OL Review From OXNARd!!!

K-DOGG

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am back room Oxnard and wanted to give a brief review of the OL plat that I witnessed at camp.

*Adams looked his usually self and appears to be a little thinner than last season. He was manhandling every other DL in practice with the exception of D. Ware whose quickness caused him severe problems.

* Allen looks to be in excellent physical shape. He is definitely lighter than last season and looked good in space in practice. If he gets his paws on you, it was over in practice.

* Gurode; I told several guys that Gurode would be out Al Johnson at Center when Parcells first announced the switch. He has not disappointed. Parcells has worked him with the first team alot in practice. I read today that he is now the leader at the C position. He has been strong and aggressive in his battles with Glover and Fergi.

* Rivera has been his old self. Steady, heady and a leader. He is adding stability to a line that was desparate for leadership. He already has rubbed off on Gurode and Rogers. He is strong and will not be outworked by the younger OL-men.

* Rogers, Wow! I have to admit that I thought this was a lost cause. Surprise, surprise! He has shown up big time at the RT position. Put all your worries to rest about the RT position Cowboy faithful because baring an injury, Rogers is the ticket. He has shown power that was absent last season, excellent footwork, and a nasty streak! Wow! He has been steady and consistent in his play at RT and has moved up to work exclusively with the first team. Parcells commented today about Rogers added strength in his press conference.

I believe this will be our starting five in San Diego next month.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
K-DOGG said:
Hey guys, I am back room Oxnard and wanted to give a brief review of the OL plat that I witnessed at camp.

*Adams looked his usually self and appears to be a little thinner than last season. He was manhandling every other DL in practice with the exception of D. Ware whose quickness caused him severe problems.

* Allen looks to be in excellent physical shape. He is definitely lighter than last season and looked good in space in practice. If he gets his paws on you, it was over in practice.

* Gurode; I told several guys that Gurode would be out Al Johnson at Center when Parcells first announced the switch. He has not disappointed. Parcells has worked him with the first team alot in practice. I read today that he is now the leader at the C position. He has been strong and aggressive in his battles with Glover and Fergi.

* Rivera has been his old self. Steady, heady and a leader. He is adding stability to a line that was desparate for leadership. He already has rubbed off on Gurode and Rogers. He is strong and will not be outworked by the younger OL-men.

* Rogers, Wow! I have to admit that I thought this was a lost cause. Surprise, surprise! He has shown up big time at the RT position. Put all your worries to rest about the RT position Cowboy faithful because baring an injury, Rogers is the ticket. He has shown power that was absent last season, excellent footwork, and a nasty streak! Wow! He has been steady and consistent in his play at RT and has moved up to work exclusively with the first team. Parcells commented today about Rogers added strength in his press conference.

Will Nors enter this thread like a lion or a lamb? Strikes Thinker Pose.

azcowboy

Reaction score
thanks for the recap K dogg, i was out there last week and thought the line was lookin good too and then heard the lil ball of hate say different. I am on the Gurode bandwagon too, i think this move or at least hope, is what he needs to be a player for us.
If Rogers can become what he was drafted for, we will be set. thankfully he is lookin to be on that path and not the other one.

TheHustler

Reaction score
Thanks for the review. I hope we settle our starting 5 soon so they can have time to gel.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Let's see how Rogers handles live ammo before we anoint him the starter.

CactusCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
I do not understand why everyone was so down on Rogers last year. He was a rookie, he was hurt, he did not have any confidence. The people who called him a bust just don't know football. He is a very good football player who now has the confidence he needs to excel in the NFL!

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
K-DOGG said:

Can you provide a link to the part were Gurode is the leader at center? I don't believe it.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What a recovery for Gurode IF he claims the starters position at center.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
That is great news - Johnson will have a nice backup.
Rogers can step up thats a score and all.

I want to see Gurode mentally handle it in a game, No miscalls and no penalties. Lets see it when the bullets are flying! Dude was flat out benched........

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
KDogg, thanks much for the report..AZ, have been enjoying your camp posts and pics very much as well.

doomsday_II

Reaction score
K-DOGG said:

Great review. All I know is its a certainty the O-line will be head and shoulders above last year, no matter who starts

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
CactusCowboy said:
I do not understand why everyone was so down on Rogers last year. He was a rookie, he was hurt, he did not have any confidence. The people who called him a bust just don't know football. He is a very good football player who now has the confidence he needs to excel in the NFL!

I agree...the guy was outstanding at USC, a school known for putting out good OL's...completely dominated some good pass rushers, including Terrell Suggs

David

Ken

Reaction score
Great job.

One thing about Rodgers....

Watching him in the Pre-season last year, he was great in pass protection. Obviously, his strength was the limiting factor in the run game. The pass protection end is something that couldn't be taught, he can do that without a problem.

If he has gotten signifigantly stronger, this is going to help him immensely in the run game.

It is nice to know that our second rounder from last year might pan out!

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Hey...I'm not buying the product just yet...we've all fallen prey to preseason gems who turn to coal when the seasons starts..BUT that said, it sure as heck is a lot better than reading about guys not getting the job done.

:)

Reaction score
Thanks for the update. Gurode seams to take his demotion the positive way. I'm rooting for Rogers his newfound strength and confidence has been a big boost.