On 3rd down this season Dak Prescott has a 91.2 QBR

CCBoy

Reaction score
Yuuup. Not Cowboy fans and pretty much fans of themselves. People would rather be right than the team succeed
Not even appear to be right...focus to be on their direction for resolution. All or nothing, but they feel obligated to hastle you in the process for their own Easter egg hunt. There's a Lombardi over here....here's another Lombardi. :flagwave:

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Not even appear to be right...focus to be on their direction for resolution. All or nothing, but they feel obligated to hastle you in the process for their own Easter egg hunt. There's a Lombardi over here....here's another Lombardi. :flagwave:
Yuuup crazy times were living in

CCBoy

Reaction score
I have to be even handed on that point. You make your own luck and there's a case to say that to win you need as much luck as skill.

If I make an argument that it appears that in recent years Dak hasnt been able to convert those game winning TD drives (and I do a lot), then ive got to concede that that 3rd down conversion rate does give a big indication that he may be overcoming that 'composure' in pressure situations.

In either case, may it continue.
In final view, results don't hide and directions do reveal. Even with a biased group of the fan base.

People lie, facts don't. Too many use biased imput and then lie about what is occuring. The Cowboys are producing at a high level and that is being judged by the media significantly. To ignore that is nothing more than a bias.

Right now, it's like the song, 'Hear that train a comin', comin' round the bend.' Hell, no one knows if they are going to be attacked by the Indians or train robbers there. I doubt it although.

Dools29

Reaction score
So you want the qb to not have faith in himself? Against Seattle he made a throw in the end zone that Lamb didn't catch...I have never seen a qb thread the needle like that....hate all you want but Dak is balling. I want my qb to test himself against defenses!
3rd and 12 in the end zone where only CD could get it. ‘‘Twas a beaut. We were behind in the game at that point and our defense couldn’t get a stop either. Sometimes you have to take risks in a game like that.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
It would be nice for a change if some of these Dak stats to be about Wins and Losses.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Spoiler:

We have a worse post of the year contributor in this thread. Some are saying he’ll likely win with an unprecedented unanimous decision.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I thought I seen it all when I realized that some posters are still upset that Jimmy left the Cowboys in ‘93 and Dak replaced Romo in ‘16. Now I see some posters only count wins against playoff level teams in the regular season but all loses count. Some posters believe the Cowboys are 0-3. :huh:

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
Some of that is just pure dumb luck. In each of the last 3 games (at least) Dak has thrown some incredibly stupid passes, most right into a crowd of defenders.

But the defenders failed to make the int, got their hands on the ball but just couldn't grab it.

Last year Dak had several similarly incredibly stupid passes, but the defenders made the int.

Dak still has to cut down on the dumb throws, can't count on defenders always missing the int.

Like they say, it's a game of inches....
You certainly seem to know something about being dumb…

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Dak has been one of the best third-down quarterbacks in the league for years. Was 2nd in EPA last year behind Mahomes.

The problem has always been that they're in way too many third downs.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Some of that is just pure dumb luck. In each of the last 3 games (at least) Dak has thrown some incredibly stupid passes, most right into a crowd of defenders.

But the defenders failed to make the int, got their hands on the ball but just couldn't grab it.

Last year Dak had several similarly incredibly stupid passes, but the defenders made the int.

Dak still has to cut down on the dumb throws, can't count on defenders always missing the int.

Which specific passes are you referring to? I’ve only seen maybe one or two risky passes from him recently, and none I’d blatantly consider poor decisions.

The worst I’ve noticed was that deep shot last week that he only threw because it was a free play.

Beaker42

Reaction score

I award you no points for this post and may God in His infinite wisdom have mercy on your soul.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score

because no QB makes dumb throws....

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score

Every good QB in the history of the NFL has passes like what you are describing. It's not exclusive to Dak.