OL Asim Richards

RS12

Reaction score
Probably one of our best value picks in the draft.

Just watched him haunts ND - pretty good feet probably just needs to add some power. Foskey’s power gave him trouble a few times.
Yeah but Foskey is not overly powerful. Is the weight room lacking at Chapel Hill,?

cnuball21

Reaction score
Yeah but Foskey is not overly powerful. Is the weight room lacking at Chapel Hill,?
Foskey was a pretty darn good prospect. He’s a big and strong dude.

Richards scouting report lists heavy hands and strength as a + so probably just technique issues.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
There is no way he only repped 12 on the bench. Surely that is a type. If he did there is almost no way he has NFL strength. Heck, that's not even D1 strength.

I will say watched some of his film and he actually was somewhat impressive. Perhaps he will turn into something for us.

Look at his arms. Spaghetti. Scouts in the other thread talked about his lack of strength, I think they quoted 13 reps. He has a lot of work to do in the weight room.

StuckMojo

Reaction score
I have seen some complaints on UNC message boards about UNC’s strength coach and how Oline/Dline seem to get over powered by opposition.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Look at his arms. Spaghetti. Scouts in the other thread talked about his lack of strength, I think they quoted 13 reps. He has a lot of work to do in the weight room.
I would agree. That being said, an NFL training regimen should yield results for him rather quickly. He's got the frame to be a pretty imposing blocker. He has already proven he can play at a big time level without being in peak physical condition. If he can get his strength up to par, there is lots of upside here.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
I would agree. That being said, an NFL training regimen should yield results for him rather quickly. He's got the frame to be a pretty imposing blocker. He has already proven he can play at a big time level without being in peak physical condition. If he can get his strength up to par, there is lots of upside here.

One of the few picks I loved. If he has heart, he looks like he has the athleticism and frame to get it done.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
In a perfect world, he doesn't have to play this season at all, while he's able to work on improving his strength and transitioning full-time to OG. Maybe you have a starter in 2024.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Not a world-beater, but I liked the value and the need when they took him.
Needs to get stronger, regardless of where he plays.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Read somewhere that his first time in a weight room was at NC. Think he has potential in 2024 but probably doesn’t have the strength to offer much this year.

reddyuta

Reaction score
he has quick feet and long arms.i think he can play both Tackle and guard,since we need a LG i would start him there and see if can stick.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Why couldn't he be your blocking TE?
Because you would be tipping the play everytime he was on the field. You ideally want at least one TE who can block and catch well so you can both run and pass from multiple formations without having to substitute a different player in. This is especially important for the hurry up offense where the defense gets to match up if you change players.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Guy is amazing his arms grew over 1 inch in a months time.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
He was an undersized Tackle who will be perfect at guard ....... All his weaknesses at tackle will be eliminated by position change.
Huge homer. All great picks, amazing. Should be starting guard in no time.