OLD: *Important Notice* For this weeks on-line broadcast

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
It looks as if more than half the nation is without the Cowboys game this week. So I am for warning those who wish to watch on-line.

Many of you may already know this, but for those of you who don't, I'll fill you in. Last season, Sopcast was the method of choice for on-line streaming. However, the NFL has targeted Sopcast so well, that even I can not rely on using it to broadcast the games for everyone.

This season has changed dramatically. Until last week, Justin TV was everyones new friend, since it would simply play in your Internet explorer browsers via Windows Media Player. Now it appears, it too may no longer be an option. Last week the broadcasts couldn't be found anywhere. So this week we may be without that option as well.

So, what to do then? I recommend going to a sports bar of course, but that's not an option for many, so TV Ants is the new method of choice. Last week it was the only thing available.

To view games streamed by TV Ants broadcasters, which are many now that they have migrated from using Sopcast, you will need to download the player software. Here is a download page with detailed info..... http://www.tvants-ppstream.com/.

You will need channel number links to connect to the broadcasts. To find those, you simply need to visit..... http://www.myp2p.eu/competition.php?competitionid=&part=sports&discipline=americanfootball.

I will continue to post functional channel numbers here at Cowboys Zone, to try and make things simpler for everyone. But you can find most of them at the MyP2P.eu link above.

Hopefully we will continue to have Sopcast and Justin TV available again soon. But I wouldn't count on it, so consider making the move to TV Ants. The broadcasters have.

Good Luck
clover.gif

kmd24

Reaction score
Are you sure that's right? I watched the Skins/Rams on justin.tv last week.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
We should just hijack a satellite and broadcast free for everyone. :p:

IlliniNation

Reaction score
This is one week I dont care. The game is in my neck of the woods and i'll be in the stands watching.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
kmd24;2346146 said:
Are you sure that's right? I watched the Skins/Rams on justin.tv last week.

There are still a few Sopcast broadcasters who haven't jumped ship yet. I have given up trying. My Sopcast Server account has been suspended on a regular basis now, so I just post functional links for people in need. But Sopcast links are dying up as a result.

There are some Justin TV sources still available now. Those are dying up as well. Last week was a sign that the movement is leaning towards TV Ants. Since the vast majority of broadcasters are now using it.

I'm hoping the movement swings back to Sopcast. If so, then perhaps I'll take up broadcasting again.

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
If you live in Tampa come on over to my sister and bother-in-laws house. The Dallas Cowboys will be showing on a big screen TV with The Sunday Ticket with plenty of FREE hamburgers, hot dogs and beer.

Bring your game day stadium voice and a big appetite.

:D

Cowboyfan81

Broadcast Guy
Reaction score
Hey Stargazer. I was able to get another sopcast account up and running. I'm gonna be giving out the info via PM to limit exposure to possible banning. Anyway, the few times I have been able to use Sopcast this year, it has been rock solid. I'm gonna try it again this Sun.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboyfan81;2346460 said:
Hey Stargazer. I was able to get another sopcast account up and running. I'm gonna be giving out the info via PM to limit exposure to possible banning. Anyway, the few times I have been able to use Sopcast this year, it has been rock solid. I'm gonna try it again this Sun.

Cool CF81.

Glad to hear you are game this week. It's one of those times of the season that looks bleak for on-line broadcasts, and it's well needed right now since the Fox broadcasting is so limited.

Hell, I was actually thinking I might need to register a new server account with Sopcast from an alternate IP address. I'm beginning to think Sopcast has my IP on a list. I just don't see how they could suspend my accounts so aggressively.

If you intend to simply broadcast your channel to members of this forum, then I don't think you will need to limit it to a PM distribution.

I started having trouble with Sopcast when I began using my channel to help people at MyP2P. That is the mother of all broadcasting sources. So I think thats how my channel became a target. Now every time I register a new account it gets suspended before I can even make use of it.

Good Luck this week. :)

FCBarca

Reaction score
I'm going to search around the usual spots for streams and I'll PM whomever is interested on the morning of the game if I come up with any...They're there, you just reaaaaally have to look

Cowboyfan81

Broadcast Guy
Reaction score
STAR GAZER;2346628 said:
Cool CF81.

Glad to hear you are game this week. It's one of those times of the season that looks bleak for on-line broadcasts, and it's well needed right now since the Fox broadcasting is so limited.

Hell, I was actually thinking I might need to register a new server account with Sopcast from an alternate IP address. I'm beginning to think Sopcast has my IP on a list. I just don't see how they could suspend my accounts so aggressively.

If you intend to simply broadcast your channel to members of this forum, then I don't think you will need to limit it to a PM distribution.

I started having trouble with Sopcast when I began using my channel to help people at MyP2P. That is the mother of all broadcasting sources. So I think thats how my channel became a target. Now every time I register a new account it gets suspended before I can even make use of it.

Good Luck this week. :)

The problem is, everytime I post the channel info here, it gets reposted over at myp2p. Well, you know what happens next! Suspended!

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboyfan81;2346967 said:
The problem is, everytime I post the channel info here, it gets reposted over at myp2p. Well, you know what happens next! Suspended!

If someone PM's you for it, how do you know they aren't intending to repost it at MyP2P? And fielding all those PM's is going to be nearly impossible. Especially if you intend to enjoy the game yourself.

There must be a better way. If I think of anything, I'll let you know.

JonJon

Injured Reserve
Reaction score
I just refuse to pay for something that other people can get for free. Why should it matter where I live? If someone in Dallas can watch the Cowboys play for free then I should be able to as well. Money ****** suck....

kmrtjr

Reaction score
jdub2k4;2347202 said:
I just refuse to pay for something that other people can get for free. Why should it matter where I live? If someone in Dallas can watch the Cowboys play for free then I should be able to as well. Money ****** suck....

I agree 1 Trillion percent .

SacredStar

Reaction score
I like justintv.

I just watched the Pavlik/Hopkins fight for free.

But thanks for the other stream links.

BigWillie

Reaction score
You all need to invest in an FTA receiver.

If you don't know what one is, Google it. Solves all of your problems if you are willing to invest in one.