Oliver Hoyte

VoR

Reaction score
doomsday81 said:
I wrote it. I work for an NFL team and that is pretty much my assessment on him. Like I said, some may not like him as much as I do but to not be drafted is amazing to me. You can't watch game tape of him and tell me there are more than 200 better players than Hoyte in the country. There has to be something else going on with him that I don't know about. I'm telling you, if he is indeed on the Cowboys, watch him closely in training camp. I wouldn't be given such a glowing review of someone that wasn't even drafted if I hadn't seen something.

And just to give you some info, we had Darnell Bing rated as a 5th round prospect, Ashton Youboty rated as a late-third and Pat Watkins as a sixth, so we had a pretty good handle on a lot of players in this draft. Either I'm just way off on Hoyte or I'm missing something. He's really the only player we really miss projected by more than two rounds that I can think of. Also, it's just not me, it's me and the guys I work with so it's not like other opinions aren't used in these evaluations and they all loved Hoyte as well.

Hoyte looks awesome. It sure looks like he plays alot faster than his times (5.0 40). Just a question, what were the reasons Watkins was rated a 6th rounder through the eyes of an NFL team?

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
McCombs sold the team...Ziggy Wolf or something like that is the owner now.

MiStar

Reaction score
I watched the vid and came away unimpressed. I think Parham is a much better prospect.

ddh33

Reaction score
I'm interested who might have been saying unflattering things about Kai Parham (post #14 in this thread)? Surely it wasn't Al Groh, was it? I was under the impression that was one of his all-time favorite kids.

cowboysfan31

Reaction score
ddh33 said:
I'm interested who might have been saying unflattering things about Kai Parham? Surely it wasn't Al Groh, was it? I was under the impression that was one of his all-time favorite kids.

Wrong thread, but which unflattering comments are you refering to? I haven't heard many negatives about him besides his poor 40 time and his lack of cover ability.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
mullet said:
No way Shanle gets cut......... not after the time they have invested in him. and he is a valuable backup with good coverage ability.

If I were Shanle I wouldnt bother buying a home in Dallas

he'll be here for TC, but if he makes it to the final cutdown I will be surprised

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
doomsday81 said:
There are reports floating around out there that the Cowboys signed Oliver Hoyte, although I can't confirm them. If they did, Dallas should be arrested for stealing.

according to this he signed with the Vikes:

Vikings | Team agrees with UDFA O. Hoyte
Mon, 1 May 2006 21:06:08 -0700

The Star Tribune reports the Minnesota Vikings have agreed to a contract with undrafted rookie free agent LB Oliver Hoyte (North Carolina State).

hendog

Reaction score
I hope we signed Hoyte cause if he plays like he did in that highlight clip he'd make my team.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
mullet said:
No way Shanle gets cut......... not after the time they have invested in him. and he is a valuable backup with good coverage ability.

Somebody has to get cut. Shanle has no upside. The Cowboys will keep players with potential, even perceived potential, because they know what they have in Shanle.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
InmanRoshi said:
Yahoo Sports has highlight videos of him and Parham here.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/prospects?rank_type=16

He definitely lays the lumber on a few of the clips. My favorite is when he takes on the lead blocker on a sweep and knocks him backward into the ballcareer.

169935.jpg

Shanle hsn't got a chance to stick if it's true the Cowboys have signed him. What a hitter

doomsday81

Reaction score
He signed with the Vikings. Darn, I would have liked to see what he could do in the Cowboys 3-4 defense this preseason.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
polinskijr said:
Not to upset anyone, but if I have to read MLB one more time when referring to a 3-4 defense, I will have to be commited. In a 3-4, they are ILB's!

honestly who cares man?

you obviously understood what they meant, maybe you should be commited anyways :)