OL played like trash

manster4ever

Reaction score
All of them including Martin. Smith was horrible. Move him guard asap.

Oh yeah, their worse game all year maybe. First half was abysmal. Similar to the Philly game. Smith was owned by Thibodeaux who had a big game frankly. I like Peters at LT the next game with Smith sliding to Guard and then rotating Tyron back in at LT when he's fully ready in a few weeks.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Giants have two stud DTs and Thibodeaux was a top ten pick for a reason. Not the line's best game, but they weren't taking on bums.

Wink Martindale also likes to blitz a lot, but over four quarters he eventually paid for it.
:hammer:

GMO415

Reaction score
And we had essentially all our starters. NY was missing half of theirs and managed to almost win the damn game.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
The Giants have two stud DTs and Thibodeaux was a top ten pick for a reason. Not the line's best game, but they weren't taking on bums.

Wink Martindale also likes to blitz a lot, but over four quarters he eventually paid for it.

It would have been another 40 point game if it wasn’t the penalties on the OL.

Zman5

Reaction score
I posted in another thread that Smith is probably starting to hit the rookie wall. Playing 3 games in 12 days didn't help with that either.

lukin2006

Reaction score
I’ll cut Smith some slack. This is the 1st time in his career that he has played 3 games in 12 days…we should have won all 3 of them…but 2 out 3 and a mini break, I’ll take it…

Kumbaya

Reaction score
Interesting thread…..

some here are very content…
Some here not so….
That’s to be expected….there is always two sides to a coin

all I know is, even with our pass rush, you had no sacks, and I’m convinced we would not have stopped your guys 10 times if you had 10 possessions in the 2nd half. Your boys made the necessary adjustments at halftime. Smart coaches…

Scotman

Reaction score
This game is proof that the difference between winning and losing is very, very small.

The first half wasn't good. A few penalties. A few bad throws. A few bad calls. Then, you're losing at the half.

Second half. Clean up a few things and attack some weaknesses instead of exposing your own. You win decisively.

JustChip

Reaction score
Giants we’re blitzing from everywhere. Oline was stuffing them. And anyone who kept saying pollard can’t block learned the truth again today.
Zero sacks by the Giants. 169 yards rushing (4.3 avg.). 7 of 11 3rd down conversion. Geez, some fans just reaching for a “hot take”.

Pollard had a huge blitz pickup coming from the right to the left resulting in a big 3rd down convrrsion.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zero sacks by the Giants. 169 yards rushing (4.3 avg.). 7 of 11 3rd down conversion. Geez, some fans just reaching for a “hot take”.

Pollard had a huge blitz pickup coming from the right to the left resulting in a big 3rd down convrrsion.

Yah, some just don’t understand what they are seeing.

Jarntt

Reaction score
We clearly watched a different game. Some big holes in the running game and a decent amount of time in pass protection even though the giants sent a bunch of guys often. I thought the OL played pretty well

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Trash???? Come on man!!! Geez some of you guys are so dramatic!! Did they struggle a bit? Yes, but they didn't give up any sacks and our run game was pretty good. Sometimes I wonder about some of you. :huh:

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Giants D line is very good; so no surprise we did not dominate

We did good enough

And I think these short weeks are tougher on the big uglies than anyone else

The penalties will be issue in the playoffs. Need to start either Tyron or Peters at LT.