OMG--I'm famous!!!!...KM gets on DMN blog

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
I made it as a SportsSaypian!!! (And you folks here are too, sorta):

http://sportssay.beloblog.com/archives/2006/03/sportssaypian_r.html

SportsSaypian rant
SportsSaypian Maureen takes the podium:

To all the whiners about free agents in football, get over it. It's been that way for a long time now. Don't like it become a soccer fan (US soccer, not European, since they're mercenaries, too). Why should football players be any different than the rest of us? Don't we all go where we get paid the most? Don't companies lay us off when things get tough? Happens all the time.

What I love is that you hypocrites at the DMN were *****ing just a week ago that Jerry WASN'T doing enough in FA, while the Skins signed every player in sight (talk about mercenary--have you seen the contracts THOSE players got?!). Ditto for all the Cowboys fan boards -- they were aflame with anger & whining because the Boys hadn't signed anyone.

Now they're sniping that Jerry has signed people & paid them. Well, check out the contracts paid by other teams to mediocre players (which is what the majority of this year's FA crop was). Overall, the Boys have been far more sensible with their signings & what they're paying. Yes, TO is a jerk. Yes, he got $10 million for this year. But let's do a quick comparison between TO & Randle El (or any other WR on the market). Puhleeze.

For some reason, Jerry didn't want Vinatieri. So, that left us with, let's see, Vanderjagt--- or would you rather have brought Cundiff back again? Or maybe Cortez could shank a few more for us? (And may I point out that the team everyone idolizes -- the Pats -- were next in line to interview Vanderjagt; & that THEY were the ones who released Vinatieri instead of keeping him.)

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
Geez, you could have at least given us a shoutout by name. ;)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
KittyMama that you??? :p:
---------

SportsSaypian rant

SportsSaypian Maureen takes the podium:

To all the whiners about free agents in football, get over it. It's been that way for a long time now. Don't like it become a soccer fan (US soccer, not European, since they're mercenaries, too). Why should football players be any different than the rest of us? Don't we all go where we get paid the most? Don't companies lay us off when things get tough? Happens all the time.

What I love is that you hypocrites at the DMN were ******** just a week ago that Jerry WASN'T doing enough in FA, while the Skins signed every player in sight (talk about mercenary--have you seen the contracts THOSE players got?!). Ditto for all the Cowboys fan boards -- they were aflame with anger & whining because the Boys hadn't signed anyone.

Now they're sniping that Jerry has signed people & paid them. Well, check out the contracts paid by other teams to mediocre players (which is what the majority of this year's FA crop was). Overall, the Boys have been far more sensible with their signings & what they're paying. Yes, TO is a jerk. Yes, he got $10 million for this year. But let's do a quick comparison between TO & Randle El (or any other WR on the market). Puhleeze.

For some reason, Jerry didn't want Vinatieri. So, that left us with, let's see, Vanderjagt--- or would you rather have brought Cundiff back again? Or maybe Cortez could shank a few more for us? (And may I point out that the team everyone idolizes -- the Pats -- were next in line to interview Vanderjagt; & that THEY were the ones who released Vinatieri instead of keeping him.)

Posted by John Banks http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 4:44 PM (E-mail this entry)

Finally, Cowboys can win some close games

I'm a little surprised that Bill Parcells is willing to sink some money into the kicking market, considering he's done it on the cheap recently. But maybe, just maybe, he's finally tired of losing close games.

Having Vanderjagt on the roster probably means that somebody else will handle kickoffs. That's displeasing to Big Bill, no doubt. The Cowboys won't be able to have a ninth or 10th offensive lineman in uniform on game day because they'll be suiting up another kicker (yuck!).

But Parcells has to sleep better tonight knowing that his team now has the services of the most accurate kicker in NFL history at its disposal. The Cowboys picked up two victories today with this signing alone.

Posted by Brian Davis http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 4:38 PM (E-mail this entry)

Re: Vanderjagt is a Cowboy

Well, look who's here, SportsSaypian Paul. No shock he is weighing in on the Cowboys' signing of a new kicker:

Vanderjagt, Owens, all these others. We really will need a program to recognize the Dallas Cowboys. I find this utterly depressing. I've said this before to you guys: the Cowboys are not America's team, they're not even Dallas' team anymore. They're Jerry's team. The NFL today is all about owners and GMs drafting free agents out of some giant Fantasy League football pool. "Fans" are just onlookers. Like those people that tune in to ESPN to watch poker. I don't feel any longer like I have a vested interest in the team. And I'll bet most of the mercenaries at Valley Ranch feel the same way. Professional sports are really pitiful these days.

Posted by John Banks http://www.***BANNED-URL***/sharedcontent/dws/img/standing/icons/email.gif at 1:19 PM (E-mail this entry)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I knew that was u, KM... :lmao2:

It had you written all over the place...

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
Dale said:
Geez, you could have at least given us a shoutout by name. ;)
Well, the other boards were fussing too--but of course everyone KNOWS this board is the best! ;) So naturally, when I talk about boards, I mean this one.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
What gave it away, WG, the repeated rhetorical questions, or the repeated ALL CAPS?! ;)

Kittymama

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab said:
What gave it away, WG, the repeated rhetorical questions, or the repeated ALL CAPS?! ;)
WHADDYA MEAN, repeated ALL CAPS!?!?!

(I'm disappointed they didn't post another one of mine--pointing out to one of the dimwads there who was complaining about TO's character that the DMN is the newspaper which lied about its circulation numbers, which strikes me as a bit of a character issue for a corporation.)