Championship game. No Question. Unfortunately they can't. Anyone that argues otherwised is being biased and ignorant.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
Natedawg44 said:
I agree anytime you hold an opponent to 46 yards the entire game and only 3 first downs, 2 of them on personal fouls, it is total domination. That being said all three belong in a National Championship game. No Question. Unfortunately they can't. Anyone that argues otherwised is being biased and ignorant.

Agreed Natedawg..very well said. All three belong in the championship

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
mr.jameswoods said:
How about USC's victory over UCLA. Is that what you would call a quality win? And I notice you ROFL on every post you write. What is it that you don't find funny any longer?

Hmm...something tells me he was not LOLing when Oklahoma beat texas...again. ;)

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt said:
Hmm...something tells me he was not LOLing when Oklahoma beat texas...again. ;)

Or when Texas almost lost to a 4-6 (2-6 conf) Kansas squad.

ROFLMAO!

Reaction score
Danny White said:
Or when Texas almost lost to a 4-6 (2-6 conf) Kansas squad.

ROFLMAO!
Actually, after coming off games @TT, beating them 51-21, @Col, beating them 31-7, and a home game against OK State, where we spotted them 35-7 going into 1/2, before scoring 49 unanswered points to win 56-35, I'd say a "let-down," or "ambush" game SOMEWHERE in that run is inevitable.

Durring that same stretch, OU had consecutive games (OK St & A&M) that they won by 7-each, both coming down to the last second, and a third (Kan), that going into 1/2, they were up only by 7 w/ a ttl ground game of less than 45 yards.

Still wanna compare "apples-to-apples" big fella, I can counter your head-to-head comparison #'s all day, and trust me, you WON'T like the bottom line?

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
Actually, after coming off games @TT, beating them 51-21, @Col, beating them 31-7, and a home game against OK State, where we spotted them 35-7 going into 1/2, before scoring 49 unanswered points to win 56-35, I'd say a "let-down," or "ambush" game SOMEWHERE in that run is inevitable.

Durring that same stretch, OU had consecutive games (OK St & A&M) that they won by 7-each, both coming down to the last second, and a third (Kan), that going into 1/2, they were up only by 7 w/ a ttl ground game of less than 45 yards.

Still wanna compare "apples-to-apples" big fella, I can counter your head-to-head comparison #'s all day, and trust me, you WON'T like the bottom line?

Tell you what. Handle your own business Pokey and Oklahoma will darn sure handle its business. You better worry about Michigan bro instead of this Sooner football team.

You also might wanna take your digs elsewhere. You backdoored the Rose. Everyone knows it. Im glad Texas is there only because they are more representation of the Big 12 to the BCS. I hope they win. You cant even be a Big 12 fan and hope the best for Oklahoma. No you have to wade in and take your swipes at them on every post. We should make you put back that sig pic I made you after OU shut your butts out in the RRS this year. You were at least classy enough to handle that bet. I dont know what happened after that.

You used to be pretty cool. I have to admit your bitterness to Oklahoma is wearing thin tho. You should speak above it or around it. Not through it.

Maybe we should replay the RRS again. I can almost bet it would be an ever worse butt-kick now that OU has gel'd together and things are clicking.

You honestly think Vince Young is going to win you that Rose? I hope you win but I got some money on Braylen Edwards torching that piss-poor secondary of yours.

You probably dont like this BOTTOM LINE either. You sour grape eating Horn fan. :D

See you next year in the RRS Pokey.

Reaction score
Dallas said:
You used to be pretty cool. I have to admit your bitterness to Oklahoma is wearing thin tho. You should speak above it or around it. Not through it..

I have no clue what this means, seems to me I've made my points pretty clear. And as far as rooting for a team simply 'cus they're in the same conference, or even the same STATE, that's silly.

I have loyalties to TWO teams, PERIOD! One I played for and graduated from, one I grew up under the shadow of, and have supported monetarily for more years than you've probably been alive.

Also, as far as your sudden disdain for how I post on this "PUBLIC" forum, sorry you feel that way, at least I don't feel the need to resort to name calling and falling back on history for solidifying my arguments.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dallas said:
You also might wanna take your digs elsewhere. You backdoored the Rose. Everyone knows it.

