OLB - Draft bio

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
We can get this guy - what do you think?

Position: Outside Linebacker
College: California
Height: 6-5
Weight: 248
Hometown: Camarillo, Calif.

Career Notes | Agility | High School | Personal | Stats

ANALYSIS
Positives: Very alert with the strength to shed … Uses his hands effectively to jam, control and re-route the tight ends … Reaches well to contain the outside run, displaying the lateral agility to string plays wide and is especially effective on the play option … Has the range and intensity to pursue plays away from his area … Maintains contact with the back in the short-area passing game … Shows good movement skills dropping back into the zone … Has a quick closing burst into the backfield … Drag-down tackler who stays low in his stance and drives with his legs … Very competitive in the weight room.
Negatives: Latches onto the tight end too much and struggles to disengage … Not much of a blitzer, due to his problems extending his arms properly to defeat blocks … Takes poor angles when asked to shoot the inside gaps … More comfortable working in space, as he seems tentative when having to face up to the larger blockers … Can stay with the tight ends and backs in the short area, but does not show the burst needed to defend vs. the deep ball … Closes hard on the quarterback, but needs a free shot (can't play off blocks) in order to be effective …
CAREER NOTES
The former walk-on joined the program as a 210-pound free safety, shifting to outside linebacker the following year after earning a scholarship … Two-year starter who added 15 pounds of muscle to his frame prior to his senior campaign … A key member of Cal's special teams throughout his career, he is an intelligent player who received the Frank Storment Award as the team's outstanding student-athlete from Southern California last December.

AGILITY TESTS
4.64 in the 40-yard dash … 2.62 in the 20-yard dash … 1.62 in the 10-yard dash … 4.21 in the 20-yard shuttle … 7.09 in the three-cone drill … 42-inch vertical jump … 10 feet, 2 inches in the broad jump … Bench presses 225 pounds 20 times … 350-pound bench press … 400-pound squat … 275-pound hang clean … 30 ½-inch arm length … 9 ¼-inch hands.
HIGH SCHOOL
A standout two-sport athlete at Rio Mesa (Calif.) High … Earned first-team Channel League and Ventura County honors in both football and basketball … Played safety on defense and tight end on offense … Had 118 tackles as a senior with four sacks and five interceptions … Had 15 receptions for 350 yards and six TDs on offense … Earned Defensive MVP honors in the '97 Ventura County East-West All-Star Game after grabbing a pair of interceptions, one of which he returned 50 yards for a TD … Averaged 15 points and 10 rebounds in his final basketball season … Won the halftime slam dunk contest in the Ventura County All-Star Game his senior year … Also lettered in track and field in the long jump, triple jump and high jump … Recruited by several Ivy League schools.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
A name would help Nors......:lmao:

I'm laughing w/ya not at ya.

That's something I would do Nors...:D

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
locked&loaded said:
maybe i missed it but whats his name?

It makes Nors feel smarter then you if he does not tell you

SDogo

Reaction score
Nors, You like Scott Fujita?

SDogo

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Fujita, just Nors being lame

Imagine that:rolleyes:

Look for the Shanle one later

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
I'd take him back for depth. Does anyone know if Dallas has to give the Chiefs another pick if he re-signs? Might not be worth it.

I wasn't terribly impressed last year.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Well he got me hook, line , and sinker....should have known.:banghead:

JonCJG

Reaction score
What about this guy? Last I heard he was available too. Could be moved to FS.

(5-11 3/8, 190, 4.47) West Texas A&M
Notes: Left high school in 1994 but did not play organized ball for the next two years. Then went to junior college for two years. Came to West Texas A&M in the spring of 1998 from Cerritos College (Calif.), where he was a junior college All-American in ’97. Won All-Lone Star Conference honors as a cornerback at West Texas A&M in ’98 and ’99. Had 34 tackles, two picks (which he returned for 90 yards and a score) and seven passes broken up in ’98. Also returned 20 kickoffs for 532 yards and a score with a long return of 100 yards. Missed the opener in ’99 but played the rest of the year and had 32 tackles, five interceptions (which he returned for 109 yards and a score) and 10 passes broken up. Also returned 15 kickoffs for 318 yards. After the season, played in both the Blue-Gray All-Star game, where he returned a kickoff 99 yards for a score, and the Senior Bowl.
Positives: Got a chance to play in the Senior Bowl and more than held his own there. A very good athlete who has speed and a burst. Can cover man-on-man and return kickoffs. Showed that he may have enough cover ability and smoothness to be tried as a cornerback on the next level. Showed a lot more focus and consistency at the Senior Bowl than he had before.

