Old I love beer. A lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shunpike

Reaction score
Likes on the house, boys. Salud. I'll be in Austin the next couple of days, I'll check in from time to time with my cell.
Please head to Salt Lick for me and post some pics while there. I missed Texas dearly :(

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please head to Salt Lick for me and post some pics while there. I missed Texas dearly :(
Planning to have lunch there tomorrow and heading to Hamilton Pools for the afternoon. Taking a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black for dinner, lunch at the Brickoven on Wednesday, early afternoon meeting and letting the wife drive home so I can partake a bit.

Last edited:

Zordon

Reaction score
Hey Zordon well I bounce around but these are some places I hit up:
Sidebar, citizen, tipsy, sisu, t&a, punk society, avenu, So&so.... How are you doing this fine Monday morning bro?,
Man I used to be in some of those spots before I settled down with a chick. Partychaser promoters are my boys so if I go out nowadays it's usually for their parties.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Man I used to be in some of those spots before I settled down with a chick. Partychaser promoters are my boys so if I go out nowadays it's usually for their parties.
Last time I was in Dallas, my staff took me to the Clubhouse. Couldn't fire any of them, to much evidence. LOL

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guys, I am going to explain this the best I can.

Most forums will ban you if you spam post like you have been doing on this site. Posting a lot of short, meaningless replies to threads is not considered valid posting.

We allowed you to have this thread to post those kinds of posts though with the idea you would keep it here and only here. We knew you were using this thread to inflate your post counts, and prior to the LIKE system, we would have not allowed this to happen. Why? Because most users have actually earned their post counts by contributing meaningful posts over a long period of time and to allow users who started years later to catch up and overtake our best quality posters on this site simply by spamming "Yeah", "Good!" "Haha", etc. posts is VERY, and I mean VERY disrespectful to our long time members here.

Now, as I said, we would not have allowed this in past years, but we allowed it as long as you kept it to this thread. However, what we did not realize is that you were abusing the LIKE system at the same time, even worse than the post system.

This is NOT acceptable. As a test, I turned off LIKEs in this thread. What was the test? I wanted to see if you were really using this thread just because you wanted to hang out and chat or if you were abusing it. Instead, some of you started posting in new threads doing the same thing you were doing here. Each time I disabled LIKEs in that thread, the users moved to new threads. Now, our primary Cowboys forums are being abused and that's the final straw.

Let me be very clear. You will not abuse this site. You may think it is funny or harmless or "what's the big deal, it's just virtual numbers", but there are a lot of great users on this site that have earned their reputations over many years. While post counts have been diluted and made less relevant over the years, the LIKE system was the solution to that problem. We will not allow it to be abused any more.

In addition, this thread will likely be deleted which will cause all posts and LIKEs earned in this thread to be removed from every user that posted in this thread, even ones who posted meaningful posts.

It will be very easy for us to recognize what your motivations are by your reactions to this. We will let you create a new thread, just like this one, but if you are upset at lost post and/or LIKE counts, that will show us your primary goal for this thread was to abuse the system.

You are welcome to stay and create a new "i love beer a lot" thread in this forum. You can also get mad and show your real motivation behind this thread and leave or you can continue to post in a new thread like you have been minus the LIKE system.

From now on though, the staff will be watching the other forums, especially the main forums, and if we spot a pattern of constant short, meaningless posts in threads in those forums, accounts will be banned. This is not specific to any of you posting in this thread, but rather any user.

There's nothing wrong with occasional short, meaningless posts, but there's a very easy to recognize line between occasionally posting, "Awesome!" or "haha" replies versus spam posting them over and over.

Status
Not open for further replies.