Old Roy Williams draft rumor?

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Hostile;1908105 said:
The search function on the old archives isn't working tonight. I'll keep trying.

FIBBER !! There is no quote.

AGENDA !!! I call AGENDA FOUL on Hostile! ;)

2much2soon

Reaction score
Now that I think about it, I may have heard it on a Jim Rome interview. After he'd been in the league for at least a couple of years.
I doubt it would of stuck in my mind if it was solely something someone posted on this board. My BS filters are a bit more advanced than that.
Or maybe it was just blind-hatred-induced-mass-hysteria that caused many posters here to imagine that comment :rolleyes:

JPM

Reaction score
Hostile;1908085 said:
If I produce the quote, what good would it do in the discussions about Roy? We already know he is coming back in 2008 and will be wearing #38 instead of 31.

I just would like to know what the purpose is before I do it. I may decide not to.
And I'll provide a link that says Stanback ran a 4.58. I'm just saying...

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
If my memory is correct, it was prior to the draft and he said he only wanted to play 8 years.

I remember that being the only thing that gave me pause about him and I was sky high on him!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember also. But I thought it was 5 years not 8. In any case, it was discussed at length.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Like I said, it doesn't matter. He is playing next year and wearing #38.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;1908132 said:
I remember also. But I thought it was 5 years not 8. In any case, it was discussed at length.

Are you sure it wasn't 4.58 years? Or is that Stanback's speed?

I'm getting so confused.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas;1908068 said:
Please go back and provide a link? I would like to see where this was said.

I have followed Roy through college and now here. I have read everything about him. I have never heard of anything even remotely close to this crap Nors is spewing.

Of course..Nors can't prove crap. He is just throwing it up here to see if it sticks.

Seems he has some takers. :cool:

No,
this was a serious issue going into that draft.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;1908085 said:
If I produce the quote, what good would it do in the discussions about Roy? We already know he is coming back in 2008 and will be wearing #38 instead of 31.

I just would like to know what the purpose is before I do it. I may decide not to.

December

Zman5

Reaction score
I read it too. He said he didn't think he could play more than 8 years or so. I agreed with him at the time because of the way he used to "give it up" on every play. I didn't think his body could take it for so long.

Phrozen Phil

Reaction score
I recall an interview in which Roy indicated that he was not sure that he saw himself playing beyond a specified number of years. I do not believe that it was five years. I seem to recall that it was around ten years, and it was more around his ability to play at a high level after that time. One of the resons that it didn't stand out during that time was that a ten year career was a resonable expectation. While I can't recall the specific quote, I feel confident about the impressons from the quote. The thing that stood out for me was his belief that he needed to think about life after football at all stages of his career.

Let's remember that since Roy was drafted, he has been involved in at least one high-profile relationship, become more devoutly religious and has seen his fair share of coaching changes. It's likely that Roy is a different man than the one that was originally drafted. As the season ended unexpectedly (unfortuneately), I get the sense that people are looking for scapegoats. Roy just happens to be a convenient one. If the Cowboys had pulled out a better offensive passing effort, we would not be having this discussion. Personally, I prefer to give the Giants credit for making plays when they had to, and our guys just weren't able to pull it off.

FCBarca

Reaction score
If we can't trade this bum and Killer gets signed away, I say stick him and his overpaid salary *** on special teams...Let him horsecollar all day out there.

ddh33

Reaction score
He may have said it, but he also told Darren Woodson to enjoy the all-time Cowboys' tackle record because he was going to own it in about 9 years.

So I don't think you can really take much from it. Like others have said, unless something crazy happens, Roy is your starting SS next season, wearing #38.

Gibby!

Pom Pom Waving Shill
Reaction score
Well here's one... it was a radio interview, and 8 years not 5.

http://mazevo.com/mazevo/sm.x?c=dal...main&archives=&m=25538&search=255074&#R255074

The good ol' days... guess you need to be logged in to view?

BrownSugar said:
[FONT=verdana, arial]He said that the Cowboys are going to market a "Roy's Greatest Hits" video or DVD next year. (Dogo, I thought about you, I made sure that he got the video that you made, maybe they got the idea from that, we'll see...) He said that he'll probably only play football for about 8 years, but I'm sure that the 8 years will roll around quickly and he'll change his mind set.

They asked him what he did in his spare time, he said that he likes to watch movies in his theatre room at his house. Some of his favorites are: Monster Ball (said he gets hot from the Halle love scene
lol.gif
), Coming to America, and The Last Dragon (maybe he got some of his arse kicking moves from ShoNuff
rofl.gif
).

They asked him about the types of women that he likes, he said women that are not intimidated by the amount of money that he makes. He said that most women that he has met feel like they have nothing to offer him because he makes so much money. He said that it's not about the money...He said that he likes petite women and women with BIG booties.

Anyway, that's about it. I thought his segment was funny, some guy called in and said that he was from New Orleans and that the Aints were going to kick our butts Sunday. Some lady called in and said that her husband was not a Cowboy fan, but she wanted to let her husband know that the box underneath the tree had a Roy Williams jersey in it.

The radio jock told Roy that he's noticed that when the wide receivers catch the ball over the middle, they just fall to the ground cause they hear Roy's footsteps.
[/FONT]

Posted on
2003/12/23 - 08:15:57

[FONT=verdana, arial]-----[/FONT]

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Biggems;1908058 said:
well shucks....maybe ed reed would have been a better choice....

I'd Take Ed and in the same sentence i'd take roy, both are good safeties