This is not true. I am a Texas fan and I will admit that we lost fair and square to a pretty good OU team but Texas did not back door anything. You tell me who held OU to 12 points anywhere, anytime in the last few years? We got one L and it's to OU. That aint nothing to be ashamed of and it's deserving of the BCS.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
This is not true. I am a Texas fan and I will admit that we lost fair and square to a pretty good OU team but Texas did not back door anything. You tell me who held OU to 12 points anywhere, anytime in the last few years? We got one L and it's to OU. That aint nothing to be ashamed of and it's deserving of the BCS.

Im certain CAL could argue this all day long. If Cal would have run up the score this weekend. Texas would not be where they are. Cal needed to make a showing to hold that ranking. They chose to take a knee. Thats on them.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Dallas said:
Im certain CAL could argue this all day long. If Cal would have run up the score this weekend. Texas would not be where they are. Cal needed to make a showing to hold that ranking. They chose to take a knee. Thats on them.

Perhaps but that doesn't mean Texas is not deserving. If you want to chuck rocks at the walls fo Jericho, then you'd best look to the Big East and those who indorse this formate. Cal is deserving of a BCS and maybe the Rose but it's the BCS who developes the rankings. It's the Rose Bowl itself who determins that a Big10 school or a PAC10 school must be represented in the Rose Bowl unless there playing for a championship. If I'm not mistaken, there the only BCS bowl that has that stipulation. Truth is, Cal deserves to be there more then Michigan does. Truth is, Louisville deserves to me there more then Pittsburgh. Either way you slice it, Texas deserves to be in a BCS bowl and that's a fact. Is it fair? No it's not but then again, probably wasn't fair last year when Texas was number 5 and they didn't get a BCS bid. Was it fair that OU got to play LSU rather then USC last year?

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:
Perhaps but that doesn't mean Texas is not deserving. If you want to chuck rocks at the walls fo Jericho, then you'd best look to the Big East and those who indorse this formate. Cal is deserving of a BCS and maybe the Rose but it's the BCS who developes the rankings. It's the Rose Bowl itself who determins that a Big10 school or a PAC10 school must be represented in the Rose Bowl unless there playing for a championship. If I'm not mistaken, there the only BCS bowl that has that stipulation. Truth is, Cal deserves to be there more then Michigan does. Truth is, Louisville deserves to me there more then Pittsburgh. Either way you slice it, Texas deserves to be in a BCS bowl and that's a fact. Is it fair? No it's not but then again, probably wasn't fair last year when Texas was number 5 and they didn't get a BCS bid. Was it fair that OU got to play LSU rather then USC last year?

Dude, you're wasting key strokes, Dallas, and one or two others on here have either such a blind passion for their team, or such deep seated disdain for schools like Texas, that no argument, no mater how valid, falls on deaf ears.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
Dude, you're wasting key strokes, Dallas, and one or two others on here have either such a blind passion for their team, or such deep seated disdain for schools like Texas, that no argument, no mater how valid, falls on deaf ears.

Hey Poke, how goes it?

You ready for tonight?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:
Howdy, fine thks, you?

Yup, seems like T-giving Thurs was 2 weeks ago!! Tired of talk'n it up, let's T it up!

Sounds right to me.

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
DallasCowpoke said:

How about these for numbers. Texas was losing to Texas AM at the half by a touchdown. Texas beat 5-6 Arkansas by 2 points in which they were losing to Arkansas until 8 minutes into the 3rd quarter. Let's not forget Texas' 8 point win over Missouri. And it would have been a 7 point win if Missouri didn't miss the extra point. Trust me, there were more "let down" wins than the Kansas game

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
mr.jameswoods said:
How about these for numbers. Texas was losing to Texas AM at the half by a touchdown. Texas beat 5-6 Arkansas by 2 points in which they were losing to Arkansas until 8 minutes into the 3rd quarter. Let's not forget Texas' 8 point win over Missouri. And it would have been a 7 point win if Missouri didn't miss the extra point. Trust me, there were more "let down" wins than the Kansas game

ROTFWMPLMAO... with cheese!

mr.jameswoods

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY said:

I have to disagree and I'm not saying this because I'm an OU fan. Texas did backdoor their way into the BCS because Call was unimpressive in their win over Southern Mississippi. Do you honestly think Texas would have gotten a BCS bid had Cal dominated Southern Miss? I think that's what Dallas meant when he said Texas backdoored their way in. They needed an unimpressive showing by Cal to get in otherwise, they had no chance.