OL played like trash

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
zero sacks and we were able to run today. They played well. Giants we’re blitzing all over the place.

The issue with the OL in this game was penalties

Saying we ran the ball well is an understatement. The Cowboys had 169 yards rushing and averaged 4.3 YPC. I would gladly take those numbers any day. And, Zeke arguably had his best game in more than a year.

Couple that with zero sacks and it wasn't a bad day for the OL.

The big difference, in my mind, is that despite the ill-timed penalties, they really didn't alter the outcome.

Creeper

Reaction score
I wonder how many times the Giants blitzed yesterday? I think it was a lot more than I have seen any team blitz Dallas. I kept wondering when Dak would burn them and in the 2nd half he did a couple of times.

But honestly I think the whole team played poorly for them. I mean when you think that the Giants were missing their two top CBs and 4 starting OLmen, how in the world was the score not 42-7? They won ugly and that is what good teams do, they win when they don't play their best.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Agree.

First rough game for Tyler.

Steele was our best OL today.
Yes, good call- Steele seemed good again. Martin had one penalty, hardly a terrible game. Just such a rare thing. Definitely Smith's worst game. Hope it was a one game thing.

FalseStart75Pozderac

Reaction score
Perception doesn't equal reality, clearly. Perception is that the OL was trash, reality is that there were no sacks, 430 yards of total offense, 169 rushing yards, 7/11 on 3rd down, a stout Giants front 4 with excessive blitzing .......and that penalty on Martin was complete and utter BS.

I'm siding with reality in my assessment. If I didn't watch the game, and I just looked at the stat sheet, I would have concluded the OL did well enough.

kskboys

Reaction score
The issue with the OL in this game was penalties

Saying we ran the ball well is an understatement. The Cowboys had 169 yards rushing and averaged 4.3 YPC. I would gladly take those numbers any day. And, Zeke arguably had his best game in more than a year.

Couple that with zero sacks and it wasn't a bad day for the OL.

The big difference, in my mind, is that despite the ill-timed penalties, they really didn't alter the outcome.
The ill timed inexplicable long passes dammm near did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NeathBlue

Reaction score
So we gave up 0 sacks to a very good DL… Ran for 160+ yards, and probably would have ran for another 100 if we’d ran the ball more, had over 400 total yards… and they were trash??! Man, you set a pretty high bar o_O

Nexx

Reaction score
trash is a bit harsh. they played a bit sloppy but the results are there in the running back and they allowed zero sacks. the penalties were bad though.

cowboyec

Reaction score
they were good enough to get a win.
if they played like "trash"...no way we get a win.
wasn't clean or perfect.
but doesn't have to be.
the way out is through.