Negatives: At times does not look to be as sudden as scouts would want a cornerback to be and seems to have build-up speed as opposed to instant speed. Did too much standing around and watching in college. Did not always seem focused. Was a different player on different plays.

Summary: Got himself drafted at the Senior Bowl. Will move up the charts — provided he works out well in the spring — because he worked well during Senior Bowl week and did some good things in the game.

DB KAREEM LARRIMORE :)

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Latches onto the tight end too much and struggles to disengage … Not much of a blitzer, due to his problems extending his arms properly to defeat blocks … Takes poor angles when asked to shoot the inside gaps … More comfortable working in space, as he seems tentative when having to face up to the larger blockers …

Just what the 34 needs!

SDogo

Reaction score
123456 said:
What about this guy? Last I heard he was available too. Could be moved to FS.

(5-11 3/8, 190, 4.47) West Texas A&M
Notes: Left high school in 1994 but did not play organized ball for the next two years. Then went to junior college for two years. Came to West Texas A&M in the spring of 1998 from Cerritos College (Calif.), where he was a junior college All-American in ’97. Won All-Lone Star Conference honors as a cornerback at West Texas A&M in ’98 and ’99. Had 34 tackles, two picks (which he returned for 90 yards and a score) and seven passes broken up in ’98. Also returned 20 kickoffs for 532 yards and a score with a long return of 100 yards. Missed the opener in ’99 but played the rest of the year and had 32 tackles, five interceptions (which he returned for 109 yards and a score) and 10 passes broken up. Also returned 15 kickoffs for 318 yards. After the season, played in both the Blue-Gray All-Star game, where he returned a kickoff 99 yards for a score, and the Senior Bowl.
Positives: Got a chance to play in the Senior Bowl and more than held his own there. A very good athlete who has speed and a burst. Can cover man-on-man and return kickoffs. Showed that he may have enough cover ability and smoothness to be tried as a cornerback on the next level. Showed a lot more focus and consistency at the Senior Bowl than he had before.

Negatives: At times does not look to be as sudden as scouts would want a cornerback to be and seems to have build-up speed as opposed to instant speed. Did too much standing around and watching in college. Did not always seem focused. Was a different player on different plays.

Summary: Got himself drafted at the Senior Bowl. Will move up the charts — provided he works out well in the spring — because he worked well during Senior Bowl week and did some good things in the game.

DB KAREEM LARRIMORE :)

UGH! KILL THIS THREAD BEFORE IT'S REALLY TAKEN A TURN!:laugh2:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Fujita is a nice Vet backup - I'd resign him. You don't rack up tackles the way he has in career by sucking.

Parcells knows LB's - I'll take his opinion there carte blanche!

JonCJG

Reaction score
I hope we re-sign him too. He is a solid starter and an excellent back-up.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Fujita IS a good player.
He IS also our best option at SOLB as is now especially if you want to address other needs in the draft.

I like and have always liked Fujita. Keep him in the starting rotation, IMO and address other positions.

JonCJG

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind him grooming a DE/LB we take later in the draft allowing us to concentrate on other needs such as WR, OL and FS.

Again our needs might change after FA starts.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Nors said:
Fujita is a nice Vet backup - I'd resign him. You don't rack up tackles the way he has in career by sucking.

Parcells knows LB's - I'll take his opinion there carte blanche!

Well, maybe Parcells opinion on him changed like ours did over the course of the season. He doesn't seem to be a FA priority.